Hello World.

• Thread starter OldZoot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

OldZoot

Hello everybody, I am glad to have found this place and become a member.

Starting to grow again after nearly 40 years, lots to learn with the new and shiny tech. I am currently using a 40 year old 1KW Halide, and 6 Roleandro Galaxy Hydro red/blue 300 watt ( actually draw 110 or so ) panels in a 5 X 9 room. I have shut down the HID to see how things go with just the LEDs. Figure the first few runs will have lots of opportunity for me to learn.

Growing a combination of high CBD ( for an ill family member ) and various THC strains to blend for various therapeutic effects.

I would welcome suggestions as to light intensity requirements ( in the ancient days when I learned the rule was more is better, and in the Pacific Northwest, heat was not too much of a problem ).

Looking forward to meeting folks!

OZ

O

OldZoot

I have 2 Remedy, a Romulan Grapefruit, White Buffalo, 4G and a BlackJack. I will probably buy some more high CBD strains seeds from here after my first run is done.

OZ

Dan789

Dan789

I have 2 Remedy, a Romulan Grapefruit, White Buffalo, 4G and a BlackJack. I will probably buy some more high CBD strains seeds from here after my first run is done.

OZ
For my $.02, I wouldn’t rely entirely on the high CBD strains. You’ll need some substantial THC for pain relief along with. Peace.

O

OldZoot

For my $.02, I wouldn’t rely entirely on the high CBD strains. You’ll need some substantial THC for pain relief along with. Peace.

Thank you for your comment, I agree completely. In this run, only the Remedy is high CBD. The other four are THC only. The variety should provide a spectrum of relief for various symptoms as well as allowing for different situations such as work vs. home etc. The high-CBD varieties I plan to start from seed will also be mixed in with various other THC yielding strains ( as well as some of them being THC / CBD combos ). Of course this makes growing a bit more complex since the different strains - particularly Stativa vs. Indica have such different growth patterns making it interesting to optimize timing in a single room grow.

OZ

Dan789

Dan789

Thank you for your comment, I agree completely. In this run, only the Remedy is high CBD. The other four are THC only. The variety should provide a spectrum of relief for various symptoms as well as allowing for different situations such as work vs. home etc. The high-CBD varieties I plan to start from seed will also be mixed in with various other THC yielding strains ( as well as some of them being THC / CBD combos ). Of course this makes growing a bit more complex since the different strains - particularly Stativa vs. Indica have such different growth patterns making it interesting to optimize timing in a single room grow.

OZ
If it was easy, anyone could do it, good luck with your endeavors.

O

OldZoot

Trying to post a picture.
ColorEnhanced   Copy

This was taken with a phone, through my color-correcting glasses and then tweaked with photoshop.
Not too great for color, but shows the room with the little GalaxyHydro lights. I wish I had read the COB project threads before buying them, but will be getting some kits in the near future. I also have a 1K halide, but I have taken it out of the room for now. I am using Mission fertilizers.

OZ

Top Bottom