Help Please

• Thread starter boxedfetus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

boxedfetus

I started my first grow and everything was going fine until recently. This discoloration started happening on the bottom fan leaves and I don’t know what it is. It doesn’t look like any nutrient deficiencies that I’ve looked up.

50/50 mix of Fox Farm Happy Frog and Ocean Forest soil, under a 600 watt LED or sometimes taken out in the sun, RO water ph’ed to 6-6.5 when watering and feeding. Auto strain, temps during the day is high 70s to very low 80s and night is low 70s, humidity is 50-60%.

Help please
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I started my first grow and everything was going fine until recently. This discoloration started happening on the bottom fan leaves and I don’t know what it is. It doesn’t look like any nutrient deficiencies that I’ve looked up.

50/50 mix of Fox Farm Happy Frog and Ocean Forest soil, under a 600 watt LED or sometimes taken out in the sun, RO water ph’ed to 6-6.5 when watering and feeding. Auto strain, temps during the day is high 70s to very low 80s and night is low 70s, humidity is 50-60%.
bump up your ph friend,run 6.5 to 6.8 and i bet it clear up for ya,thats a great mix and great choice for soil also,i doubt you need to be feeding at all at this point,so drop the feed and just water at mentioned ph level and you be all good

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Heard moving them to outside and back in is a great way to get pests. Probably locking out 6 is low for soil also you may be feeding them too much that causes a lock out issue. How old is it? What are you feeding it with?
I am a new grower too so these are only theories.
I had some cal mag and potassium and phosporus deficiencies at my first grow and i thought i was locking out something due to ph it turned out that plant had depleted the nutrients in the soil after 30 days and it was hungry nice guano tea took care of that.

B

boxedfetus

The tent has a Hot Shot No Pest Strip which was recommended to me by another gardener here in town. I haven’t seen any bugs and I only took them outside when humidity was relatively low.

So the plants are 5.5 weeks old. Went into flower last Sunday as the buds are starting to form. I was feeding with very little Dyna Gro Foliage Pro and Pro-tekt. PPM is 260.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
5,5 weeks probably the soil has been depleted you have to feed more is my guess.
Still since you have the lights its best too keep them inside the whole time.

Dan789

Dan789

@boxedfetus, show us the whole plant, thanks in advance for outside of the tent and bluple light.

B

boxedfetus

Just watered, adding cal-mag to twice the regular feeding that I was giving it. Ph’ed to 6.7.

Dan789

Dan789

On that second shot I’d be more concerned about the taco’ing of the top leaves than some burns/ blotches on leaves below the canopy. Minimum scope/loop the underside of those (top) leaves to see if anything’s going on, bug-wise. If so (bugs/mites) apply the appropriate response before they’re any further along.

Monster762

Monster762

Is this plant flowering?
Here you go, Dan.
Or is it grass in background I’m seeing? Anyways How dry is the soil getting?

I would run good bit of clean water through rinse the soil just Incase. and give a good solid base feed. Then leave alone n see what happens.
Definately stay on top of bugs as mentioned above. I usually just neem everything around. And neem plants once a week or so in veg and Check real good before putting in flower tent.
Don’t spray nothing if you’re flowering though.

Overall I see a pretty healthy plant. The canoe could just be moisture related. I see darker green veins in leaves just slightly that’s why I suggest good rinsing and solid feed. Looks to want a little more in my opinion. But I am no professional.

B

boxedfetus

Yes, it’s an auto the switched into flowering last Sunday or so.

As far as the taco’ing, before I brought the plants outside the top leaves weren’t doing that. It’s only after a little time outside and pulling off the infected fan leaves (in case it is septoria) the top leaves started doing the taco shape which is probably the stress from either of those things?

Top Bottom