Help Is This Ph Imbalance?

• Thread starter stainless
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

stainless

So this year's grow was starting of much better than last year's. Using fox farm 1/2 ocean forest and 1/2 light warrior. Got a sample kit from nectar for the gods I've used twice. Last week my plants were getting root bound and I was waiting for soil to come in to repot. I gave them the nectar for the gods and some oregonism from aurora innovations. A humic acid and microbe additive. Haven't done anything else since then. My plants are looking really really bad today. Yellow leaves and a few branches had dried up and died.

My thoughts. The roots got to hot before i transplanted and were damaged, the transplanting made things worse. Things just need time to repair?

My ph meter might have needed to be calibrated before i started using it. Still haven't calibrated it since I figured it came that way. Nectar for the gods requires a ph tester/meter but I've been adding about exactly the amount of the ph adjuster it comes with. Testing it with the ph confirms. Maybe my ph is messed up?

Somehow have terrible nitrogen deficiency even with nutrients? I haven't watered again since repotting so maybe the nutrients aren't in the roots from the new soil?
Maybe there was way too much humic acid in the oregonism?

Idk it's looking like heat/root problems or ph or ni
Help is this ph imbalance
Help is this ph imbalance 2
Help is this ph imbalance 3
Help is this ph imbalance 4
trogen to me. Nothing else makes sense. No mites. Please help I don't want them to die! 2 weeks ago they looked perfect.
Help is this ph imbalance

S

stainless

Maybe it's overwatering? Since i repotted them I haven't watered but the soil was wet since I did. I almost flushed or tested the run off but wanted the soil to dry first. One is a cinex, blackberry kush, lemon og kush, and the other said lemon but I'm guessing it's a different cut of lemon og kush. I'm guessing this is the same problem I had last year. Yellowing leaves and growth stops. I have a big vegetable garden that I use the same water for and everything is doing really well.

S

stainless

How hot did the roots get?

I live in northern Oregon like 25. Miles from skiing on mt hood. They are in black pots in the sun all day. It doesn't get as got here as the rest of the state does. I don't have an actual temperature to give. Last year somebody told me I should have repotted sooner as I probably stressed the roots out.

Madbud

Madbud

Underwatered, they’ll take a gallon or two per day depending on your drainage.

S

stainless

Underwatered, they’ll take a gallon or two per day depending on your drainage.

Okay you think underwatered? My soil was still damp an inch down today. I tested my ph several times today. Around 7.5, so it's a bit high. I added more nectar for the gods and balanced it out around 6.2. The product says 6.1-6.4 but i figured I would do it on the low side of my ph is on the high. Everyone I know locally has been saying it's bugs. Haven't seen much of any even when i repotted. I've had spider mites before so I know what they look like and how small they are.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Nutrient deficiency, they need a boost fast. Get some chaching from a grow store. The weather here in north oregun has been realy unseasonaly dry. I’m on the other side of the valley from you, forest grove area.
CD401E51 D4FE 4907 BBA2 9C73D0995628

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I would water them til they squirt, outdoor soil in black pots, direct sun, they’re hot and dry. PH in soil is usually not a problem.
Ya, wrap cardboard around those pots.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Looks like pH driven nute lock to me. I'd get a pH soil meter from Home Depot (cosy ya like 15 bucks) and some Lilly Soil Sweet. I'll bet the soil is too acid. I just had this happen to one of my girls.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Looks like pH driven nute lock to me. I'd get a pH soil meter from Home Depot (cosy ya like 15 bucks) and some Lilly Soil Sweet. I'll bet the soil is too acid. I just had this happen to one of my girls.
I sent my soil on my property to be tested I was pretty surprised about the results. Then got expert results from mr. fish in Colorado on improving it for my garden.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

My ph meter might have needed to be calibrated before i started using it. Still haven't calibrated it since I figured it came that way. Nectar for the gods requires a ph tester/meter but I've been adding about exactly the amount of the ph adjuster it comes with. Testing it with the ph confirms. Maybe my ph is messed up?

Somehow have terrible nitrogen deficiency even with nutrients? I haven't watered again since repotting so maybe the nutrients aren't in the roots from the new soil?
Maybe there was way too much humic acid in the oregonism?
This sounds like classic nutrient lockout. As I said above, I'll bet your soil is on the acid side. Many garden vegetables, tomatoes especially can still thrive, but pot needs the soil pH to be above 6. Humic acid shouldn't hurt; it's purpose is to make nutes available. But the big question is, what is the soil's pH? A cheap pH meter or soil test kit, both available at most garden stores, should tell you the answer. A couple of treatments of Soil Sweet well watered in would help you if that is the case. But get thee to a Home Depot and get something like this: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Luster-...ncepts-Dual-Probe-Soil-pH-Meter-PH7/206204246

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
This sounds like classic nutrient lockout. As I said above, I'll bet your soil is on the acid side. Many garden vegetables, tomatoes especially can still thrive, but pot needs the soil pH to be above 6. Humic acid shouldn't hurt; it's purpose is to make nutes available. But the big question is, what is the soil's pH? A cheap pH meter or soil test kit, both available at most garden stores, should tell you the answer. A couple of treatments of Soil Sweet well watered in would help you if that is the case. But get thee to a Home Depot and get something like this: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Luster-...ncepts-Dual-Probe-Soil-pH-Meter-PH7/206204246
That’s cool, I’m gona get one.

S

stainless

I think I might still have a few ph soil testing capsules that I bought last year. The only issue I see with trying to test the soil is I repotted a week ago or 6 days ago so the soil that I would be testing is new. And probably won't read whatever the old soil is. I've been using 2 types of fox farm and my water is 7.5 ph roughly. I've added the nectar of the gods just a couple times and balanced it out to 6.2-6.4

It certainly could be too acidic but I'm wondering if it's not too high with my tapwater being 7.5ish. Can I test my run off with a liquid ph meter or will that not be the same as the soil test?

Thanks for all the replies today guys I was at work and couldn't respond till now.

S

stainless

I found 7 of the rapidtest soil ph test capsules. I used 6 of them in different spots in my plants pots. The water i used was around 7.4ish ph with my ph meter. The bottle says 7. Each of the 6 tests were at 6ph maybe alittle higher but nothing lower than 6. Green is 7 light green is 6 yellow is 5.5. Nothing looked yellow at all. I know this isn't the most precise way to test but I did different plants in different depths and locations.

Is 6 too low making this my problem? I have olympus up ph In the nectar for the gods kit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom