• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Durksta

Durksta

Help not the first time
Help not the first time 2
Help not the first time 3
Help not the first time 4
currzntly doing cheese xxl auto started to get dark brown spots on leaves which eventually kill the leaf it’s been going on for 3 days now
Though maybe ph but I’m dialed in to 6.2 - 6.5 everyday
Maybe too much phosphorus as I’m in flower
Or calcium deficiency I don’t really know

I’m in hydro drip system 900w Viparspectra led
10ltr water solution
Gh nutes micro 7ml per litre
Gro 3ml per litre
Greensensation 1ml per litre
Bloom 12ml per litre

Ppm 800 ventilation correct intake out take and oscillating

Temp 17 -25oc
Dehumidifier 45-51% humidity

Durksta

Durksta

View attachment 860617 View attachment 860618 View attachment 860619 View attachment 860620 currzntly doing cheese xxl auto started to get dark brown spots on leaves which eventually kill the leaf it’s been going on for 3 days now
Though maybe ph but I’m dialed in to 6.2 - 6.5 everyday
Maybe too much phosphorus as I’m in flower
Or calcium deficiency I don’t really know

I’m in hydro drip system 900w Viparspectra led
10ltr water solution
Gh nutes micro 7ml per litre
Gro 3ml per litre
Greensensation 1ml per litre
Bloom 12ml per litre

Ppm 800 ventilation correct intake out take and oscillating

Temp 17 -25oc
Dehumidifier 45-51% humidity

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Late stages potassium (K) deficiency.
Sorry, couldn’t tell ya what to do in hydro system, I’m a dirt farmer:)

Shroomtrips

Shroomtrips

Drop ph to 5.6 and see if symptoms persist. I grow in coco and i never water anything above ph 6.2. If i ever have any problems with the plants its mainly due to ph or pests.

Durksta

Durksta

This is the jack47 next to the cheese in a seperate drip system under the same regime and not spots

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
This is an easy one thanks to the good pics and details. You have textbook Ca and Mn deficiency from too high of a ph. Calcium locks out above 5.8 in hydroponics, Manganese even lower, like 5.6. Drop your ph to let it swing between 5.5-5.8 as it feeds.
The small brown spotting is from the Ca- and the chlorosis and larger blemishes is from the Mn-.

The affected leaves probably wont recover but the damage will stop progressing.

Last edited:
Durksta

Durksta

This is an easy one thanks to the good pics and details. You have textbook Ca and Mn deficiency from too high of a ph. Calcium locks out above 5.8 in hydroponics, Manganese even lower, like 5.6. Drop your ph to let it swing between 5.5-5.8 as it feeds.
The small brown spotting is from the Ca- and the chlorosis and larger blemishes is from the Mn-.

The affected leaves probably wont recover but the damage will stop progressing.
Thank you I will sort this out I had noticed the ppl wasn’t going down either so I had a lock out

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Thank you I will sort this out I had noticed the ppl wasn’t going down either so I had a lock out

If I can offer a couple more pieces of advice it would be to stop foliar spraying nutrients in flower. It's not really good for the finished product. I'm confident that a simple ph correction will fix your issues.
Also if those temps are lights on I would increase that to 22-26 celcius if possible. You dont really want to be much below 22 if you can avoid it with the lights on. The temp helps to regulate the metabolism, transpiration and nutrient uptake.

Last edited:
Durksta

Durksta

If I can offer a couple more pieces of advice it would be to stop foliar spraying nutrients in flower. It's not really good for the finished product. I'm confident that a simple ph correction will fix your issues.
Also if those temps are lights on I would increase that to 22-26 celcius if possible. You dont really want to be much below 22 if you can avoid it with the lights on. The temp helps to regulate the metabolism, transpiration and nutrient uptake.
Thé lower temp is lights off as we are in the back end of winter here and 25 with lights on and for 6hr droops to about 15-16 thanks for the help btw

Nugg

Nugg

I'm Dwc.i never drop pH below 6.0. never.. I do better at 6.2-6.5.. idc who says what...and to much anything will lock out others..3 weeks flower..I'm still around 550 ppm...led lights require a higher room temp then hps..85-90°f.idk c°

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Jesus, it's any wonder people are so confused on here.

Every single piece of literature I have ever read on hydroponics states Calcium locks out at a ph that high. When I grew hydro in a commercial greenhouse we always ran it at ph 5.5 and let it drift up to 6. Its pretty much the industry standard for drip hydroponics in Rockwool to run 5.5-6.0, maybe 6.2, regardless of what crop is being grown. The swing in ph allows all the different elements to be taken up when the ph passes through their ideal uptake ph range.

Add to that the fact that his plants are showing deficiency signs of the two main elements that are very ph sensitive and according to everything I've ever read become unavailable to the plant over 5.8 in hydro..

Sounds like ph to me.

Last edited:
Nugg

Nugg

Jesus, it's any wonder people are so bloody confused on here.

Every single piece of literature I have ever read on hydroponics states Calcium locks out at a ph that high. When I grew hydro I always ran it at ph 5.5, even when I trained in commercial greenhouses. Its industry standard for drip hydroponics in Rockwool to run 5.5-5.8, regardless of what crop is being grown. Not sure how you pull it off in DWC nugg but a ph of 6.2-6.5 is extremely uncommon, if not completely unheard of for rockwool hydroponics. And I highly doubt a ppm of 800 is high enough to cause lockout.

Add to that the fact that his plants are showing deficiency signs of the two main elements that are ph sensitive and according to everything I've ever read lock out over 5.8 in hydro, seems like an open and shut case to me.

But sure... tell the OP that ph isnt his problem..
Lol..I didn't say what the problem was.. nobody here has all his info or there to say what he has already done...but yeah,just start throwing misc.nutes at it..that's the answer..and yes I run 6.0-6.5..sorry if that don't fit in your books.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I didnt say to throw miscellaneous nutes at it. I recommended dropping his ph range and upping his temperatures. It's pretty obvious what nutrients hes locked out here. And knowing that, plus his current ppm and EC, it's not all that difficult to diagnose.

Latest posts

Top Bottom