(help Needed) 2 Rooted Clones Drooping And Yellow

• Thread starter Itsmcgoo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Itsmcgoo

Itsmcgoo

hello, I’m a California resident and recently purchased 4 fully rooted clones from my local dispensary. I transferred them and now 2 of the 4 look like they are dying. Pictures of the setup and the 2 dying plants are attached.

4 days ago I put all 4 clones into two 5-gallon fabric pots because I assume these have great drainage and help the plant breathe. Potted in black gold organic soil. I watered them very well until I thought the full 5 gallon pot was damp.

They are under a 1000w full spectrum LED light and also 450 watt 4800 lumen COB LED bulb. Lots of light power, I think. I had them on a 24 hours ON light cycle (no darkness). I thought that would be best for them to get enough light.

I had the plants 1.5 feet away from the lights (kinda close?). 2 of the plants are totally fine and the other 2 are very drooping and the new growth is growing yellow. The healthy 2 are thriving and have a lot of new growth....

But not these other 2. I don’t know if I’m over watering, under watering, is the light too close? Too much light power? Not enough light power? Do they need nutrients? Is that full spectrum light not good for the plant? I have the 2 dying plants fully underneath the 1000w LED.

I need help.

Here is the LED lights I bought from amazon: LED Grow Light, 1000W Full Spectrum Plant Light for Indoor Plants Veg and Flower
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071ZPTXPL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_4xCLBbMR8SN4Q

Help needed 2 rooted clones drooping and yellow
Help needed 2 rooted clones drooping and yellow 2
Help needed 2 rooted clones drooping and yellow 3
Help needed 2 rooted clones drooping and yellow 4
Help needed 2 rooted clones drooping and yellow 5
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Too much light for plants that haven't developed its root system yet.
So
Cut them back, all you n wed for the f first 3 weeks post transplant is s a fluorescent tube, 6500k spectrum t5
Daylight.
Also did you use any mykos type innocuoulant?
They are what’s know as transplant shock.
I’m in Cali as well. Monterrey area if u close by I can help. Hit me up

Itsmcgoo

Itsmcgoo

So
Cut them back, all you n wed for the f first 3 weeks post transplant is s a fluorescent tube, 6500k spectrum t5
Daylight.

So these will fully recover if I turn off the large heavy light?

If so, that’s great.

I’m in LA but I appreciate the offer.

I am also concerned about over watering them. The soil gets dry every day so I keep watering them to keep the soil damp.

I’m thinking turn off the big light and also stop watering every day?

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Next time start in smaller pots. What’s likely happening is the bottom roots are not drying out sufficiently between waterings.

If you start in smaller pots and uppot them as they grow the roots will fill out the containers and use the moisture much more efficiently.

You won’t have to water them but every couple of days. Once they get root bound or close to it you can uppot them into a larger container and repeat the process.

Itsmcgoo

Itsmcgoo

Next time start in smaller pots. What’s likely happening is the bottom roots are not drying out sufficiently between waterings.

If you start in smaller pots and uppot them as they grow the roots will fill out the containers and use the moisture much more efficiently.

You won’t have to water them but every couple of days. Once they get root bound or close to it you can uppot them into a larger container and repeat the process.

Should I change them into smaller pots now or just leave them as is and do that next time?

Do you also think they are getting too much light power as well?

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Leave them be but 5 gallon pots shouldn’t dry in a day. Are you picking them up and checking the weight of the pots. Watering when the top soil dries is not very accurate imo, if you have the strength, pick them up and see if they feel light and when the soil dries they should feel very light.
If they are gettin dry in a day you must have crazy heat or something.
When transplanting little plants into big pots what i do is start watering with a little circle around the plant, just as far as its leaves shadow reach and continue watering with bigger circles as the shadow gets wider.
Imho you don’t need fluorescents, at least i don’t use them, at this stage 1 14w philips led bulb per plant could do the work easily, i keep my clones under that and they love it but you don’t have to buy anything new, just get those lights higher and turn off some.
When transplanting and after the transplanting dark period is a good thing imo to prevent transplant shock, because the plant needs time to spread its roots to uptake the water and nutrients and most vigorous root growth happens in darkness.

Last edited:
Itsmcgoo

Itsmcgoo

So
Daylight.

Should I get this mykos that you brought up? I didn’t think I needed root enhancer because they are already fully rooted (a big ball of roots) when I planted them.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Leave em like crimson said. They are ok for now you’re just gonna have to let them dry out more so the roots will search for more moisture and grow. Lots of people grow in large pots it’s just a little more tricky. I like to uppot as they grow so their feet don’t stay wet.

Itsmcgoo

Itsmcgoo

Leave em like crimson said. They are ok for now you’re just gonna have to let them dry out more so the roots will search for more moisture and grow. Lots of people grow in large pots it’s just a little more tricky. I like to uppot as they grow so their feet don’t stay wet.
Great advice guys thanks. They are already looking much better.

I have them all on a 24 hours of light currently. If I switch them all to 18 on 6 off will it screw with them more?

I want to switch them but I don’t want to confuse them or shock them more.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
I think you got ya best advices from everyone here!!
For future refernace follow what they said and you will be ok.
I personally use Home Depot 19w veg led they sell for my clones.
At the grow we have florescent fixtures and a side by side the clones there do better but mine grow nevertheless.
As far as transplant shock, I think you are ok for now, just for future get some mykos, they recover better and grow a healthier root systems.
As far as pot size, yea you should go small tonroot bound to up bucket.
But watering outside of root zone forces the roots to grow out. So very sound advices.

Itsmcgoo

Itsmcgoo

I think you got ya best advices from everyone here!!
For future refernace follow what they said and you will be ok.
I personally use Home Depot 19w veg led they sell for my clones.
At the grow we have florescent fixtures and a side by side the clones there do better but mine grow nevertheless.
As far as transplant shock, I think you are ok for now, just for future get some mykos, they recover better and grow a healthier root systems.
As far as pot size, yea you should go small tonroot bound to up bucket.
But watering outside of root zone forces the roots to grow out. So very sound advices.

What sort of organic nutrients can I give the plant from Home Depot? I have read so much online and just want to do something simple so they don’t die later. I won’t use nutes yet but I wanna plan for it.

Also, how many days until I can put them back under he big light?

S

Shawnery

For people that can't lift heavy things or aren't good at judging I wonder if placing the pot on a cheap scale would help?

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
What sort of organic nutrients can I give the plant from Home Depot? I have read so much online and just want to do something simple so they don’t die later. I won’t use nutes yet but I wanna plan for it.

Also, how many days until I can put them back under he big light?
There was a line of the sea grow nutes here locally but I don’t know if all their chains carry them.
In a pinch organic orchid fertilizer will do.
But they stock Alaska fish emulsion ( organic)
They also carry some liqinox branded bloom that I’ve found to be ok but it’s not organic.
They do carry phos bat that is organic
So you have to see what phase you are in and what they have for that period.
I’ve even seen fox farms nutes there. Expensive for that crap

Itsmcgoo

Itsmcgoo

There was a line of the sea grow nutes here locally but I don’t know if all their chains carry them.
In a pinch organic orchid fertilizer will do.
But they stock Alaska fish emulsion ( organic)
They also carry some liqinox branded bloom that I’ve found to be ok but it’s not organic.
They do carry phos bat that is organic
So you have to see what phase you are in and what they have for that period.
I’ve even seen fox farms nutes there. Expensive for that crap
Hey I think I broke the top of the plant trying to do some stress training. I just meant to bend it and it snapped a little.

Will it fully recover?

Smokesmcghee

Smokesmcghee

Yup. You can duct tape the break as well and see if that mends the break if it looks salvageable. Also give it some time to recover.

TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

Good even though I've never run dwc in my life!

But not on subject!
Duh.... If the person has the ability to lift it to put it on a scale, they would be able to judge if it needs more? There are many variables to watering as well. Not everything is cut and dry.

Top Bottom