HELP! I had to trim early...

• Thread starter growgrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

growgrow

hey guys...
I harvested last thurs and had to move my trimming party up to yesterday(sunday) and now about half of it is all trimmed and paper bagged.. and the other half was just cut off the branches and paper bagged as well (only had fan leaves on). I was curious as to what your guys thoughts were about this process. (i normally cure like the Texas Kid) but this time i had to cut early due to family obligations this week. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

I harvested 27 plants to give you a reference ( i have around 30 paperbags just covering the bottom part of the bag)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I have no idea how TK does things. What are you asking? If it's ok to break the girls down and bag them? If that's the question, my answer is yes, unequivocally yes.

G

growgrow

Sorry for not making it clear about the condition of the buds... theyre basically soaking wet adn gooey... i usually hang dry until stems almost snap... but theyre soaking wet at the bottom of the bags....

A

amstercal

So take them out and put them on screens. They shouldn't be bagged when they're wet, you'll get mold. Is that what you're asking?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I would hang those stems til they're dry, or you will definitely get moldy buds. If they're still on branches, just straddle the branches over something thin, like a bamboo stake, then hang that somewhere. (NOT a fan of flats.)

A

amstercal

For sure hanging would be better. I ASSumed the stems were already gone.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hehheh... wanna know how I dried my whole first crop? Trimmed everything wet, which took HOURS, and then I took an upholstery needle and upholstery thread and strung up the buds, like popcorn, to finish hanging dry. Talk about tedious! But, no flats.

I can't tell if the stems are gone or not, now that I'm rereading what he posted.

R

Rubijon

Hehheh... wanna know how I dried my whole first crop? Trimmed everything wet, which took HOURS, and then I took an upholstery needle and upholstery thread and strung up the buds, like popcorn, to finish hanging dry. Talk about tedious! But, no flats.

I can't tell if the stems are gone or not, now that I'm rereading what he posted.

Is that the best way to do things? Trim everthing when it still wet?

A

amstercal

Different schools of thought on "best" way, but hanging as stalks and then trimming when dry is probably easiest and the preferred method of many a grower. Trimming while fresh and either hanging on the stalk or on screens would be another route. Trimming while wet but not still super fresh sucks and usually squishes your weed more than necessary.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Trimming limp weed is why I switched to drying completely, whole plant, and beginning the cure while the plant is whole. If you can trim quickly then you might want to trim it wet, lots of people prefer that method. But apparently I am a serious slowpoke when it comes to trimming, because I have never even come close to the 3-4lbs/4hrs DRY WEIGHT I've seen some people claim here, not even close. Maybe if I were faster I wouldn't be trimming limp weed, but... damn.

R

Randyb

I strip the plant of as many leaves as possible while it's still alive in the pot. Then I select each branch and cut it so I have a hook at the thick end part.
I do an initial wet trim, not too close then hang on fishing line I have secured across a sweater drying rack i bought at CVS for 20 bucks. It has a blower that gently blows the hanging buds with ambient air.

4-7 days max it's ready for the jars, I do the final trim which go's really fast as most was done round 1. The remainder seems to tighten up on the buds when hanging.

Having some decent music, family and friends and sharp trimmers is also helpful.

This is the one I have. 20 bucks @ CVS drug store.
http://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beac...E8OE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1301845141&sr=8-2

G

growgrow

hey guys... thanks for all your input... i ended up just finishing the drying in the bags and jarred for 3 weeks. It didnt turn out the way it usually does but you definately need to crack the buds open to see what they smell like. But its water under the bridge now (it all went out the door) for less than expected but i gues i can chaulk it up to another learning experience which never ends with what we all do. to ensure this never happens again i bought the Trimpro ROTOR, ive read tons of reviews and im super excited about it. it will be here in 3 DAYS!!! I will start a thread on how it works out wen i get it..... again Thanks..

GROW

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

I throw my buds in a paper bag 4 a day, throw it on a table 4 a day, throw in mason jar, burp a few times a day 4 a week, throw in a plastic bag, if it is still a little moist leave plastic bag open shake it up 4 a day or 2 and you shoud be good. SNOLEPERD

Top Bottom