Help Needed Strange Bugs

• Thread starter Deepsand
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah I told him I'm a girl lol. Growing seems to be a man's game out there for the most part which I find odd knowing all the women gardeners I do (veggie gardens and roses etc)
There are a few exceptional women growers out there but it's far and few between.

To the OP. I don't think those black spots are mites, and I personally wouldn't hit them with anything. You are so close to being done.
I bet it's just a predatory bug...One to help not hurt.
I like how you roll sista. Never spray anything on ripening flowers, even if it says organic and safe to do.

typically they are talking about maters and veggies concerning safe. And the fact buds get combusted what started out as safe for veggies may be awful and deadly when toked!!!!

And this is one ole skool farmer who loves to see a woman show her grow skillz. You should be damn proud of your craft. You are slayin it.!!!!! Good to have a gal around that knows a thing er 2.

ItalWinston

ItalWinston

First off please please Don't Spray crap on your plant as others have said. If you look at the ingredients on the so-called organic stuff it's mostly " other ingredients" unidentified emulsifiers carriers etc etc and we just don't know what it could do burning and smoking it.
That gnat looking bug is what's leaving the black spots I have a few of those on my fan leaves to nothing to worry about they won't even go near the flowers.
Now that plant as others have said, is nowhere near ready for Harvest. Check out my current grow on YouTube rareroots outdoor grow.
Good luck
IW

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Some strains will have white pistils till the end, this is true (tho very few strains are like that)....However a ripe bud will still have the majority of the pistils receding back into the bud... not sticking straight out.
No one should go on just one thing or another to verify ripeness but (like I said earlier) use all the tools in the box.
The pic of that bud looks ripe... it looks swollen and ready.
There are so many things lost by cutting too early, not just over all weight and potency but you will loose out on terps too.

It's not an issue for me now. Only need to make a mistake once to learn. I had no idea what to expect last year but I've got a feel for em now. Nailed the harvest on my Royal Nepal Kush. It's been fire.

I've also had the time to study the strains this year. Started late in the season last year with 0 growing knowledge and strains I knew nothing about. Didn't buy the Cannabis Encyclopedia till a month after I started them.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
as others have said when you have been growing a while you can tell when flowers are ripe. But a good rule of thumb in the early dayz is to use both pistils and trikes. And yes there are strains that will throw new white pistils even when the flowers are ripe. Pistil color and condition are a less than perfect way to judge ripeness of your flowers.

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

I like how you roll sista. Never spray anything on ripening flowers, even if it says organic and safe to do.

typically they are talking about maters and veggies concerning safe. And the fact buds get combusted what started out as safe for veggies may be awful and deadly when toked!!!!

And this is one ole skool farmer who loves to see a woman show her grow skillz. You should be damn proud of your craft. You are slayin it.!!!!! Good to have a gal around that knows a thing er 2.
Wow ...thanks so much! What a huge compliment! Means a lot coming from an old school grower like you :)

123grow

Btw, what bug is that. ? Looks like aphids? At distance but that close up that looks like knats? What would they be doing under the leaves?
And it isn’t spider mites, least nothing like what I seen????
Curios, anyone ion even id them yet ?
Looks like fungus knats to me or maybe broad knats..

Top Bottom