Help Calmag Issues?

• Thread starter DocYama
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DocYama

DocYama

Im a new grower and I think I have a magnesium issue. I am growing in Coco coir and have been using H&G nutes. I just flushed the plants with plain 5.8ph once issue appeared "hope i did the right thing" and plan on giving them nutes again next watering. Should I use extra CalMag with next feeding?

Help calmag issues
Help calmag issues 2
Help calmag issues 3
DocYama

DocYama

Im a new grower and I think I have a magnesium issue. I am growing in Coco coir and have been using H&G nutes. I just flushed the plants with plain 5.8ph once issue appeared "hope i did the right thing" and plan on giving them nutes again next watering. Should I use extra CalMag with next feeding?

Could this also be a light issue?

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
What’s your soil mix? Straight coco and Perlite or something else with it?

DocYama

DocYama

Ok I will try to up them so worried about burning them I probably killing them with caution. i went ahead and gave them a full feeding with extra calmag will up the feeding next water. Also the buddy I have waters with ph'd well water in am and nutes at nite is this normal and a safe way to feed?

Last edited:
Enforcer

Enforcer

(I’m beginning to sound like a broken record.)

Ok here goes, coco needs to be watered with a low ppm nutrient solution at least daily. Coco is inert and your plants will suffer quickly if you only give water. It sounds like what is happening is you water with nutes, then the next with plain water, which washed out the nutes. You can water multiple times a day if you like, and if your environment is ideal you’ll get faster growth doing that. But you must feed with every watering. A nute solution of about 500 ppm is a good place to start. Also, don’t let the coco dry out. Then you’ll have the opposite problem, overfeeding due to the buildup of salt in the medium.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
It’s why soil is usually better for the first grow as it’s forgivibg.
But enforcer and. madbud outlines what the basics should be. Follow that and mate you will be ok

And good setup bro, clones look healthy and happy. Those should root well in solo cups, let them slightly root bound then repot to next size and only go to final size after veg cycle and right before flip to flower. Least in soil, in coco it’s a tad more involved but once you get a picture as to what works I think you will be ok.
And yes ph every watering and ph after mixing the nutes before feeding and get a tds meter

DocYama

DocYama

It’s why soil is usually better for the first grow as it’s forgivibg.
But enforcer and. madbud outlines what the basics should be. Follow that and mate you will be ok

And good setup bro, clones look healthy and happy. Those should root well in solo cups, let them slightly root bound then repot to next size and only go to final size after veg cycle and right before flip to flower. Least in soil, in coco it’s a tad more involved but once you get a picture as to what works I think you will be ok.
And yes ph every watering and ph after mixing the nutes before feeding and get a tds meter

Yep forsure, I use a Bluelabs combo meter with a Bluelabs leap probe to test both the coco at the roots and for the nutes. I might also add that the standard ph probe that came with it was great but once I got the Leap I love it. I hope this works Out and will keep You posted on progress the last pics. I posted were 3-4 days ago so I will post a new one of garden in A.M to show current layout.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Yep forsure, I use a Bluelabs combo meter with a Bluelabs leap probe to test both the coco at the roots and for the nutes. I might also add that the standard ph probe that came with it was great but once I got the Leap I love it. I hope this works Out and will keep You posted on progress the last pics. I posted were 3-4 days ago so I will post a new one of garden in A.M to show current layout.
Nic bro! Hey take it as a learning curve that you maybe able to smoke!!!

DocYama

DocYama

Can you lower the lights?
I did and then put them back up once this started I figured it was a Calmag issue and the lights were to close so I wnted to back them off, from what I have put together CalMag helps the plant in photosynthesis so I figure to slow the reaction down back of the lights a bit till I could get them a bit healthier. At least that is where my brain lead me to.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Yea recovery takes a bit usually 2 weeks but hey it’s lookkng like a it’s off to a good start

Top Bottom