Hello All New Farmer Looking For Advice

• Thread starter Callipygous
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I know i'm probably gonna get my chops busted on this, but i meant like environmental waste haha. Don't shoot me, I've read that for every 1 gal of r/o water produced it dumps 3-4 gals of water to waste.
Maybe you could point me in the direction of a good system, because what I don't like is my tap water ppm after running it thru a catalytic carbon filter is 101ppm
well its like 1 to 1, but you dont hook it up so that it filters all your water. You tap into your water line and install it with a shut off valve. Get you a 55 gal plastic barrel, and fill it up with ro, and shut it off. Then you have all your ro for at least a month..

And what do you mean your ppm is 100 after running it thru what kind of filter?

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

This kind, picked it up for 30 dollars, the guy at the shop said it filters out Chloramines/Chlorine
ya I think I have one of them on my filter... I have like 5 filters on my machine, and that is the first one..

Callipygous

Callipygous

Dope setup! I built a scrog pvc diy myself(my plants are tall enough to reach it though lol), so I'll hit you up if I need any help with that. I know I'm asking a lot of questions but curious about your dwc there. How often do you have to change out the reservoir, is it more costly as you are using more nutrients?

Callipygous

Callipygous

Those thick sturdy stalks seem to be a trait of plants grown in hydro, I wonder if it has to do with the substrate not being as solid as soil, so they make up for it in the stalk.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Dope setup! I built a scrog pvc diy myself(my plants are tall enough to reach it though lol), so I'll hit you up if I need any help with that. I know I'm asking a lot of questions but curious about your dwc there. How often do you have to change out the reservoir, is it more costly as you are using more nutrients?
my system use 50 gal and I have it hooked straight to the ro filter. It can pull water when it needs it.. It has a auto top off valve so that it keeps the system filled to an exact level. I also have a ph controller that monitors my ph and adds calibration if needed. I change it out once in veg and once in flower. I have a chiller which maintains the water temp at 68, along with 350 watts of heating if it get to low.. Its quite the set up... These systems are so powerful I can only use half of the nutrients other types of systems and hand watering does.. So that is a big savings..

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Those thick sturdy stalks seem to be a trait of plants grown in hydro, I wonder if it has to do with the substrate not being as solid as soil, so they make up for it in the stalk.
no its from all the oxygen that is in the water... They just grow super highways when you supercharge them with Dissolved Oxygen..

Callipygous

Callipygous

no its from all the oxygen that is in the water... They just grow super highways when you supercharge them with Dissolved Oxygen..
That's cool, I've wondered why this phenomenon was common. That makes sense though, seeing you're using a highly aerated water in the rhizosphere

SinCity

SinCity

if i may, and i wonder if folks agree, i do think you get there more quickly and in many ways more efficiently with hydro...but it's all a function of the larger decisions we make about our overall systems: inside/outside/greenhouse, overall space and size of crop, number of plants, number of rotations...she's an amazing plant....

Latest posts

Top Bottom