Help With Deficiency

• Thread starter AlbaNinja84
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AlbaNinja84

AlbaNinja84

A friend of mine has a problem. And i'm trying to help him figure out what is wrong.
They are 2 auto flowers (first mistake) , over a month old that just started showing the first signs of flowering.

He had bought some strong fertilized soil overcharged with N (second mistake) which caused a bit of clawing and a very dark green but overall doing ok.

He has only fed water at ph 6.6, with voodoo juice and some bud candy to feed the bacteria.

Now from a day to another there are these brown/yellow spots.
The plants are a bit droopy he watered them too much last time. But exept for that time he has always watered them properly.

What could these spots be?
I was guessing the spots are maybe ph fluctuations? And some upper leaves showing mag def?
Or the spots are calcium?

Help with deficiency
Help with deficiency 2
Help with deficiency 3
Help with deficiency 4
Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Over watering, and ph fluctuations. PH is the most important part of growing imo, and ime. The soil being hot was a mistake, and see slight N toxicity, but that's not clawing. Look at the post above you. That's clawing

MW7945

MW7945

Definitely ph issues. had this happen with my first grow in coco that I let dry out too much

AlbaNinja84

AlbaNinja84

Ok, thanks all for the info. Should I have him flush the pots? With ph’Ed water?

AlbaNinja84

AlbaNinja84

His ph meter was off, the grow shop store had calibrated badly for him.:)

AlbaNinja84

AlbaNinja84

$TTYT tttttt/ĹŁ

A bit of advice. Keep 2 meters, calibration solution. PH is critical
Here we have stupid grow shoppers. My friend was at his first experience when ask for basic grow nutrients and they gave him A.N. flower pack.
He asked for a soil for germination they gave him supersoil.
When he bought the ph meter they calibrated it for him, and it was done wrong.

Now when he buys something he asks me first, i'm not an expert but I know better then that stupid grow shop.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Here we have stupid grow shoppers. My friend was at his first experience when ask for basic grow nutrients and they gave him A.N. flower pack.
He asked for a soil for germination they gave him supersoil.
When he bought the ph meter they calibrated it for him, and it was done wrong.

Now when he buys something he asks me first, i'm not an expert but I know better then that stupid grow shop.
Yeah, I've felt with some of these grow shops that don't care. I've found aphids in bags of soil, and in rockwool. Ya just gotta find a good shop, where the people love what they do. Another bit of advice, don't get a ph meter that comes with a screwdriver. Hanna, Bluelab are 2 brands that are reliable. I still keep 2 (at least), and if 1 is off from the other, I'll go by the one that calibrated quicker

AlbaNinja84

AlbaNinja84

Yeah, I've felt with some of these grow shops that don't care. I've found aphids in bags of soil, and in rockwool. Ya just gotta find a good shop, where the people love what they do. Another bit of advice, don't get a ph meter that comes with a screwdriver. Hanna, Bluelab are 2 brands that are reliable. I still keep 2 (at least), and if 1 is off from the other, I'll go by the one that calibrated quicker
Do you think it’s better to do a light rinse with proper ph’d water once the plants get better from the overwatering?

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Do you think it’s better to do a light rinse with proper ph’d water once the plants get better from the overwatering?
Yes, get your medium ph corrected as soon as possible, otherwise you'r risking several problems. If you have, use some benaficials. If your ph is out of whack, you're going to have tons of lockout, your plant won't drink, and that's trouble. Feed light, and if you have hydroguard, Roots excel, or something along those lines, use it to prevent pythium (root rot). Instincts may tell you to let it dry before you do anything else, but it will take much longer for the plants to uptake, and drink until it's corrected. You may want to throw slices of sticky traps on top too.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Day 17-19?. Feeding at .8- 1.0 ec. 4th run with the strain. Good yielder, and very psychoactive. Never had her tested. Fast finisher, as soon as I see some cloudy, I start flushing.
My last coco grow for me.

20180302 222558
20180302 222500
Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Why is there a $SSTYT next to my name on half my posts?

Polar510

Polar510

Just figured You were working out some kind of formula LOL.
Jumping over to soil?

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Just figured You were working out some kind of formula LOL.
Jumping over to soil?
Lol, see that?
Nah, back to Rockwool. Growth is so much faster, and just easier to work with all around. The directions say soak for 20 mins....big mistake. Keep soaking at 5.4 for 2 days.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Shit, didn't mean to hijack. I thought I was posting in Frostiest flowers.
Yup, ready for bed

Top Bottom