Help 1000w Gavita With 7ft Ceilings

• Thread starter amedeo28
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
amedeo28

amedeo28

Does anyone have experience with double ended fixtures, specifically the Gavita 1000 or better yet their 600/750 watt version, I have 7ft cellings. Is my 7' limitation enough to allow me to use the 1000 watt double ended?

amedeo28

amedeo28

i would get the 6/750 in your spot.i run 3 of them now,had 5 going but im using mostly led now. i keep mine at 7 feet and 750w no problem.

That's what I was thinking, there is a option on my 1000w which I can turn it down to 750 would that work?

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

With that low head space, I'd rock air cooled hoods and bring the lights right down on my canopy. I don't run 1000w Gavitas in anything under 9 ft. Happy Growing Oh Gavita makes a 750w because turning your 1000w down to 750 doesn't run nearly as efficient.

amedeo28

amedeo28

With that low head space, I'd rock air cooled hoods and bring the lights right down on my canopy. I don't run 1000w Gavitas in anything under 9 ft. Happy Growing Oh Gavita makes a 750w because turning your 1000w down to 750 doesn't run nearly as efficient.

Now are you saying that because of the amount of heat it generates or risk of light burn? I also have a 8,000 btu A/C in the room, my room is 6x7 with 7ft ceilings

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

i would get the 6/750 in your spot.i run 3 of them now,had 5 going but im using mostly led now. i keep mine at 7 feet and 750w no problem.
Hey brother what are you running them 3 in? room or tent? How big of canopy you covering?

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

are you saying you would rock 750 de gavitas in air cooled hoods?

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Heat doesn't matter if you can cool the space. Gavitas were made originally for greenhouse application's, so the higher you can put them the better. @EventHorizan it depends I run my Gavitas at 1150w, they really aren't meant to be turned down IMO. So yes I'd run 1000w air cooled instead of 750w Gavitas in 7ft ceiling all day.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Heat doesn't matter if you can cool the space. Gavitas were made originally for greenhouse application's, so the higher you can put them the better. @EventHorizan it depends I run my Gavitas at 1150w, they really aren't meant to be turned down IMO. So yes I'd run 1000w air cooled instead of 750w Gavitas in 7ft ceiling all day.
ok i understand what you mean..
I dont have head room. Its my only real downfall, but I make it work.
I run 3 600's in open hoods in a 4x8 with c02.
After that run im gonna swap out the middle 600 for a cmh630 and see the difference..

guymandude

guymandude

and Gavitas was bought by Scotts so I will never use them. There are a ton of other lights out there, dont put money in Scotts/ Monsanto's pockets.

You need the light up at height to ensure the focus of light is at the canopy of the plants growing below. Too close and the light can be too intense (think magifying glass burning ants) plus heat from the open bulb is a problem too. I'm looking at buying 2 DE lights and fixtures with the AC/DE hoods and runnign them at 750. i have low ceilings too

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

and Gavitas was bought by Scotts so I will never use them. There are a ton of other lights out there, dont put money in Scotts/ Monsanto's pockets.

You need the light up at height to ensure the focus of light is at the canopy of the plants growing below. Too close and the light can be too intense (think magifying glass burning ants) plus heat from the open bulb is a problem too. I'm looking at buying 2 DE lights and fixtures with the AC/DE hoods and runnign them at 750. i have low ceilings too

I say this often anymore with everyone thinking if they don't buy grow stuff from a company because of other stuff that the. Operation my have done.

What about the families that rely on their jobs as gavita to eat and pay the bills?

I still use Botanicare. There are Americans working there right in Arizona.

Careful who you hurt with bad information is my caution. Those people don't produce gmo seeds or force farmers to do anything. They just go to their job and produce fertilizer and products.

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

A little tight for so much light. I use the 6/750s at 9ft and 1ks at 10ft+. If I had a 7ft room I'd do all 3100K CMH (pricier setup but you get it back on the electric bill), also easier to manage heat due to much lower IR intensity vs HPS.

Organikz

Organikz

A little tight for so much light. I use the 6/750s at 9ft and 1ks at 10ft+. If I had a 7ft room I'd do all 3100K CMH (pricier setup but you get it back on the electric bill), also easier to manage heat due to much lower IR intensity vs HPS.
Just ordered myself two 315w phantoms. The light penetration of cmh is unrivaled. Frosty. I run a cheap 400w retro and she still kicks ass

guymandude

guymandude

I say this often anymore with everyone thinking if they don't buy grow stuff from a company because of other stuff that the. Operation my have done.

What about the families that rely on their jobs as gavita to eat and pay the bills?

I still use Botanicare. There are Americans working there right in Arizona.

Careful who you hurt with bad information is my caution. Those people don't produce gmo seeds or force farmers to do anything. They just go to their job and produce fertilizer and products.

same as why you won';t buy one brand of car or another. Americans are building them. is that why you should buy a Chrysler product, even though quality is so low that it will suck every dime from you in the time you own it? But Americans build them so I have to buy it? Americans build Hondas and Toyotas too right here on American soil.
Companies will not stop their less than desirable practices of poisoning the ground and aquifers unless we stop buying their products, period.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

same as why you won';t buy one brand of car or another. Americans are building them. is that why you should buy a Chrysler product, even though quality is so low that it will suck every dime from you in the time you own it? But Americans build them so I have to buy it? Americans build Hondas and Toyotas too right here on American soil.
Companies will not stop their less than desirable practices of poisoning the ground and aquifers unless we stop buying their products, period.

I was a used car manager for franchise dealerships for many years. The maintenance and usage is more important than anything to the life of a car. All of them use internationally made parts. It is a global market. Many families all over the world rely on production of these parts. And they are sold all over the world when built too.

I have a 215k mile dodge caravan that never had major work and runs great. And a 250k Ford Taurus. I would drive either car across country still.

And I hear your argument but it doesn't work. The corporations are huge. Consumers can only buy the local version of the product.

And since you hate Monsanto so much. You better stop buying anything from any company on this list.

IMG 6279

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

I really dig everyone's opinion on this. 1000 ways to grow choose one. Over the years of learning I can definitely tell you what not to do. Happy Growing

Top Bottom