Help Please New Growth Is Twisted

• Thread starter greenthumb89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
greenthumb89

greenthumb89

hey how's it going, at the moment i'm having the new growth kinda twisted looking aswel as some of the new shoots wilting aswel. older leaves have little rust marks on them. unfortunately camera is broken atm.
feed:
jungle juice a&b= 3ml/g
calmag+= 3ml/g
regeneroot=3ml/g
mighty growth enhancer=3ml/g
drip clean=1ml/g
my ppm usually read around 400-500 and I ph to 5.8 and my res usually stays around that if not drifting a point or two. i'm in canna coco 1 gallon squares each plant with a diy drip ring and watering atm just once a day sometimes twice always wiht runoff. unfortunatel y dont have saucers so my ppms and ph for out get mixed together so cant give an accurate reading but with the drip clean i would think i wouldnt have to worry to much about salt build up. my temps are around 75 and off temps at mid low 60s under a 600 watt air cooled hood metal halide at 75% power. light is little over a foot from the tops.

REDiJEDi160

REDiJEDi160

First raise your light. Try and figure out a way to put up pics that's what nearly everyone is going to say

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

IMG 20180301 181949
IMG 20180301 182030

IMG 20180301 181949 1
greenthumb89

greenthumb89

i know in regards to light i dont know if that would be the cause beicause it's a 600 yes but its only on 75 percent which is 450 watts and it has a glass cover. i just measured and its 16 inches away and my hand isnt warm near the glass and i feel nothing near the plant tops aswel as having a fan gently oscilating over the tops

REDiJEDi160

REDiJEDi160

What ph is your nutrient solution? You said you had em in coco but the picture looks like a couple hydroton pellets on top of soil?

REDiJEDi160

REDiJEDi160

16 isn't too bad but when you 1 foot away I was like Shit. I don't think that is your problem but it is a problem if it were 1 foot

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

my nutrient solution is 5.8 and my exact media is coco with some perlite mixed in. i put hydroton ontop to help slow down evaporation and it lets my roots grow all the way to the top of the coco since the light cant get to them and their is a little bit of hydroton on the bottom of the pot so that my roots dont sit in any run off that might be left over.

B

Burned Haze

coco must have runoff of 10-15% ( the point of coco is it likes to be rehydrated with new air ) only reason you can't in the beg is your trying to make the roots seek/search ( you want a root bound coco plant so you can rehydrate it multiple times in a day in flower )

But the biggest issue people have is not letting their coco dry out enough in the beginning and actually let the plant become root bond and have a established root system plant before over-watering. I use a 2-3 pot method of Up-potting scale to make it so the plant in coco is most def gurateed root bound and no matter what genetic, they are. Use the clone starter size, then use a .5 gal ( 1.5.- 2weeks) pot for 1.5.- 2 weeks intill you see nice roots, Than final size ( I've tried 2 gal, 3 gal, 4x4 beds and now 5 gal coco) I really like the 5 gal coco just because they don't fall over and the plants can easily be so damn big and not have issues. why play around?

just my viewpoint, take or leave it

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

yeah i agree 100% and thats one of the main reason im using a smaller roughly 1 gallon container is because i want to build up a solid root base before i start feeding more /.comfrequently. anything in regards as to what could be causing the problems in the pics provided????

str8smokn

str8smokn

It almost looks like you FIMed (Fuck I Missed) her with that new growth. (Like you topped it.)
The yellow/rusty leaf in the pic is created to die off.
It’s just gotten splashed /saturated with nute solution , but no worries on it.
Have you topped or pinched her ?
STR8

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

I've topped it once ya but the growth is wilted in appearance so not sure and I did foikar feed might of burnt with the lights on or splash back from when I hand watered previously

B

Burned Haze

are you using hard water? coco retains and if your water has a lot of iron and a lot of trace elements ( thats why majority of coco guys are willing to use R/O and re-add the micronutrients and make sure everything is stable.

Raw NPK OMINA will help you with calcium and those issues if you have hard water ( major issue for coco guys and def hard water)

I would only do .3-.4ml ( closest rate to not killing your beneficial ) of drip clean and always apply it first before everything in the rez cause it can cause everything else go out of whack. ( its Phosphoric acid and Potassium oxide ) I would only use agsil 16h and be focusing on silica ( its 28%, organic and can't be beat at liquid rate and price!)

unless your having issues with plumbing,alage issues, , misters & ur drip system, no reason to have something to have drip clean , agsil will make your stems stronger and and bigger buds & drip clean just might only killy good beneficial bacteria ( google it )

love it and its even the bomb for foliar ( i even use aloe 200x, kelp as a combo and man. they just wanna thrive )

Last edited by a moderator:
greenthumb89

greenthumb89

In regards to hard water not sure I use tap and my ppm registers nothing so I got really clean water I guess. I'm running a sterile res so I'm not concerned with killing anything and I occasionally foikar feed with growth plus

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

Reason I run drip clean at 1ml is because at. 3 or . 4 it doesn't pull any built up salt out of the coco. At least that's what I've read I do 1ml so I don't need a lot of run off but I always do have near 25 percent run off

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

new growth appears to be fine nice green colour not to light not to dark. switched from jungle juice to canna coco so i hope ill have better luck even though its the user not the fertilizer that does the damage haha

B

Burned Haze

When I mean “hard water “ I mean tap water and non city water that’s you have not R/O yet

Hard just means it has unknown trace elements you have not taken out in your water like metal and irons

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

oh my bad i misunderstood. yes im using tap water considering switching to. r.o. however when i put my blue lab ppm pen in my tap water it reads 0 and it's calibrated right soo not sure

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

ive heard canna coco nutrients are made for tap or hard water though so i donnno if i should switch to r.o but it would be nice to have a clean slate to work off of

Latest posts

Top Bottom