Help, Is This Nute Lock Out Or What Are Your Thoughts?

• Thread starter Quinton11
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Q

Quinton11

Hey guys, so I'm gonna jump straight to the point this time, if got 10 plants about 2 week or so old, the humidity was around 20% for most of their life, just recently got 3 humidifiers to boost the number up to 70% but I have a few deformed leaves and a few discoloured leaves, I'll be posting photos attached, let me know if there is any other info

1000w air cooled, about 16" away,
Was 78f with 20rh but now 75f with 65rh
In soil with a mix of 4/10 ocean forest, 1/10 pearlit, 1.5/10 worm casting, 1.5/10 coco, 2/10 happy frog

Nothing else I can think of adding, if been watering with 0ppm at 6.3-6.1 a little low I think though right?

Thanks for your input guys!

Help is this nute lock out or what are your thoughts
Help is this nute lock out or what are your thoughts 2
Help is this nute lock out or what are your thoughts 3
Help is this nute lock out or what are your thoughts 4
Help is this nute lock out or what are your thoughts 5
Help is this nute lock out or what are your thoughts 6
Help is this nute lock out or what are your thoughts 7
Help is this nute lock out or what are your thoughts 8
Dan789

Dan789

In my opinion, the lights too bright and too close for new plants, these seem like seedlings. If you’ve got an adjustable ballasts back it down, or move the light up. My seedlings only share a fluorescent light fixture at about 16”, and that’s only putting out a fraction of the light your 1000 watt’r is doing, better yet get a small fluorescent fixture for use during this stage, you’ll save on electricity and your plants won’t get cooked.imho

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I agree with Dan but I'd also check for bugs. Some of those leaf deformities look suspect. Don't just do a visual inspection though, check with strong magnification 60x or better.

Indoornewbe

Indoornewbe

Hey guys, so I'm gonna jump straight to the point this time, if got 10 plants about 2 week or so old, the humidity was around 20% for most of their life, just recently got 3 humidifiers to boost the number up to 70% but I have a few deformed leaves and a few discoloured leaves, I'll be posting photos attached, let me know if there is any other info

1000w air cooled, about 16" away,
Was 78f with 20rh but now 75f with 65rh
In soil with a mix of 4/10 ocean forest, 1/10 pearlit, 1.5/10 worm casting, 1.5/10 coco, 2/10 happy frog

Nothing else I can think of adding, if been watering with 0ppm at 6.3-6.1 a little low I think though right?

Thanks for your input guys!
There beans so they are not deficent. Did you check your run off PH ? Whats that at ?
Are thise pots heavy ? They look over watered with the light greens and alittle yellow here and there and a couple twistys. Imo just over watered. And if ya can try amd keep the ph at 6.2 insted of a 6.1 here and a 6.3 there.

Q

Quinton11

In my opinion, the lights too bright and too close for new plants, these seem like seedlings. If you’ve got an adjustable ballasts back it down, or move the light up. My seedlings only share a fluorescent light fixture at about 16”, and that’s only putting out a fraction of the light your 1000 watt’r is doing, better yet get a small fluorescent fixture for use during this stage, you’ll save on electricity and your plants won’t get cooked.imho

Alright thanks man! I'll definitely try putting it higher up or lowering the wat to 750, any thoughts on when I could saftly up it back to 1000?

Q

Quinton11

I agree with Dan but I'd also check for bugs. Some of those leaf deformities look suspect. Don't just do a visual inspection though, check with strong magnification 60x or better.
Okay thanks bro! Any bugs you would say I should looks for specificly under the 60x?

Q

Quinton11

There beans so they are not deficent. Did you check your run off PH ? Whats that at ?
Are thise pots heavy ? They look over watered with the light greens and alittle yellow here and there and a couple twistys. Imo just over watered. And if ya can try amd keep the ph at 6.2 insted of a 6.1 here and a 6.3 there.
Ya they are from been, and no I haven't checked any runoff yet,I thought that was mainly for hydro grows. And they are kinda heavy, but it being my second time it could be to much water, and I'll try for that consistent ph! My meter is garbage, any suggestions on a good quality but not 200$ haha

Q

Quinton11

Thats just too much light. 1000w for seedlings at 16”. Man you cal dial it 100 :) t5s are great for the little ones.
Thanks man!I have a 8 bank of t5s but I thought under the 1000 it will get better growth, you don't think so? You would switch to t5 over a raised 1000 or lowered ballast?

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
T5 are great, use them, they’re very gentle on your plants and they love em :) don’t even need 8. 4 is much more than whats needed at this point.
You can go with any route, dim it, pull it higher or go with t5s. But all in all the light intensity is too much.

Q

Quinton11

T5 are great, use them, they’re very gentle on your plants and they love em :) don’t even need 8. 4 is much more than whats needed at this point.
You can go with any route, dim it, pull it higher or go with t5s. But all in all the light intensity is too much.
Thanks m8! Your definitely one of the more knowledgeable guys on here, that being said, what PAR range are you shooting for with your 1000s and your t5s? That 1000 being so close is getting around 2k par at canopy height, so I'll raise it up to 1300 par and see how she goes

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Thanks m8! Your definitely one of the more knowledgeable guys on here, that being said, what PAR range are you shooting for with your 1000s and your t5s? That 1000 being so close is getting around 2k par at canopy height, so I'll raise it up to 1300 par and see how she goes

I use leds not hid and don’t own a quantum meter so not sure on ppfds. I keep 500w of led at 24 inches usually and let them grow into it. 1300 is still high, anything over 600 ppfd you have to provide co2 for the plant to benefit (and this is for flowering plants). 2000 is bleach town. 32”+ inches would be better imo.

Dan789

Dan789

@Quinton11 get something like this, put it over your plants till they’re a foot-18” tall, pot included, or veg them a while, then hit them with the 1000 watt bomb when you flip. I am running cobs now and LEDs before that, so no real experience with any 1000 watt any type fixture. That big light will never get you to any harvest from scratch, just sayin. If you run it it like youmseem bent on doing, it will be a learning experience and your next attempt, you’ll use another method like something suggested. PS, unplug a couple tubes (to start) when/if you go this route.
https://www.amazon.com/DoubleLux-DL8048-Flourescent-System-included/dp/B019IMM7VK

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Okay thanks bro! Any bugs you would say I should looks for specificly under the 60x?

Under 60x or stronger. If if not just the lights then you could have Russet or Broad mites. Very small.

The plant in the 5th picture down is the one that caught my attention.

Last edited:
ethcan

ethcan

Under 60x or stronger. If if not just the lights then you could have Russet or Broad mites. Very small.

The plant in the 5th picture down is the one that caught my attention.

The photos definitely don't show russet or broad mite damage.

I feel as though russets and broads get over diagnosed. They are reasonably rare, especially in areas without prevalent growers and cut sharing.

To those who have had russets or broads, the symptoms are extremely obvious, and it is really easy to differentiate russet/broad damage from causes which mimic russet/broad damage.

Curious, are you spraying with anything? Your room parameters are near perfect for your stage of growth, which is good.

I would like to say your lighting is a bit intense for the stage you are at. IMO reduce the light until they are teens. Honestly even T5HO's would be good for the stage you are at. Keep in mind, these are YOUNG seedlings. They are quite delicate and really not anywhere near using the photon output of a 1000w HPS.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
200-450 par at this stage and at veg about 700, flower about 890-1100par value
T5 until 3 sets of leaves /stems then you can bring that 1000watter in, 22-23” above canopy

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I feel as though russets and broads get over diagnosed. They are reasonably rare, especially in areas without prevalent growers and cut sharing.

To those who have had russets or broads, the symptoms are extremely obvious, and it is really easy to differentiate russet/broad damage from causes which mimic russet/broad damage.

Curious, are you spraying with anything? Your room parameters are near perfect for your stage of growth, which is good.

I would like to say your lighting is a bit intense for the stage you are at. IMO reduce the light until they are teens. Honestly even T5HO's would be good for the stage you are at. Keep in mind, these are YOUNG seedlings. They are quite delicate and really not anywhere near using the photon output of a 1000w HPS.

You don't know what you're talking about. I just fought off broad mites this last summer. I know exactly what the damage looks like.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

This is russet mite damage
Hemp russet mites on marijuana leaf 1

This is broad mite damage (my plants), upturned saw teeth happened as well.
20180830 064028

ethcan

ethcan

This is russet mite damage
View attachment 847706
This is broad mite damage (my plants), upturned saw teeth happened as well.
View attachment 847708

Please cite exactly what I wrote which makes you claim that I don't know what I'm talking about.

Here's a post I made in another thread where I dropped a ton of info on russet mites, and a bit on broads and cyclamens.

Let me know if there's anything you disagree with and why.

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community...me-diagnose-please.101498/page-4#post-2213116

Top Bottom