Help Needed Strange Bugs

• Thread starter Deepsand
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Deepsand

I have a plant growing outdoors that I was planning to harvest tomorrow morning. Today I went out to water and found a leaf that looked like it had nutrient deficiency but it actually had bugs on it and I dont know what they are. I couldn't find any other leaves with bugs. I pulled the leaf off. So my question is do you know what this bug is and should I go ahead and harvest or should I treat the plant with something first? I have no clue if these bugs will also thrive in the drying area so that worries me.
Help needed strange bugs
Help needed strange bugs 2
Help needed strange bugs
Help needed strange bugs 2

Help needed strange bugs 3
Help needed strange bugs 4
Help needed strange bugs 5
D

Deepsand

I'm not basing harvest time on pistils I'm basing it on cloudy trichome. The photos here are from over a week ago and from my observation they are all cloudy and some are starting to turn amber.

VideoCapture 20180829 174958
VideoCapture 20180829 174948
D

Deepsand

No offense taken man but I am going to challenge you on that. Every single thing I have read states the exact opposite of what you said in both of your posts. Professional growers actually snip a leaf and put it under a high dollar microscope also the pistils are a horrible way to tell when your bud is ready.. pistils afterall arent what get you high. I dont want to be bragging but I actually just finished my first ever (that one was indoors) grow and used the trichs to judge when they were ready and I harvested 2 lbs of dank bud. I am by no means an expert but I see that you are still working on your first grow. If I was you I would read up a bit more on the process. Experts feel free to correct me.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

No offense taken man but I am going to challenge you on that. Every single thing I have read states the exact opposite of what you said in both of your posts. Professional growers actually snip a leaf and put it under a high dollar microscope also the pistils are a horrible way to tell when your bud is ready.. pistils afterall arent what get you high. I dont want to be bragging but I actually just finished my first ever (that one was indoors) grow and used the trichs to judge when they were ready and I harvested 2 lbs of dank bud. I am by no means an expert but I see that you are still working on your first grow. If I was you I would read up a bit more on the process. Experts feel free to correct me.
No offense taken either bro. Guess we have different philosophies on growing lol. Good luck to ya man

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

When your buds have about 75% red hairs is the time to start checking (depending on what kind of high you are looking for)
I.e. more uplifting or couch locking etc.

Also know that up to 25% of your finally weight and mass comes from the last two weeks of growth.

The buds should look a lot more like this when you get ready to take them...
Downloadfile 5

Your plant looks like it needs another 3 weeks

D

Deepsand

Sorry bro but I dont think that is good advice. Some strains dont even get brown pistils and there is a TON of Info out there to back that up. I will always go off the trichs to judge when done. I wish I knew what the strain was so I could look it up but this is mystery bag seed.

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

Sorry bro but I dont think that is good advice. Some strains dont even get brown pistils and there is a TON of Info out there to back that up. I will always go off the trichs to judge when done. I wish I knew what the strain was so I could look it up but this is mystery bag seed.
First I am not a bro...Second if you asked any grower that is worth anything they would look at that plant and tell you it is several weeks premature.

I do know what I am talking about ....I happen to be a very long time grower....
20180829 125346
but hey man....If you want to ignore two people telling you its way too early.....then by all means.....
it's your plant

D

Deepsand

Sorry bro didn't mean to offend you so badly. No I won't be taking advice from a first time grower. I also won't be taking advice from you seeing as your advice doesn't match any of the research I have done on the subject.

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

Sorry bro didn't mean to offend you so badly. No I won't be taking advice from a first time grower. I also won't be taking advice from you seeing as your advice doesn't match any of the research I have done on the subject.
You didn't offend me...I'm trying to stop you from making a HUGE mistake.

I'm not saying anything any differently then anything you will read.

YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO CHECK THEM FROM THE CALYX NOT THE SUGAR LEAF....The ones on the sugar leaf will mature much much faster then them on the oil gland itself.

You are obviously a noob who is determined to make a mistake ....so im done trying to reason with you.

Good luck

D

Deepsand

I haven't tried to check the trichs on the calyx but will do so today for shits and giggles. Sorry about the bro thing I actually thought you were Male. My bad.

Perception

Perception

That plant looks weeks away from being ripe. Check the trichomes on the buds - not the leaves. I know you are trying to do the right thing (I’m the same way, I do tons of research), but you definitely need to wait.

You are correct that pistils color is not the rule, but rather a general reference point. But “usually” they are brown :). Definitely check the trichs on the buds, and check out some different articles on how to analyze them. We just want you to have a great harvest.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

You're right. I probably shouldn't give advice. But it just amazes me because you claim to have done so much reading, but everything I have ever seen or read had said the complete opposite. But I'm a newb, so good luck to you brother.

Phylex

Phylex

I have to agree about the plant being premature, but I’ll answer you original question about the bugs. All those black specs look like you could have a spider mite infestation. I just found some on my plants this morning. I only found one or two black specs on a leaf sporadically throughout the plant. (Not every leaf) That’s A LOT on that one leaf. I’d personally treat it for the next few weeks if that’s what you determine they are. There’s some products out there you can continue to treat up to harvest after the initial “kill” treatments. I’m using three different products personally. The third is only for the soil afterward that doesn’t damage anything. Good luck

D

Deepsand

I am worried it could be spider mites. What is the safe up to harvest product you are talking about.

Phylex

Phylex

AzaGuard is safe in the soil up to flush. GreenCleaner and Flying Skull are the initial kill treatments.

DEFD1F6A 4976 4717 B62A 015E5D40EACD
429B848B C846 4C8E B257 BCE89B388407
7ECC0638 FCE6 4975 85E2 0312FF628337
Phylex

Phylex

I’m personally combining the chems so I’m only using half strength and treating every 48hrs. Eggs hatch around 48hrs later. I’ll get about 5-6 good treatments before I’m switching to the preventative and continuing through harvest. (Or better Flush)

Top Bottom