Help My Grow

• Thread starter WatWouldMJDo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

WatWouldMJDo

Hi all. Basically this is my set up. I have a 36”x36”x84” room. I currently own a 400w hps and a blackstar 135w LED (not great but was left behind by old owners when I bought my house). I currently have Girl Scout Cookies and purple kush. My questions are;
- how long should I veg before flower
- IF I were to wait 8 weeks before flower how many plants would be recommended under my 400w hps
- could I flower a plant that’s about 12” around and 24” high with the 135w led with good success?

Any recommendations, tips, tricks or any general info that could help me out are more than welcome!

jguit

jguit

Supporter
4 or 5 plants would probably be a safe number. Are you starting from seeds or clones? 8 weeks with clones might be a bit too long for a space like that. Even from seed 8 weeks might be too much but either way it depends on the number of plants and if you plan on training them.

No question, I'd flower with the 400w HPS over the 135w LED.

W

WatWouldMJDo

4 or 5 plants would probably be a safe number. Are you starting from seeds or clones? 8 weeks with clones might be a bit too long for a space like that. Even from seed 8 weeks might be too much but either way it depends on the number of plants and if you plan on training them.

No question, I'd flower with the 400w HPS over the 135w LED.
Yea my only problem is That currently I am using the 400w hps for vegging but would really like to get another light so I can have room A and room B. I was looking at a mars hydro 600w led but when looking at the details I see it only gives 12,351 lumens. From what I’ve read in flowering (correct me if I’m wrong please) you should have about 10,000 lumens per plant? So I don’t understand why 600w only gives 12,000L.

I have seeds but will probably do clones until the mother looks like she’s ready to flower. The only reason I did 8 weeks veg is so I could throw one into vegging every 2 weeks and on week 8 when I throw the oldest into flowering I start a new one. Basically end up harvesting every 2 weeks on a 16 week rotation. Not sure if I’m making sense here. Basically I would like to constantly have 4 in veg and 4 flowering. All that being said, if I get a LED I would also end up getting a MH bulb instead of the hps. I would eventually like to start either LST or SCROG

jguit

jguit

Supporter
The only reason I did 8 weeks veg is so I could throw one into vegging every 2 weeks and on week 8 when I throw the oldest into flowering I start a new one. Basically end up harvesting every 2 weeks on a 16 week rotation. Not sure if I’m making sense here. Basically I would like to constantly have 4 in veg and 4 flowering. All that being said, if I get a LED I would also end up getting a MH bulb instead of the hps. I would eventually like to start either LST or SCROG

I think i understand what your saying.. If i understand you correctly, you'll run into issues with light height since some plants will be taller and some shorter (uneven canopy).

the 400w HPS is a waste in veg in your situation.. Use the lower powered LED light for veg.

Top Bottom