Help With Clones Growing

• Thread starter CannaMorocco
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CannaMorocco

Hi everyone,
For outdoor growing in a normal season, what is the best time to star a mother plant so you can cut maximum clones by the first or the 15th of May.

Thanks.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
The sooner the better imo. Two months should give you enough time to germinate, grow out, take cuttings, root the cuttings and get the clones established before moving them to their permanent home.

Germinate Seed (2-5 days)
Grow (2-4 weeks)
Root Cuttings (7-14 days)
Grow (2 weeks)

C

CannaMorocco

Is it better to start from feminized seed and cut the clones directly ? Or start with regular seed , cut clones , flower the first mothers to see which ones are feminized and which ones are the best , then star making your clones from the best ones ?

Ina

Ina

I will do that soon,i also wondered when to start,may be the end of February.....And what is the best light regiment for the mothers indoors?Was thinking 16/8?Or something like outdoors in the spring.... because I don't want them to start flowering when I transplant them outdoors,then reveg…...It will be better if they proceed with vegetation:)People say regular is better(I prefer the mother to be made from clone not seed, I find them more bushy) but I have few different fem and I will use them. I don't have time to look for males, best mother plant or whatever.But if you have time and space you can start a bit earlier,you can choose the females,than the best of them.....If you know what to look for and you know your strains.....In my case I just need to use one seed to make as much plants as possible...…:)

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Allow extra time if Growing from regular seeds. They’ll start showing their sex around week 5 or 6 (usually) so you can choose which to clone from that point.

I use 24/0 lighting in veg but you can do 18/6 just as easily. Just depends on what you prefer.

Top Bottom