Help With Lighting/temp Controller

• Thread starter Diesel21
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Diesel21

Diesel21

i think I’ve settled on 2 lights and 2 fans for my 4x8 setup. I am looking for a good controller that will do the temp/humidity and the lights and fans. I don’t really know where to start there are so many.

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

i think I’ve settled on 2 lights and 2 fans for my 4x8 setup. I am looking for a good controller that will do the temp/humidity and the lights and fans. I don’t really know where to start there are so many.
Do you need the fans to be quiet? If so, I recommend a Variac controller/transformer. You control your fan speed without chopping the voltage up like the cheap fan controllers most grow sites sell. Just goggle Variac controller. They are about 75 to 90 bucks for a small one.

Diesel21

Diesel21

Do you need the fans to be quiet? If so, I recommend a Variac controller/transformer. You control your fan speed without chopping the voltage up like the cheap fan controllers most grow sites sell. Just goggle Variac controller. They are about 75 to 90 bucks for a small one.

Diesel21

Diesel21

I was looking into mufflers for the in-line fans. But if I want to controller the humidity and temp/lights will this work?

Dbear180

Dbear180

Just buy a humidistat & a timer. Humidistat will kick fans on once a certain rh is reached.
Timer will run lights @ set schedule.

Might be $100 total for those two things. A growroom controller is too much money for what your trying to achieve.

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

I was looking into mufflers for the in-line fans. But if I want to controller the humidity and temp/lights will this work?
No. What I meant was just to power your fans. Mine run continuously and silently regardless of the speed I set them at, 2 6" inline vortex fans. It all depends on your set up, and how you plan to run it. You can easily do what Dbear180 mentioned.

Diesel21

Diesel21

Just buy a humidistat & a timer. Humidistat will kick fans on once a certain rh is reached.
Timer will run lights @ set schedule.

Might be $100 total for those two things. A growroom controller is too much money for what your trying to achieve.

Ok sounds good. So what about regulating the temp?

Dbear180

Dbear180

Ok sounds good. So what about regulating the temp?

Is your house cold? If not your gonna need ac. Can't cool a hot tent with hot air. Your humidity should always be higher in your tent than outside your tent because you have pots full of water in the tent, that'll keep your fans running to bring in cool dry air & expel the humid warm air.

Diesel21

Diesel21

Is your house cold? If not your gonna need ac. Can't cool a hot tent with hot air. Your humidity should always be higher in your tent than outside your tent because you have pots full of water in the tent, that'll keep your fans running to bring in cool dry air & expel the humid warm air.

Yes my house is cool. I do have a portable ac if I need it. So sounds like the temps should be fine by running the fans off the humidistat.

Dbear180

Dbear180

Yes my house is cool. I do have a portable ac if I need it. So sounds like the temps should be fine by running the fans off the humidistat.

Yeah I think you'll be fine.
I have a master controller & I only use it for fans & c02. My dehumidifier runs on it's own & my 2.5 ton ac as well.
The only nice thing about the master controller is it has memory of highs & lows so you can check what went on when you were away. But in all reality you can buy a ten dollar clip on thermometer & it has rh & temp high low memory capabilities.

Diesel21

Diesel21

Yeah I think you'll be fine.
I have a master controller & I only use it for fans & c02. My dehumidifier runs on it's own & my 2.5 ton ac as well.
The only nice thing about the master controller is it has memory of highs & lows so you can check what went on when you were away. But in all reality you can buy a ten dollar clip on thermometer & it has rh & temp high low memory capabilities.

Ok. Thanks a lot for your help!

Diesel21

Diesel21

No prob. Start a thread once your up & running. Lots of good people around here who can help you out along the way.
Now I just need some pots and soil. I’ve been researching for a couple hours on which type to use. Thanks again. I’ll be ordering my setup this week. Hopefully I’ll be going in 3 weeks

Top Bottom