Help!!! Nutrient Deficiency???

• Thread starter adrian23
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

adrian23

I have a white widow auto which is 36 days old from sprouting out of the soil. Its only my second time growing and im just a student with a little setup in my own bedroom. It seems like the plant got some sort of deficiency. It started very slightly visible(about 2 weeks ago)but it has just gotten worst. In the begging i thought it was light stress but then it seemed more like an iron or manganese deficiency. Today i checked the runoff water and seems right(about 6.5) and last week it was actually rather acid (but i don’t know how accurate those ph testing strips are). I tried adding some coffee grounds almost a week ago and the last time i fertilized the plant i also added a bit of urine in the water in addition to the regular fertilizer hoping it could had some missing nutrients…

What can i do?? The growth is going slow(only 8 nodes until now) and i really can’t find what the problem is…but again im not an expert at all..so i would appreciate if some of you guys who know more than me could help me!:)

Help nutrient deficiency
Help nutrient deficiency 2
Help nutrient deficiency 3
Help nutrient deficiency 4
Ecompost

Ecompost

I have a white widow auto which is 36 days old from sprouting out of the soil. Its only my second time growing and im just a student with a little setup in my own bedroom. It seems like the plant got some sort of deficiency. It started very slightly visible(about 2 weeks ago)but it has just gotten worst. In the begging i thought it was light stress but then it seemed more like an iron or manganese deficiency. Today i checked the runoff water and seems right(about 6.5) and last week it was actually rather acid (but i don’t know how accurate those ph testing strips are). I tried adding some coffee grounds almost a week ago and the last time i fertilized the plant i also added a bit of urine in the water in addition to the regular fertilizer hoping it could had some missing nutrients…

What can i do?? The growth is going slow(only 8 nodes until now) and i really can’t find what the problem is…but again im not an expert at all..so i would appreciate if some of you guys who know more than me could help me!:)
lots of autos dont like lots of food if any needs to be added. The growth cycle is often so short that most chain reaction processes in organics dont get time to function efficiently before the plant has moved on.
IMO Start with a pot that is min 30 inches depth to get a good plant. if you add a good compost you will not need to feed the plant i would think.
You may have just over fed it and or have a bit of an issue with the rate of mineralization of your organics.
What other nutrients are you adding on top of urine and coffee?
Do you understand Carbon to Nitrogen ratios? if not go study this. You cant just add raw organics and expect it to feed your plant now. Some inputs temporarily take nitrogen from the plant in order that they can be decomposed in to forms that plants can consume.
often less is more mate. pH 6.5 is actually quite low in organics where bacterial mineralization is taking place at least. More normal to find media hoovering around 7.2-7.4 which is the sweet spot for bacteria to convert N from organics. of course this is high for many micros and so often times its best to apply these as chelates and via foliar, or by adding some quality greensand or rock dust, try to find one lower in Al, in to the media. Again any adds to media may need time to be plant ready :-)
Hope that helps

MW7945

MW7945

This is why I really don't understand organic growers. Peeing on their plants. Lol geez.

Top Bottom