Help A Grower Help!

• Thread starter MissBotany
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MissBotany

MissBotany

Nirvana bubblelicious harvest window is 8-10 weeks. She in week 7 of flower but I think she looks ready to harvest. Cloudy and amber trichomes, mostly amber pistils and she just looks old. Do you think I can push another week? I need more time to flush but I also don’t want to harvest too late.

DD6BF8AA F1DE 4F43 A690 D1F9EBFBE02A
4D0D08C8 E065 473E 80B0 F0E9215D230B
48D4EA22 7AA6 43C2 A04C E42B64B564E0
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Ime, if those are trichomes formed on the sugar leaves and looks like they are, they turn amber a little earlier than the ones on calyxes, also you have lots of clear ones too, i think you can go another week or two (newbie advice), if i remember correct this is a medical grow right, if so letting the plant go yellow would be my choice. It still has an abundance of nitrogen as i can see. Coming along nice tho. Good job :)​

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Hi..Don't panic..(beautiful plant)..
Tip#1 Breeders are always wrong..but usually they quote best time scenarios..
Tip#2 Go by general plant condition (ie: drinking slows, color seems to darken, etc), and then the pistils (dark and hardly any white),,
IMPORTANT ARE THE TRICHOME COLORS.Not those on the sugar leaves, since they ripen faster; But the trichs on the buds themselves..also you can always harvest in stages, without taking the immature lower buds.

The rest is your choice for heady to couchlock effects..
Harvest cannabis diagram
Harvest 1
Harvest2

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

PS..I always miss on the late side, so I keep a flushing agent (FloraKleen, because it is cheaper to use). You can get a decent flush using it in a week if need be.

MissBotany

MissBotany

Ime, if those are trichomes formed on the sugar leaves and looks like they are, they turn amber a little earlier than the ones on calyxes, also you have lots of clear ones too, i think you can go another week or two (newbie advice), if i remember correct this is a medical grow right, if so letting the plant go yellow would be my choice. It still has an abundance of nitrogen as i can see. Coming along nice tho. Good job :)​

Thanks! Yes, medical. I kind of pushed the nutrients this last feed because I was testing out my new ppm meter and saw I had room to squeeze more (that was a mistake)!

These are trichomes on sugar leaves. I can’t seem to get a good picture of trichomes on the calyxes but there are definitely a lot less amber on calyxes. I started to panic for a moment there when I saw all that amber and didn’t have sufficient time to flush.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Thanks! Yes, medical. I kind of pushed the nutrients this last feed because I was testing out my new ppm meter and saw I had room to squeeze more (that was a mistake)!

These are trichomes on sugar leaves. I can’t seem to get a good picture of trichomes on the calyxes but there are definitely a lot less amber on calyxes. I started to panic for a moment there when I saw all that amber and didn’t have sufficient time to flush.
I always had the same problem with my smart camera phone loupe (might have to do with limited depth of field). I had much better luck using my DSLR + Cheapo magnifier lenses for $20 set) and then blowing them up with Photoshop.

Been playing with a $50 imported Dental magnifier Wifi thing..not bad once I figured out the limited software. It works on Android phones, Iphones, and Windows PC (Rare these days) If my hands were steadier, it also shoots videos..(If I get some time, I will post some shots with it since it is made for dental applications and has a better depth of field that my camera loupe.

This was taken with a Nikon DSLR and those cheap filters..then enhanced with Photoshop..
As you can see..the bud, pistils, and sugars are in good focus..(depth of field was on auto macro mode + anti-shake mode on)
IMG 1052

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
I always had the same problem with my smart camera phone loupe (might have to do with limited depth of field). I had much better luck using my DSLR + Cheapo magnifier lenses for $20 set) and then blowing them up with Photoshop.

Been playing with a $50 imported Dental magnifier Wifi thing..not bad once I figured out the limited software. It works on Android phones, Iphones, and Windows PC (Rare these days) If my hands were steadier, it also shoots videos..(If I get some time, I will post some shots with it since it is made for dental applications and has a better depth of field that my camera loupe.

This was taken with a Nikon DSLR and those cheap filters..then enhanced with Photoshop..
As you can see..the bud, pistils, and sugars are in good focus..(depth of field was on auto macro mode + anti-shake mode on)
View attachment 800729

Not a bad frost at all :smoking: pic is nice too:D

MissBotany

MissBotany

I need to get a new gadget for viewing trichomes. This jewelers loupe sucks. When viewing with the 60x I can barely keep my hand still enough without it moving out of focus. The 90x makes me want to pull my hair out :badboy:

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I need to get a new gadget for viewing trichomes. This jewelers loupe sucks. When viewing with the 60x I can barely keep my hand still enough without it moving out of focus. The 90x makes me want to pull my hair out :badboy:
Not supposed to post links, but google this from Ebay (mine was from Cali but a few $$ more)
Works with my Iphone 5s and WIN10 MACHINE (WIN10 MADE IT A royal pia)

Wireless Oral Dental Wifi Intraoral Camera Endoscope Borescope 6pcs Led Light

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter

You have to be a surgeon to get clear view with those loupes i had one too :D

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

You have to be a surgeon to get clear view with those loupes i had one too :D
Ha..I had mine attached to a stable tripod and it still sucked. Funny, that intraoral camera does 105x up to 1280 res and hardly shows shake at all..Gonna love that thing..If I get good enough (Highly doubtful..LOL)..gonna make a few videos too..

Ignignokt

Ignignokt

I've used a USB microscope attached to a microphone stand ( gets it into the tent and close to the subject ). I use the photos as a screen-saver on my TV. Those pop up every now and again and prompt me back to the workshop to see if I can improve on past work. It certainly worked this year, I'm back at it with some landrace sativas. Grew a Mozambique Poison last year that kicks ass more than anything I've sampled in recent years. So two of that and adding a couple Bhutanese Thimphu to keep it interesting.

Top Bottom