Hello!

• Thread starter Ponchelas
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ponchelas

Ponchelas

Hi! Im ponch! I am by all means a noobie when it comes to growing so naturally I am here because I am a bit confused about how to feed my plants.

I am currently in the 5th week of growing (from seeds) and have already topped my plants once. I was using the botanicare pure blend pro series of nutes (grow and bloom) along with cal mag plus and liquid karma of the same brand. with that said, I was using their 4 week feeding schedule and was starting to give them nutes in the 5th week (was doing the same dosage as the 4th week).

After the first day of the 5th week, I notice a spot on one of my leaves that looked like nutrient burn and noticed that all the other bottom leaves of my plants were a little lighter than the normal green they were showing but its barely noticeable. So I stopped feeding them and am just giving them pH'ed tap water. this seemed to have stopped the discoloration process and newer leaves are back to the dark green normal color.

My questions are since my plants are still not ready to flower, what do I about feeding if I have already surpassed the feeding guidelines for the product I use? (Botanicare pure blend pro grow says to use it for 4 weeks and then transition to the bloom series, but my plant is far from the desired height to start flowering cycle). Do I start the cycle all over again and start from week 1 if my plants aren't tall enough to flower? or Do I continue to feed using the guidelines of the last week on the product?

Enforcer

Enforcer

Hi! Im ponch! I am by all means a noobie when it comes to growing so naturally I am here because I am a bit confused about how to feed my plants.

I am currently in the 5th week of growing (from seeds) and have already topped my plants once. I was using the botanicare pure blend pro series of nutes (grow and bloom) along with cal mag plus and liquid karma of the same brand. with that said, I was using their 4 week feeding schedule and was starting to give them nutes in the 5th week (was doing the same dosage as the 4th week).

After the first day of the 5th week, I notice a spot on one of my leaves that looked like nutrient burn and noticed that all the other bottom leaves of my plants were a little lighter than the normal green they were showing but its barely noticeable. So I stopped feeding them and am just giving them pH'ed tap water. this seemed to have stopped the discoloration process and newer leaves are back to the dark green normal color.

My questions are since my plants are still not ready to flower, what do I about feeding if I have already surpassed the feeding guidelines for the product I use? (Botanicare pure blend pro grow says to use it for 4 weeks and then transition to the bloom series, but my plant is far from the desired height to start flowering cycle). Do I start the cycle all over again and start from week 1 if my plants aren't tall enough to flower? or Do I continue to feed using the guidelines of the last week on the product?
If going by a feed schedule, you just continue the last week of veg until you flip to flower.

Ponchelas

Ponchelas

If going by a feed schedule, you just continue the last week of veg until you flip to flower.
Thanks enforcer. I just saw this reply and regret to inform that yesterday I fed them according to parameters for first week of veg stage. Do you think it would be ok if I ramp up the nute dosage to the last week of veg state the next time i feed them or would that stress them out and cause nute burn?

goingtoguano

goingtoguano

I don't use bottled nutes but, from what i understand, you don't need much at all/if any during veg. You already saw what you thought was nute burn so I would definitely go extremely easy. To be honest, I wouldn't give them shit until I thought they were hungry again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom