Help Me Design My Greenhouse

• Thread starter avlnative
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

avlnative

I'm a new farmer just joining and have more then enough space to start out and don't have much knowledge on this so I need lots of help. I will be growing only hemp since my state has not made cannabis legal yet.

In all I have a 100x50 greenhouse that I will be splitting in half to make 50x50 usable starting out. Looking for the most cost effective way to go about this. This will be a operation run year round.

Grow space will be 50x50x14.
What is the best medium?
Pots on the ground or up on pallets
Pots can range anywhere from 5 gal to 100 gal.
What type of lights or build my own

Below are my ideas....

LED lights for veg and HPS for bloom

Lights on automatic runners to cut down on individual lights that will need to be purchased?

Each pot 3ft apart?

Clones and mothers in a separate space.

Feel free to give me your full idea still being cost effective if you was me. Any and all recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

K

kansabis

I'm a new farmer just joining and have more then enough space to start out and don't have much knowledge on this so I need lots of help. I will be growing only hemp since my state has not made cannabis legal yet.

In all I have a 100x50 greenhouse that I will be splitting in half to make 50x50 usable starting out. Looking for the most cost effective way to go about this. This will be a operation run year round.

Grow space will be 50x50x14.
What is the best medium?
Pots on the ground or up on pallets
Pots can range anywhere from 5 gal to 100 gal.
What type of lights or build my own

Below are my ideas....

LED lights for veg and HPS for bloom

Lights on automatic runners to cut down on individual lights that will need to be purchased?

Each pot 3ft apart?

Clones and mothers in a separate space.

Feel free to give me your full idea still being cost effective if you was me. Any and all recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
So is this an outdoor greenhouse?? Or is it a warehouse??? If it's outdoor greenhouse I wouldn't worry bout pots,I would go in ground and spacing etc depends on how big and tall this hemp gets,although I'm sure it's similar,I don't know that many people on here are familiar with the best practices and methods of greenhouse hemp farming,from what I know of growing hemp it typically done straight outdoor like most other cash crops(corn,soy,wheat,etc.)

A

avlnative

So is this an outdoor greenhouse?? Or is it a warehouse??? If it's outdoor greenhouse I wouldn't worry bout pots,I would go in ground and spacing etc depends on how big and tall this hemp gets,although I'm sure it's similar,I don't know that many people on here are familiar with the best practices and methods of greenhouse hemp farming,from what I know of growing hemp it typically done straight outdoor like most other cash crops(corn,soy,wheat,etc.)

Yes it will be grown indoors in a greenhouse. The hemp and cannabis plant are pretty much the same besides THC correct?

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Hemp has all the characteristics of thc cannabis, but behaves in a manner similar to growing corn.
Tall, pine like structure, high nitrogen feeding.
If it’s a greenhouse, I don’t think any lights are needed? I may be wrong? If it’s persay a true greenhouse say clear top and sides, then I would let nature take its course.
As far as growing medium, depending on soil conditions, fertility, possible past pesticide intrusion, growing in pots may be optimal. But again those conditions may change this thought pattern.
If good well draining soil, I’d go into dirt direct, grow them tight, 3-4” apart, they don’t bush out, tall pine like growth.
Pls inform us as to the soil and structure in question.
I’ve grown hemp before and I can give some feedback.
Cheers and happy growing

A

avlnative

Hemp has all the characteristics of thc cannabis, but behaves in a manner similar to growing corn.
Tall, pine like structure, high nitrogen feeding.
If it’s a greenhouse, I don’t think any lights are needed? I may be wrong? If it’s persay a true greenhouse say clear top and sides, then I would let nature take its course.
As far as growing medium, depending on soil conditions, fertility, possible past pesticide intrusion, growing in pots may be optimal. But again those conditions may change this thought pattern.
If good well draining soil, I’d go into dirt direct, grow them tight, 3-4” apart, they don’t bush out, tall pine like growth.
Pls inform us as to the soil and structure in question.
I’ve grown hemp before and I can give some feedback.
Cheers and happy growing

Any and all advice that you could give me on growing it would be great. Such as lights (lights since during the winter I will lose day light), medium (pots with sizes for the biggest yield etc). What is all the best ways you have found to grow hemp with exceptionally great turnouts?

Top Bottom