Help With Hydroponics: Root Rot? Algae?

• Thread starter PepperPotts
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

PepperPotts

Hey I hope I can get some help in here I'm really worried. So we have Girl Scout Cookies (fem) growing up on an Hydroponic enviroment. The things is that at the begining one leaf was weird... kind of wrinkled (since the begining) it wasnt that wrinkled so we didnt give it more importance. A couple of days passed and then we had to change the water and we saw ALGAE on the airstones and pipes. We cleaned up and search for solutions but our plant is really young so we thougth it wasnt such a great idea to apply h2o2 but we did put some homemade plate to prevent ligth leaks on the water. And next day we found some sort of root rot or algae rests on the roots. There are sediments of green-brown weird stuff and the root are no longer separated. So we read that it could be root rot and we should use some Hydroguard or Voodo Juice to provide beneficial bacterias and prevent the pathogen grow. If you look at the pictures can you recognize if its algae or somethung else?? Do you have tips/ideas of what can we do? I must add (and I think you may have realized because of my poor English xD) that we live in Chile and nutrients like Voodoo Juice, Piranha, Hydrogyard are really expensive (actually hydroguard you can only get by shopping on an international store)

Help with hydroponics root rot algae
Help with hydroponics root rot algae 2
Help with hydroponics root rot algae 3
Help with hydroponics root rot algae 4
Help with hydroponics root rot algae 5
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Damn! Hey hit hiesen up. He is dwc god around these parts
Why is your res so dark?
I’d get that cleaned ASAP. Go straight water and get her flushed out. What’s you water temp and what’s the feed ppm? Ph etc

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Damn! Hey hit hiesen up. He is dwc god around these parts
Why is your res so dark?
I’d get that cleaned ASAP. Go straight water and get her flushed out. What’s you water temp and what’s the feed ppm? Ph etc
@heisenbubble if you got a sec?
Also not an introduction..

H

heisen

That plant looks rough and why is the water foaming? Looks like dish soap or bleach got dumped in there.
That plant looks pretty bad but can probably be saved with the right stuff.i would transplant to soil and forget dwc unless you can chill the water and have access to bennies.
Pool shock or bleach would be the best other option diluted of course.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Switch to AEROponics, start with fresh nutes (and clean the tub) then trim the roots back, check pH daily, and watch them recover

TikTok

TikTok

What nutrients are in your water and ppm? Like heisensaid whatever is making the water foam is probably causing this.

And I had same exact wrinkle leaf issue that was from ph.

S

Shawnery

If you want to use hth pool shock you can go with a solution of 1gram of hth pool shock to 4 cups of water and use in res at 8ml per gallon. That will put you at around 2.5ppm of chlorine. Once you add it to your res let it mix and then pour it through the top so you drench the entire net cup. Reapply every 3 days till end of run because it ain't going away.

I actually tested this solution out ml by ml in a gallon of water to figure out the ppms of the end product, it's not a guess. Anywhere from 1 to 5 ppm is safe to use for people and plants.

Make sure you put the solution in a closed container because every time its exposed to air it the solution will weaken.

P.s. I dont know shit yet so take everything with a grain of salt but I have been using the exact setup and after 3 days I have new roots growing and pearly white.

GratefulOkie

GratefulOkie

Damn. Should I start a new thread? Or reply here and kidnap this one? Lol

Top Bottom