Help With Deficiency, Or Other Problem

• Thread starter AlbaNinja84
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AlbaNinja84

AlbaNinja84

These are my friends plants.
Only has two.

Very simple setup, perfect temperature/ humidity. All in soil with canna nutrients. We went very light with ferts and the plants were very happy.

We main lined them and vegged them flawlessly under a 150watt mh light.

Then we switched them under a led light, one of the best brand here in Europe.

Wright after being moved, the stopped growing, started dropping, upper leaves tacoing and wilting, very red stems, spots on leaves. Some discoloration.

We flushed them, gave them a small dose of canna terra Vega, and a small dose of magnesium.

One of the two is better ( moved back under the mh) the other one is still shit.

Wtf? Is the led the cause of his problems?

We thought of ph error, but we flushed, and runoff ph is fine.

We are watering at 6.7 ph.

Help with deficiency or other problem
Help with deficiency or other problem 2
Help with deficiency or other problem 3
Help with deficiency or other problem 4
scubascrog

scubascrog

The spots look almost like you dripped some nute water on them or something. the yellowing is on a lower leaf so it looks like a ph swing locked out some nitrogen or MG and the intensity of the light faded it a little.

Just read that ph isnt an issue, led's will require more MG and a higher concentration of nutrients. feed it more MG before you put it under the led.
if you look at my pic you can see where the red MG spots on the yellow leaf only showed up RIGHT under my led.

AlbaNinja84

AlbaNinja84

The spots look almost like you dripped some nute water on them or something. the yellowing is on a lower leaf so it looks like a ph swing locked out some nitrogen or MG and the intensity of the light faded it a little.

Just read that ph isnt an issue, led's will require more MG and a higher concentration of nutrients. feed it more MG before you put it under the led.
if you look at my pic you can see where the red MG spots on the yellow leaf only showed up RIGHT under my led.

Thanks. Yes I read about leds requiring more mg. No nutrients were spilled on the plant.
So I, ill up the nutrients?
And ad mg one a week?
Thanks

scubascrog

scubascrog

I use Cal-mag with every feeding. so feed feed water repeat in soil. just watch the claw, and add more MG first then go for more N, if you add both at the same time you could overdo it and not know which one did it cause they both have the same (claw) OD symptoms.

KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

Look hungry to me! Nitrogen starved!
I go whole grows without any run off until final 1 to 2 week flush and feed nearly every watering. These strains nowadays can suck up a lot of nutrients.You're plants are starting to consume themselves! Gotta pack you're plants full of nitrogen till the end of stretch, most of these nutrient formulas sold don't have nearly enough nitrogen. Most people blame their problems on PH, it's not PH, soils and soilless mediums already have buffer in the soil to adjust itself and when you add ph up and down is just to keep from spikes but if it spikes the buffer will adjust it pretty quick. Just add ya some nitrogen dude and don't be skimpy about it and once you start to get their nutrients back on track, it's not going to be an over night fix, their going to keep consuming themselves for a few more days until they get replenished, so feed the shit out if them and don't expect to see any fix for about a week. Flushing the medium at that stage of the game is about the worse thing you can do.

Last edited:
Homesteader

Homesteader

Can you get a close up of the underside of the large dark patch. Looks strange to me. Plants look slightly yellow and could probably use some N and calcium but the dark spot looks odd.

KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

These are leafs on a plant that is in final flush and starting to consume itself from not enough nutrients.

20180510 183036
20180510 183054
20180510 183925
AlbaNinja84

AlbaNinja84

These are leafs on a plant that is in final flush and starting to consume itself from not enough nutrients.

Perfect, we will up the nutes to half of cannas light feed schedule.

Amazing plants by the way, huge and frosty❄️❄️

AlbaNinja84

AlbaNinja84

Can you get a close up of the underside of the large dark patch. Looks strange to me. Plants look slightly yellow and could probably use some N and calcium but the dark spot looks odd.
Hey took a bit to get a better pic.
Spots getting bigger, calcium?

7ED21F7C 7AC7 460E A6DA 616ECD721CD8
EB798FD1 B6F7 4C18 818C 9D0299529332
A7C4AA04 5897 4870 A25C 282A47209B1C
Homesteader

Homesteader

Looks like it. A handful of garden gypsum will help. Was looking like phos with that dark patch before but looks much more like it is in need of calcium now. Is that the same leaf?

AlbaNinja84

AlbaNinja84

Looks like it. A handful of garden gypsum will help. Was looking like phos with that dark patch before but looks much more like it is in need of calcium now. Is that the same leaf?
It’s not the same leaf I think.
We gave them canna mono ca today. And mono mg last watering. And terra Vega 1.5 ml l.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Personally if I am showing a cal defieciency, I would hold off on giving it any magnesium.
Magnesium def is fairly easy to see and quick to treat with epsom, calcium is slower to move.
Anyhow all is good, the plant will eat them both but adding mag can bind up your cal or at least slow the uptake of the cal IMO.

Top Bottom