Help 16 Day Old Autoflower Dropping Leaves

• Thread starter Canada4crop
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Canada4crop

Hi there. My critical autoflower is super droopy. Leaves seem to be curling down. It's been 24 hours since a water so I assumed it would have picked up by now. I let the soil dry up for 5 days in between waterings. This is my first grow. It's in pro mix up with extra perlite. It was fed 1/4 dose of AN ph perfect line. Humidity is 50 and temp is 26 degrees. Not sure what's going on?

M

markthc

i am no expert but is sounds like you need to raise your temp it is 26 degrees that is below freezing

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
Hi there. My critical autoflower is super droopy. Leaves seem to be curling down. It's been 24 hours since a water so I assumed it would have picked up by now. I let the soil dry up for 5 days in between waterings. This is my first grow. It's in pro mix up with extra perlite. It was fed 1/4 dose of AN ph perfect line. Humidity is 50 and temp is 26 degrees. Not sure what's going on?
pictures or video please :)

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I would recommend watering it more often than every 5 days, but that depends on the type of lighting and other factors. Promix mixed with Perlite 50/50 would have very little water holding ability...I use Promix myself and I usually mix some composted manure in it to aid in water retention as well as supplying the micronutrients that Promix doesn't have. I give mine between 1 and 1.5 gallons of water per day per plant, using 5 gallon buckets and Promix. I love Promix but cutting it with Perlite would be like growing it in straight gravel...it only gets water when it is actually watered since it doesn't retain water well during the in between periods. The plants look fairly healthy other than the wilting and stress. How big of a container are you using? I'm not familiar with the AN fertilizers, but Promix and Perlite have no nutrients in them...I use 20-20-20 once a week and water daily.

Seraphine

Seraphine

Does it take the full five days for it to dry? If so, you may be overwatering. I know autos are planted in the permanent homes right away so if you’re saturating the soil in that entire pot then you might be adding too much water. What type of pot is that in?

Reactions: Ina
C

Canada4crop

Thanks for the great advice, they are in 5 gallon smart pots. I will try giving them less water more often and see if that improves their condition. It did seem to take about 5 days to dry out thought I may have left It a bit to long due to fear of overwatering.

schwab0619

schwab0619

Thanks for the great advice, they are in 5 gallon smart pots. I will try giving them less water more often and see if that improves their condition. It did seem to take about 5 days to dry out thought I may have left It a bit to long due to fear of overwatering.
It should only take a few days to dry out. 5 days is way too long. You'll start to get root issues if they stay soaked for 5 days at a time.

C

Canada4crop

It should only take a few days to dry out. 5 days is way too long. You'll start to get root issues if they stay soaked for 5 days at a time.
Shòuld I risk transplanting into looser soil at this point or just water less quantity more often?

schwab0619

schwab0619

Shòuld I risk transplanting into looser soil at this point or just water less quantity more often?
I would get more air circulating. No matter how much you water it still shoudnt take 5 days to dry the soil. But yes, less water for sure. My autos are dry by day 2, but I usually wait until day 3 to water. Seem to like the drink once they are completely dry and thirsty. Good Luck

Seraphine

Seraphine

Don’t transplant. Water thoroughly, enough to saturate all the roots but put a small fan directly in front of the fabric pot to help dry the soil.

C

Canada4crop

Looking much better. Super dense foliage and growing fast. I took your advise and threw another fan in there and it seems to dry out the soil faster now. I'm watering a 2 litres at a time and it seems to be ready for another watering in about 3 days. Thanks again for your help!

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Looking much better. Super dense foliage and growing fast. I took your advise and threw another fan in there and it seems to dry out the soil faster now. I'm watering a 2 litres at a time and it seems to be ready for another watering in about 3 days. Thanks again for your help!
Its good that you solved your problem but for future reference its better to go with small pots and transplant as they need it. Or if you have to go with big pots don’t water the whole pot just start with a circle around the stem and expand the circle as the foliage gets wider.

C

Canada4crop

Its good that you solved your problem but for future reference its better to go with small pots and transplant as they need it. Or if you have to go with big pots don’t water the whole pot just start with a circle around the stem and expand the circle as the foliage gets wider.
I was under the impression that autoflowers don't do well when transplanted. I was reading they can get stunted.

H

hawkman

I would recommend watering it more often than every 5 days, but that depends on the type of lighting and other factors. Promix mixed with Perlite 50/50 would have very little water holding ability...I use Promix myself and I usually mix some composted manure in it to aid in water retention as well as supplying the micronutrients that Promix doesn't have. I give mine between 1 and 1.5 gallons of water per day per plant, using 5 gallon buckets and Promix. I love Promix but cutting it with Perlite would be like growing it in straight gravel...it only gets water when it is actually watered since it doesn't retain water well during the in between periods. The plants look fairly healthy other than the wilting and stress. How big of a container are you using? I'm not familiar with the AN fertilizers, but Promix and Perlite have no nutrients in them...I use 20-20-20 once a week and water daily.
I was under the impression that autoflowers don't do well when transplanted. I was reading they can get stunted.
auto life cycle: Vegations stage 1-3 weeks
Flower stage week 4-12 - Promix very good, many farms use this medium

Latest posts

Top Bottom