Help Cree Vs Quantum

• Thread starter Shadrock5
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shadrock5

Hi i have 7 sq ft of area usualy 4-5 plants i want to upgrade lights im looking at
4x clu048 1212 kingbright
4x cree cxb 3590 kingbright
2x 288 quantum board v2
All 3500k
Any opinions are welcome as to size of my grow and what light would work better

MissBotany

MissBotany

I have one hlg 65 quantum board 4000k for a 4sq ft veg tent. You won’t be disappointed if you go that route. I’m upgrading my flower tent to quantum boards soon because I love how efficient they are.

S

Shadrock5

They seem so small - are you familiar with the photon sun boards just curious. And have you ever flowered with the 490 k

MissBotany

MissBotany

They seem so small - are you familiar with the photon sun boards just curious. And have you ever flowered with the 490 k

No, sorry! I’m pretty new here and am only on my second grow. There are people on here a lot more knowledgeable on LEDs than me. I’m sure they’ll give you some advice soon.

MissBotany

MissBotany

When I was researching quantum boards for myself, I read it is possible to flower with 4000k but it will take longer to initiate flower...or something about it taking longer to flower. However, I do not have first hand experience flowering with 4000k. I would go with 3500k if you want to use for veg and flower.

Edit: they are small boards but powerful. One board covers 4sq ft (2’x2’) for veg and 2sq ft (2’x1’) for flower. I think what you’re looking at, the qb288, is two boards.

Last edited:
Top Bottom