Help, Promix Hp With Mycorrhizae

• Thread starter Nicolo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nicolo

Nicolo

Hi everyone, just needed some opinions on can I mix with Coco. I have a few free bags of Coco from a couple expos I went to earlier this year. I never used Coco and just wanted to know can I mix it with my promix? I run botanicare kind line btw. Thanks in advance.

1482903342662 1069245272
justiceman

justiceman

Seamaiden hit the nail on the head. You can definitely do it. Just gotta treat it correctly. Would I do it? Probably not. Promix HP is already blended to perfection, and 100%coco is perfect as well. They both act a bit different. Mixing them together would require more guess work(how much should I let this dry out? What pH is ideal? Will there be more or less salt build up? Do i need more Calmag because of the coco, or does the promix have enough in it already?) Too many questions for my taste, but it can definitely be done no doubt.

I personally love coco coir and that's all I use inside. If you're willing to experiment I would suggest throwing a plant in just 100% coco and comparing it to a plant in just 100% promix to figure out which medium suits you better. Coco does work well as an amendment to help keep soils from becoming too compact, but it truly shines when it stands alone. No perlite, no nothing. Just coco.

Coco Benefits:
  • Holds lots of air
  • Doesn't compact
  • Doesn't require a wetting agent
  • Hard to over water
  • Can be purchased in light easy to carry compressed bricks

General coco guideline:
  • Never water with pure R/O(always at least .2EC(100ppm) to maintain the cation balance)
  • Always pH 5.7-6.0(I like 5.8)
  • Don't let it dry out or else that's a deal breaker and you'll run into tons of issues(this is hydroponics)
  • smaller containers are often better when growing in coco(the more often you water the more often you bring fresh oxygen and balanced nutrients into the medium)
Here's a plant in just coco. Loves it!
DeadHead OG

Can you tell I love coco?:D

GreenHouser

GreenHouser

Ive found that generic pro mix with a bag a perlite fed with rain water or well water has produced great results. Never used a ph meter in my life an until i googled, didnt know what one was. goodObviously theres good, better, best, an that will even be debatable...Always learning.... Pics are results. And are just for results. Clearly there are superior grows an pics far better than this.

Screenshot 20161229 140131
Screenshot 20161221 172003
Nicolo

Nicolo

Hey everyone just went and picked up some promix/Coco. Do I need to rinse this first? I'm transplanting from 2 gallon to 7 and I used promix HP soil in the 2 gallons already. Good idea it bad?

1483145275564 1954833190
Top Bottom