(help Needed) 2 Rooted Clones Drooping And Yellow

• Thread starter Itsmcgoo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shawnery

Duh.... If the person has the ability to lift it to put it on a scale, they would be able to judge if it needs more? There are many variables to watering as well. Not everything is cut and dry.
I mean to set it on the scale from the beginning. That way you never have to move or lift them again. I know I personally couldn't lift a full grown plant in dirt. I assume a lot of people grow due to pain and I was really just trying to be thoughtful to a condition I deal with regularly.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
I mean to set it on the scale from the beginning. That way you never have to move or lift them again. I know I personally couldn't lift a full grown plant in dirt. I assume a lot of people grow due to pain and I was really just trying to be thoughtful to a condition I deal with regularly.
That is not a bad idea but you would either have to get one industrial scale or many many bathroom scales. Either case it would not be ideal.
When soil gets dry the pots get really light. If one has problems lifting those up then just lightly elevating one side of the pot can give you a good idea how dry it is.
If even this is not a possibility then i would suggest soil probes instead of scales.
Again not a bad idea with scales but there are easier solutions imo.

TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

I'm just being a dick but trying to prove a point to maybe think about it before ya put it out there . Just saying . I wasnt trying to be unsympathetic I'm just pointing out what I thought to be obvious. I fractured my vertebrate twice now so I know and do cultivate for pain.
I am 33 and just hope my condotion will start to even out now that I am back and actively working again. If I didnt have bills to pay and mouths to feed I would sit on here allllllll dayyyyy
And I know my system would be perfect

Itsmcgoo

Itsmcgoo

Hey everyone!

I’ve got a big update for all of you and also some questions. I’m having some small issues.

The good news is that my 4 plants fully recovered, I did some low stress training and also some super cropping. The 4 original plants are nice and bushy now!

I also added 6 more OG bagseed and another high power LED COB light fixture at 4000k and 26,000 lumens. Everything is fully organic in black gold soil, no nutes so far.

I was vegging the new plants for 3 weeks and just recently flipped all of the plants to 12/12.

Here come my questions because my searches have come up with a lot of conflicting info.

Pics attached!

1) I’m using black gold organic soil and I do not feed them any nutes at all and give them filtered LA tap water. I planted clones on 9/8/18 and newer seedlings broke ground on 9/10. I keep my small grow room as ventilated as possible but it gets to about 80 degrees in there because the walls aren’t insulated from the outside heat very well. I learned to water much more effectively too. Only once every few days. However you can see that very tips of some of my 4 (older) plants have browned and dried up. It’s like less than one centimeter if the tip of the plant.... One of my smaller plants has the same thing too. As you can see in the pics, the lights are far away. Am I having a heat issue? Nutrient deficiency? Nitrogen issue? Too much light?

2) I have somehow gotten an annoying amount of gnats! They multiplied out of nowhere! So I let the soik dry completely (since they lay eggs and spawn in the wet soil). Then I got gnat sticky tape and I’ve gotten them kinda under control.... but every time I water they come back! I’ve read a lot about products that are recommended and also some people use hydrogen peroxide mix... there’s so much info out there. What’s the easiest way to remove the gnats all together for my fully organic grow? I don’t want them coming back and laying larve in my flowers!!! I saw online tons of people have these ruin their grows. Please tell me what I need to do for an organic soil grow.

3) if I want to be as minimalistic and organic as possible, what will I need to supplement the soil with so that these continue to be healthy?

B5882C90 6A94 46A9 ADF1 D64E12D6C109
40D62E4F 0A29 4283 BA4A A5292E25A71B
706E9236 1174 46A0 9565 C42D39365DBF
E857059F 95E3 4883 94F1 BB7CD0A42C50
F455A988 39C5 4EB2 A270 402D5A4A342A
AA51DDDD 46A4 40C2 AFDB 10F8777BB2DF
78121411 0201 45CC AA35 C98516E729E5
Itsmcgoo

Itsmcgoo

That is not a bad idea but you would either have to get one industrial scale or many many bathroom scales. Either case it would not be ideal.
When soil gets dry the pots get really light. If one has problems lifting those up then just lightly elevating one side of the pot can give you a good idea how dry it is.
If even this is not a possibility then i would suggest soil probes instead of scales.
Again not a bad idea with scales but there are easier solutions imo.

I posted an update and not too sure if you and the other people in this thread were alerted of it. I’m in slightly desperate need of some help so I’m trying to reply directly to you Incase you did not get a notification.

Can you reply to my most recent update with some advice? Thanks!

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Tips of your plants look kinda like burned, as i can see you are dripping water on your leaves. That is probably the reason for the tip burn.
Gnats are anoying for sure. I haven’t had a big problem with them. I am using biobizz and plagron mixes. They are coming from your soil mix, if you are growing organic, the h2o2 would fuck up your microheard. You may want to try mulching or there are some good soil drenches which are suitable for organic farming. I think you can use BTI. Personally i drench the soil before first use with “Neemazal”. In the same principal Azamax or any neem based pesticide could be used imho.
If you really want to be organic and minimalistic, add nothing till you see deficiencies. Then there are stage apropriate organic fertilizers you can top dress with.
For example, wormcastings, kelp, alfalfa, any rich matured compost with high N is good for veg and bat guano, banana peels, again kelp and anything with high P and later in the flowering high K is good.
They don’t look hungry to me and they are doing well it seems, congrats.
I think they would benefit from a little epsom salt spritz. A very gentle dose. I use 1/4 tsp per liter and go from there. Not necessary by the way. It seems some leaves have getting a lighter hue between leaves. Any case it will not hurt anything.
Also. How high up your each light is from the plants?

Last edited:
Top Bottom