Help Please - First Go At Hydroculture (dwc)

• Thread starter Northernpop
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dutchcity

Dutchcity

CF3D0A89 0CD7 4065 A11C C4A5E148E282

Northernpop

Northernpop

Wow, that's a sweet setup pal. Mine looks small (2x3) and sh** in comparison, but I've knocked some decent weed out. Lol.

Happy growing !!

Northernpop

Northernpop

One more hydro Nubie question..... If you have to empty and scrub the hydro container every seven days, how do you do that when it's full of roots?

Please put me out of my misery !!

Happy growing.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Ah, ok. Like temps and ec? My ph and ec probe finally came from china today, but reading through my main reference book (cultivating cannabis in the 21st century by C.K. Watson), it states that every hydroponic system must have the reservoir changed and throughly scrubbed every 7 days. With this, potentially two feeds a day, and temp issues, I think it seems a difficult thing to do. And very time consuming compared to soil.

Any other comments on hydro guys?

Peace out.
Bro im on vacation with shitty signal.. I will give you the thread to read on dwc first time ans i promise u will be sold.. Mon n8ght i be back..

Northernpop

Northernpop

No problem, and cheers. Have a great holiday pal !!

Oh, and I think I'm trying to assemble a aeroponic system. Lol. Low pressure spray bars on a timer.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Just checking in with my shitty signal.. Im in the sticks u might say lol...

I catch up with you tomm....

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

One more hydro Nubie question..... If you have to empty and scrub the hydro container every seven days, how do you do that when it's full of roots?

Please put me out of my misery !!

Happy growing.
U dont have to scrub a dwc bucket every 7 days... Horse hockey...
HOWEVER...
In flower u will have to add water ever day or ever6 other day and readjust ppm and ph...

My thread which is the star wars themed thread.. First 40 or so pages outlines my first use of dwc.. And all the advice i got plus mistakes i made.. I urge you tobread it.. The thread is over a 1000 pages. But the first 40 are really valuable

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

It never drops below 65 at night, but rises to up to 89*f in some evenings.
Thats pretty warm.. I say if you are gonna do just one plant the build a dwc bucket out of a 27 gal tote. I got some really good ideas for you.. Im 9n the way back from my mini vacation so i share them with you when I get home...

Northernpop

Northernpop

Thats pretty warm.. I say if you are gonna do just one plant the build a dwc bucket out of a 27 gal tote. I got some really good ideas for you.. Im 9n the way back from my mini vacation so i share them with you when I get home...

Yes, I'm looking through last year's temperature and humidity notes now (nerd), and it does go up to high 80's in there. However, I've been keeping an eye on the temps in a gallon of water in grow, and it hasn't reached 73*f, despite the grow room being about 80*f a foot higher up.

It's really appreciated Evenhorizan, and I've already bought the spay nozzles, ph and ec meters, grommets, and pump, so it's too late to back down now. My long suffering wife knows this by now. Hahaha.

I'm buying this box that holds 100 litres and even has wheels for transport. What do you think ? ...... the second pic shows a good YouTube diy tote aeroponics system, that I'll attempt. If it holds 50 litres the temps should never rise too much.

Peace out !!

IMG 3584
IMG 3589
Northernpop

Northernpop

Will this setup be ok with an adjustable internal pump of 285 litres per hour (3w), or 400 litres per hour (5w) ? I fancy the Hailea HX800 or HX1500

Cheers !!

Northernpop

Northernpop

Will this setup be ok with an adjustable internal pump of 285 litres per hour (3w), or 400 litres per hour (5w) ? I fancy the Hailea HX800 or HX1500

Cheers !!

Northernpop

Northernpop

I bought the aeroponic container (tope?). It's 110 litres. Also, my spray jets have arrived.

Getting there.....

IMG 3617

Northernpop

Northernpop

So, Will this setup be ok with an adjustable internal pump of 285 litres per hour (3w), or 400 litres per hour (5w) ? I fancy the Hailea HX800 or HX1500 or something similar.

Happy growing !!

Northernpop

Northernpop

Please advise guys, I've got my low pressure tope container, and need to know the best gal/hr or litres/hour to go for. I don't want to overdo it, due to engine wattage (noise and heat). I'm thinking between 400 litres/ hour to 1000 litres per hour.

Cheers in advance.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Please advise guys, I've got my low pressure tope container, and need to know the best gal/hr or litres/hour to go for. I don't want to overdo it, due to engine wattage (noise and heat). I'm thinking between 400 litres/ hour to 1000 litres per hour.

Cheers in advance.

The lower range will be fine.

Northernpop

Northernpop

Cheers oldmanriver !!

Ordering now. Even the lower pump should mean a full 2 to 3 full pump cycles per hour at 15 mins on and 15mins off.

How's best to clean these containers then, have a spare to dump the plants and lid into, or should I just use a cleaner/good bacteria to kill pythem etc.?

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Cheers oldmanriver !!

Ordering now. Even the lower pump should mean a full 2 to 3 full pump cycles per hour at 15 mins on and 15mins off.

How's best to clean these containers then, have a spare to dump the plants and lid into, or should I just use a cleaner/good bacteria to kill pythem etc.?
I never clean mine during the crop. I use some hydroguard to be safe, but generally I just dump and fill.

Latest posts

Top Bottom