Hello To All!!! This Is Just What I Needed!

• Thread starter Rooke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Hello all! I have 2 photos under a 400W hps they are 3 days into flower3 ft tall is this enough lite

Votes: 1 33.3%

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
Rooke

Rooke

They are 55 days old and approximately 3 ft tall.Should they be parallel with the bulb or perpendicular? Seems like they have better light perpendicular? I haven't done any training yet. One of them(chemdawg) is 3.5 ft. Wide with tons of side branches the other (amnesia haze) is tall and lanky.my ceiling max is 7 ft. Should I fim the tops of the mains and the upper couple of side branches to control the height? It's my first run at indoor photos I only have 2 autoflower grows under my belt so I don't have any experience with these girls. I'll attach some pics when I figure out how to do it techno dummy here but I must say I'm eager to learn and appreciate the comments!

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
That’s a big plant for that light. It’ll grow it but the bottom half of your plant is probably going to suffer in terms of production. Once into flowering she’ll grow 2-3x what she is now before she’s done. You’ll be tying down branches to keep her from getting too tall.

My rule of thumb is switch to flower when you get 1/2 to 1/3 of the finishing height you want. That way you don’t run out of space. But we all learn as we go so I’m sure your next grow will be much better. You may want to add some side lighting to help production but that’s up to you.

Rooke

Rooke

That’s a big plant for that light. It’ll grow it but the bottom half of your plant is probably going to suffer in terms of production. Once into flowering she’ll grow 2-3x what she is now before she’s done. You’ll be tying down branches to keep her from getting too tall.

My rule of thumb is switch to flower when you get 1/2 to 1/3 of the finishing height you want. That way you don’t run out of space. But we all learn as we go so I’m sure your next grow will be much better. You may want to add some side lighting to help production but that’s up to you.
Should I get another 400w? I have the room to hang it

Rooke

Rooke

Thx. Jwm2 I'm probably going to be getting a 1000W for flowering and keep the 400W for veg?

Rooke

Rooke

Thx! 1 diesel1 appreciate the reply
Here's a pic the one on the left is the chemdawg and the other is amnesia haze they are 45 days old not 55 I switched out my bulb to a 400W. Hps and switched to 12 and 12 I'm using GH nutes in hp ultra soil should I start feeding GH bloom now?

IMG 1795
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Thx. Jwm2 I'm probably going to be getting a 1000W for flowering and keep the 400W for veg?

Perfect. That would be ideal. You may want to check on a MH (metal halide) bulb for the 400w. If you don't have a ballast that is switchable you can get a conversion bulb to use in a HPS ballast. Either way good luck. Looks like you got a handle on the growing part ;-)

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Oh actually are you counting the distance from the ground up or from the soil up? Those don't look nearly as big as i thought they'd be. You might be ok with the 400w but IMO you could use some extra light. If you had a 600w light i'd say let her be, but if you really want to blow it up then yeah its hard to beat a 1000w. Side lighting could also be used to supplement your 400w setup. Either way looks good :-)

Rooke

Rooke

Oh actually are you counting the distance from the ground up or from the soil up? Those don't look nearly as big as i thought they'd be. You might be ok with the 400w but IMO you could use some extra light. If you had a 600w light i'd say let her be, but if you really want to blow it up then yeah its hard to beat a 1000w. Side lighting could also be used to supplement your 400w setup. Either way looks good :)

Rooke

Rooke

Thanks bud I had a mh bulb in up till 3 days ago when I switched to flowering that's when I went 12 and 12 then I switched my nutes to GH bloom should I have kept with the grow nutes for a bit longer? The girls are in 16 gal pots maybe they look smaller in the pic and I suck at the pics!

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks bud I had a mh bulb in up till 3 days ago when I switched to flowering that's when I went 12 and 12 then I switched my nutes to GH bloom should I have kept with the grow nutes for a bit longer? The girls are in 16 gal pots maybe they look smaller in the pic and I suck at the pics!

Oh ok that’s prolly it. Yeah it’s hard to tell size from a pic sometimes. No worries. A 1000w would be ideal in either case then.

Top Bottom