Help With Insulated Duct

• Thread starter Stevo160
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Stevo160

Hi. This is my first post on here and I'm getting things together for my first grow. All online I've seen that in order to drastically lower the volume of my fan I should use insulated ducting instead of regular.
I just purchased the master flow 6x25 insulated duct from Home Depot and I'm lost. The ducting is way thicker than I expected it to be and the pink fiberglass insulation seems to just be Gettingg everywhere. In the end I could only get the regular portion of the duct inside of my tent. Am I doing something wrong? Or did I by the wrong product? Am I better off just using regular ducting and hoping my fan won't be too loud? Not sure.
Note: I have a 3x3x6 tent with a 6 inch 440 cfm fan with a built in speed controller as well as a 6 inch filter. Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks

S

Stevo160

The whole thing? Including the outer Mylar material? Or just the inner wire ducting part??

incogneato

incogneato

The whole thing? Including the outer Mylar material? Or just the inner wire ducting part??
I cut the insulation back a little and just fed the regular part through the port and taped the insulation shut on the outside.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Stuff the insulated duct thru. If you need to, make a small cut to make the hole slightly larger.

S

Stevo160

Thanks a lot for the feedback everyone. I'm going to go ahead and stick to the insulated ducting and force it through. I won't need that much of it so I should be good.

This is how it looked coming out of the box.

IMG 0627
IMG 0628
IMG 0629
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Always seal.the metal.reinforced duct part 1st. Then tape or use a worm clamp on the insulated part. I use tape hvac tape only, not duct tape , and a worm.clamp on every duct attachment.

Top Bottom