Hello All!

• Thread starter Mousey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mousey

Hi everyone!
Newbie here. Not just to growing, but to all things cannabis. I'm planning to grow to help my husband manage his chronic back pain stemming from an accident years ago. I've managed to source some bagseed to "practice" on until I get the hang of things.

My setup will be a 32x32x64 tent with 300w LED, more on the way for flower. I will probably only grow one plant at a time until I get a good mother. At the moment I have a small seedling in a waterfarm using the flora series of liquid nutrients, under CFLs until the LEDs come in. I'm fascinated by the chemistry involved and look forward to learning from everyone here. I will likely need at least a teeny bit of hand holding as this progresses!

MW7945

MW7945

If it's a seedling you shouldn't be giving it nutrients yet. Can fry it pretty easily

M

Mousey

If it's a seedling you shouldn't be giving it nutrients yet. Can fry it pretty easily

Thanks for the heads up! I only put .25ml in a few days ago so figured it would be okay, but I'll flush it out. :)

MW7945

MW7945

I wouldn't worry too much about flushing it out. Just wait until your plant starts to almost turn a lighter green before feeding nutrients. A seed has enough nutrients for 2 weeks or so. I was feeding mine early and didn't really have any problems but it wasn't necessary

Dan789

Dan789

Welcome to the farm and good luck helping your husband out. MJ is great to minimize the depandance on opiates from my experience.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

how close is your cfl if to far u going to have it stretch out and could fall over

M

Mousey

Got a 40w daylight cfl about 5 inches directly above and a 20w off to the side, angled down, also about 5 inches away. Heat's an issue in that room or they'd be closer. LED setup should be here in a few more days!

M

Mousey

Quick update... not much changed above ground until the lights got here the 16th. It's been about a week and a half since then, and I think it's perked up nicely. Still do not know gender, guessing it is indica dominant but like I said, it's bagseed and prone to all my newbieness. Have already learned a lot--wish I'd known to stabilize the PH of the hydroton before starting! Keeping up with constantly skyrocketing PH has been all kinds of "fun!"
If anyone spots signs of deficiency/burn/weed-destroying-monsters, please let me know? I know what to look for in theory but no practical experience!
Thanks, all!

Screenshot 2017 09 26 22 39 10 1
stiffneck

stiffneck

Good on you for helping your husband with his back pain... I know that situation all too well. Cannabis works wonders for certain pains and there are many ways to prepare it for him to use. In my experience it does take quite a bit though for severe chronic pain... RSO or FECO is a great way to go... good luck on your farming travels!

M

Mousey

FECO is exactly the plan! Really hoping it helps, and hoping I can produce enough to have a sustainable supply for him! :)

stiffneck

stiffneck

FECO is exactly the plan! Really hoping it helps, and hoping I can produce enough to have a sustainable supply for him! :)

I had neck and back fusion surgery... was on all kinds of deadly opiates for over a decade. RSO/FECO and strong edibles got me off that stuff. I grow only for myself but it took a full greenhouse to provide enough materiel for the CURE.

You can never have too much.... and if you do happen to end up with too much you can feel good about giving it to people that need it and will appreciate it...

Good luck to you and I hope you find a special MoM. :)

M

Mousey

Thank you! He was able to get off opiates and has been doing fairly well for several years, but recently started a very physically demanding job. It's been tough seeing him in so much pain, do you have any strains you'd recommend? Lots of nerve damage; his back was broken in a couple places along with a femur, and his knee was pretty severely injured as well. He mostly struggles with his back, though.

stiffneck

stiffneck

Jeez we sound alike.... I was also fortunate enough to Break my ankle really good this past spring! Not easy working in the greenhouse with a boot on yer foot!

As far as strains go I think you just have to experiment and try different ones. It also has to do with When you harvest... and what to do with the harvest...

Lot's of good strains and lot's of good breeders. Bodhi is a breeder who's strains I am growing this year... Love these strains and they are very potent strong medicine.... Thanks! Bodhi

Some say CBD is good for pain... I see people taking ONLY CBD because they don't want to be High... my personal belief is that you need ALL the cannabinoids the plant has to offer not just one or two...
For me what has worked the best is to take a number of strains 6-8 and combine the harvest so you have a FULL cannabinoid profile...

So I have Indicas, Sativa's and hybrids... and mix them all together and usually make hashish or oil or butter etc...
I believe Indica's by themselves work very well for pain and they have for me... but then again a good Sativa can just take your mind someplace else... and that's a relief from always thinking about your pain...

With constant chronic pain the worst thing is never getting a break from it! It's so hard to deal with for the person in pain and also the family members... I certainly hope your husband finds some relief. In my case the opiate pain pills almost took my life numerous times... Cannabis on the other hand has saved my.
My wife and kids are glad I am here today...

So.... Mrs. Mousey your alright in my book. Way to Grow....

M

Mousey

Thank you so much for the advise! I was planning to lean into CBD-heavy strains once I get the hang of growing. We have some CBD oil for now and it has made a lot of difference, just isn't in our budget to get him more than a couple hours of relief per day. Which is a blessing in itself, but I'm hoping this is the answer! I hope it keeps working for you as well, I can only imagine how frustrating it is to be in a constantly elevated level of pain.

M

Mousey

Update:
So far, so good, despite my struggles with RH and temps. Temps top out at 81, and my RH is consistently still in the 30s unless I'm on top of spraying water/keeping saturated towels in the tent/etc. I think that's why a couple fans are curling slightly, but any suggestions are welcome! I'm planning to top it soon but want to get humidity a bit better managed first.

Screenshot 2017 10 03 06 25 02 1
M

Mousey

update:
I ended up mainlining her a few days after posting the last update. Paired with LST and some strategic defoliation, I think I have a winner. Will flip to 12/12 probably at the end of the week!

Screenshot 2017 11 01 01 45 04
Top Bottom