Help My Plant Is Starting To Turn Yellow

• Thread starter Palmettoman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Palmettoman

Palmettoman

Help my plant is starting to turn yellow
I’m new here and yes I used the search button. My plant is starting to yellow. Every picture I’ve seen doesn’t look like this. It’s a 3 week old west coast og autoflower plant. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

DGP

DGP

Been thinking about it but I am not sure. Sometimes when I start seeds in soil the soil comes out of the bag a little hot. I use Happy Frog and Nectar and they do start out a little hot.

What are your environmental conditions, soil type, ph, ppm, which nutes are you using? Anyone trying to answer is going to definitely need more data.....

Dee

Palmettoman

Palmettoman

Been thinking about it but I am not sure. Sometimes when I start seeds in soil the soil comes out of the bag a little hot. I use Happy Frog and Nectar and they do start out a little hot.

What are your environmental conditions, soil type, ph, ppm, which nutes are you using? Anyone trying to answer is going to definitely need more data.....

Dee
Fox farm ocean forest soil. Been giving straight ph water. Run off is 6.3. Humidity is steady at 65%. Temp I keep at 76. I don’t know what ppm is. And I’m using co2 at 750 right now since I’m only using two 300w mars leds lights

DGP

DGP

At this stage in my grow I was feeding at 1/4 strength with the nutes I typically use but does Fox Farms come with some level of starter nutes? Nectar and Happy Frog do and they last for a few weeks then I start feeding at 1/4 or 1/2 strength depending on the size they are. If FF soil doesn't come pre fertilized I would wonder if they are hungry.....how long since they germinated? Thing is the tips are ever so slightly black and turned downward so it is hard to decide between underfed or overfed. That's why I didn't answer right away cause I am a little perplexed.

Dee

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Soil is too hot!! N tox and tip burn is the result..
Transplanting autos is a bad idea since they have no time to recover from stress..

Palmettoman

Palmettoman

Soil is too hot!! N tox and tip burn is the result..
Transplanting autos is a bad idea since they have no time to recover from stress..
I am now aware of that but I have to now. I didn’t know that prior to putting in solo cups.

jguit

jguit

Supporter
Definitely odd.. I've used FF Ocean Forest many times and sometimes (usually) get a bit of burn and twisting on the first 2 set of leaves but never on new growth (a bit hot for seedlings). Have you grown this strain before? Do you have any other seeds of this strain growing? How close is your light?

Last edited:
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Definitely odd.. I've used FF Ocean Forest many times and sometimes (usually) get a bit of burn and twisting on the first 2 set of leaves but never on new growth (a bit hot for seedlings). Have you grown this strain before? Do you have any other seeds of this strain growing? How close is your light?
Yep..I have had some seedlings survive, and some fall over dead..HF is lighter and easier on seedlings imo..simple Jiffy soil is pricey but bland soil.

Palmettoman

Palmettoman

95A8925D 9389 430E 87DE 159A8354113E
This is the only strain of this one I have going at the time. I do have 3 other seeds of the same but wanted to save those for the next grow.lights right now are about 22-24” inches away. I haven’t grown this strain before. I took another picture this morning of it.

Palmettoman

Palmettoman

Sorry..HF= Fox Farm Happy Frog..FFHF same thing..:)
I thought about buying it. This is my first indoor grow and it’s definitely been a learning curve. With happy frog does it have enough fertilizer in it to last till flowering? I read where people that use FFOF don’t use any nutrients until flower because it’s so hot of a soil? Just trying to get your option for the next grow. I have 20 none autos I need to transplant Friday but I also read it’s best to transplant to the same medium. I appreciate your reply’s and help.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I thought about buying it. This is my first indoor grow and it’s definitely been a learning curve. With happy frog does it have enough fertilizer in it to last till flowering? I read where people that use FFOF don’t use any nutrients until flower because it’s so hot of a soil? Just trying to get your option for the next grow. I have 20 none autos I need to transplant Friday but I also read it’s best to transplant to the same medium. I appreciate your reply’s and help.
No problem..There always pros and cons..
I use 40-40-20..40% HF- 40% OF and 20% coarse Perlite for aeration (these soils get thick as shit.)
Yes, the HF is less hot and nutes will be needed in maybe 1-3 weeks until you need to use your own..However, HF contains Mycos (beneficial Bacteria) for healthy roots (symbiotic relationship between roots and the miroherd that helps roots assimilate nutrients better..

I have recently begun recycling my soils and adding my own nutes (I use Canna Terra myself)..This aids in moving an already established microherd colony to the new pots.:)

I transplant from one medium to another with no problem, but I agree..best to at least use similar soils..

Last edited:
Palmettoman

Palmettoman

No problem..There always pros and cons..
I use 40-40-20..40% HF- 40% OF and 20% coarse Perlite for aeration (these soils get thick as shit.)
Yes, the HF is less hot and nutes will be needed in maybe 1-3 weeks until you need to use your own..However, HF contains Mycos (beneficial Bacteria) for healthy roots (symbiotic relationship between roots and the miroherd that helps roots assimilate nutrients better..

I have recently begun recycling my soils and adding my own nutes (I use Canna Terra myself)..This aids in moving an already established microherd colony to the new pots.:)

I transplant from one medium to another with no problem, but I agree..best to at least similar soils..
Awesome. I try and so my own research but sometimes you just can’t find the right answer. Thank you for the knowledge.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Awesome. I try and so my own research but sometimes you just can’t find the right answer. Thank you for the knowledge.
You're quite welcome..The only way we all learn is by asking and experimenting for ourselves..The more we know, the more we grow!

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

BTW; just about no soil will have any nutes left after vegging an actively growing plant for over 4 weeks..(I veg for at least 6 weeks..usually 7-8 weeks or until I see alternating nodes (sexual maturity).
Alternating nodes

Top Bottom