Help With Og Bio Brew (formerly Cap's Bennie Tea) And Math

• Thread starter outwest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
So I started this thread with the intent of asking for help, but as I started to spell out what I needed help with, I was able to figure out what I needed help with, she here goes. . .

I've been using OG Biowar products (formerly Cap's Bennies) for a few runs now with great success. The only problem is that I've been WAY overusing them. It doesn't hurt the plants at all, but it definitely hurts my wallet (sorry Cap, I know it helps yours!).

The OG Bio Brew recipe listed here: http://ogbiowar.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/BIO-BREW3.pdf is for 4 gallons of brew which inoculates 320 gallon of water (at a rate of 1 cup of brew to 5 gallons of water). That's WAY more than I need, typically 10 gallons of water is the amount I need to inoculate.

So it would seem to me that if the stated recipe inoculates 320 gallons, and I need to inoculate 10 gallons (which in theory requires 2 cups of brew). I can cut everything by 1/32 correct?

If my deduction is correct, here's the OG Biowar Recipe for us regular guys who may only need to inoculate 10 gallons at a time.

2 cups of water
2 ml hibrix or molasses
3/8 tsp OG Biowar Foliar & Root
1.5-3 tsps of worm castings

During veg as an added vitality boost use 1.5-3 tsps alfalfa meal.

I guess my question at this point is how the fuck do I bubble 2 cups of brew? Can I just mix this amount with a gallon or two of filtered water and still dilute it with the remaining 8-9 gallons. Will it brew properly if it starts at such a strong dilution rate?

Thanks, farm.

outwest

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
So I started this thread with the intent of asking for help, but as I started to spell out what I needed help with, I was able to figure out what I needed help with, she here goes. . .

I've been using OG Biowar products (formerly Cap's Bennies) for a few runs now with great success. The only problem is that I've been WAY overusing them. It doesn't hurt the plants at all, but it definitely hurts my wallet (sorry Cap, I know it helps yours!).

The OG Bio Brew recipe listed here: http://ogbiowar.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/BIO-BREW3.pdf is for 4 gallons of brew which inoculates 320 gallon of water (at a rate of 1 cup of brew to 5 gallons of water). That's WAY more than I need, typically 10 gallons of water is the amount I need to inoculate.

So it would seem to me that if the stated recipe inoculates 320 gallons, and I need to inoculate 10 gallons (which in theory requires 2 cups of brew). I can cut everything by 1/32 correct?

If my deduction is correct, here's the OG Biowar Recipe for us regular guys who may only need to inoculate 10 gallons at a time.

2 cups of water
2 ml hibrix or molasses
3/8 tsp OG Biowar Foliar & Root
1.5-3 tsps of worm castings

During veg as an added vitality boost use 1.5-3 tsps alfalfa meal.

I guess my question at this point is how the fuck do I bubble 2 cups of brew? Can I just mix this amount with a gallon or two of filtered water and still dilute it with the remaining 8-9 gallons. Will it brew properly if it starts at such a strong dilution rate?

Thanks, farm.

outwest

Why dont you just brew it straight in the 10 gallons you will be using to water?

I prefer the full concentrated version when I do root soaks for my coco plants. The 1cup per 5 gallons is more for recirculating reservoirs to keep shit like slime away. Full strength is the way to go, if you can afford it.

PS you do not need to bubble to get them going, simply stirring the cup a few times a day should suffice. That being said you could do it in a cup no problem.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Why dont you just brew it straight in the 10 gallons you will be using to water?

I prefer the full concentrated version when I do root soaks for my coco plants. The 1cup per 5 gallons is more for recirculating reservoirs to keep shit like slime away. Full strength is the way to go, if you can afford it.

PS you do not need to bubble to get them going, simply stirring the cup a few times a day should suffice. That being said you could do it in a cup no problem.

Thanks, Cap. How frequently should a full strength brew be applied? Weekly?

outwest

S

sicinsane

i was thinking about brewing 2 gallons and dump it into 8 gallons of water or maybe 1 gallon and dumping it into 9 gallons of water? and also i think cap said somewhere to reapply every 2 weeks? im not sure.. but i also use 50ml liquid carboload for 10 gallons for every feeding as well

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Thanks, Cap. How frequently should a full strength brew be applied? Weekly?

outwest

I apply every 7-10 days if I can. a 5 gallon bucket of full concentrate tea goes a long ways, since I only add a little to each plant site. My sites are no bigger than a 3 gallon container. So If I used 4 cups per site then 4 gallons would do 16 large plants this way, or 64 1 gallon containers at a cup each. The quart containers stretch the solution even further.

Last night I used 5 gallons of tea. I dumped like half the bucket in to my MPB system for my initial bennie shock (first fill after cleaning the system). This may have been a little over kill. With the rest I watered all my veg plants pretty good with it.

My main veg table is 8x4 and is supplied with a 100 gal stock tank underneath via drippers. I change this water every 7-10 days. I add the 1 cup tea per 5 gallons the day after I do a res change. I water for 20 seconds every hour and I get very very good results in rockwool and in 50/50 coco hydroton. Doing it this way I could see the results after abotu 2 weeks. The fungi had taken over the green algae. There was lots of white and brownish fur on the tops of the cubes and the roots were INSANE.

I have no one way of doing things. I'm kind of all over the place with lots of different systems.

The good thing is it is pretty much impossible to overdo it, so I don't worry about adding too much.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Thanks, cap. Your open mind is appreciated. I think I've found a way to use your stuff at a rate that realizes the benefits of it high concentration for a garden my size without over doing it. If the plants are banging and I can go a little easy on my wallet, then I'm golden!

You touch on an important point about the tea brewing process. Mix it up dot always brew the same way twice. Variety and density of various microbial populations during the plant life uncle seems to keep things green and growing.

outwest

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Thanks, cap. Your open mind is appreciated. I think I've found a way to use your stuff at a rate that realizes the benefits of it high concentration for a garden my size without over doing it. If the plants are banging and I can go a little easy on my wallet, then I'm golden!

You touch on an important point about the tea brewing process. Mix it up dot always brew the same way twice. Variety and density of various microbial populations during the plant life uncle seems to keep things green and growing.

outwest

I like keeping my wallet well fed also. Thats why I found the bennies as a substitute for some other stuff.

click80

click80

If you go and look up some of the species you can see that they hit what is called a log phase at about 6-10 hours, some of ya'll know what that is, for anyone that don't that is the phase where are wide ass awake and replicating exponentially. Once I found this out I started experimenting with smaller batches and had great success, BUT nothing can beat doing a full strength add at least every 10 days. I do one gallon batches and add about 10 ml of Molasses and then at the 6 hour mark I add in 5- 10ml of molasses every 2 hours....approximately. You can go by smell to see also, that works fine too in my opinion. Just get a clean glass and take a little out when you first start it, cover it for a second to let the aroma accumulate and then get a reference snort. Do it again until you feel like you got it down. I learned that one from either the Teeming book or Dr. Inghams Compost tea book. It's really easy doing the sniff method if using cold processed fish emulsion.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
A few weeks ago I brewed my tea, diluted it, added a few goodies, then realized the plants didn't need to be watered. Threw some fungal food in and let brew another 24. No problems!

outwest

click80

click80

If you go to this link and towards the bottom is titled "give fungi a head start". I use that method but have subbed a few things.....I take two quarts of Alaskan Humisoil and two quarts of Roots Organic, I add in 3 tablespoons of the powdered baby oatmeal and about a cup of dried kelp meal (you can probably make a bunch of different substitutions) and then wet it down as instructed but instead of water I mix up one quart of ph'd RO water with about 1-2 ml Calmag Org, and 1/2 tsp of Biomarine (cold processed fish emulsion) or another time I used just 5 drops out of a pipette of Floralish, add in one or two teaspoons, or go totally nuts and add a tablespoon, of Nute pack and then let it sit for the three days in dark with a heat map and then I add that into one roughneck tote of my soil mix which holds about 2 cubic feet of soil mix. I can't really tell if it helped cause that run did like really good but I am sure it didn't hurt. All the hypha that form and are then broken up when mixed into the soil will (in theory) reproduce under the proper conditions. It's just like taking a tissue culture (cloning) mushrooms. I just did it cause it's fun to experiment with this stuff. I am also adding in the Root and Nute after I add that in and wetting it down and putting heat mats under it and letting it cool for two weeks. I have had some outstanding luck my last two runs.

http://books.google.com/books?id=r3ZsL47QiVQC&pg=PA155&lpg=PP1&output=html_text

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Ya know, I don't do any of that. Just try to brew with a constant rotation of ingredients and methods. The good news is that I'm having the same results as you are. Most excellent!!

outwest

HydroRocks

HydroRocks

What a excellent thread and information guys! Excellent!

My two cents are that during the veg and flower cycles, that you keep a batch "brewing" pretty much the entire time. This eliminated the problem of making too much as at first I would always brew a 5 gallon batch which is actually only 3.5 gallons of tea as I leave room in the 5 gallon bucket for foam and to keep things from spilling over the edge, and also keeps splashing to a minimum from the air stone...but instead of trying to use the entire batch up or store the batches, I would just use the tea as needed in the amounts needed, and keep the brewing tea brewing.

This eventually is what led to the evolving tea project currently under way, but for those not interested in that, you can still apply the procedure to your current set up.

Just use a 5 gallon bucket and fill with 3.5 gallons of solution and add food on a weekly basis, or a every 2 to 3 days basis depending.

Apply the tea once every 3 to 4 days, and replenish the 5 gallon bucket with however much water you used in your inoculating application. By the time your next inoculation application is due, the bacteria and fungi should have had enough time to reproduce and build the micro colonies back up.

Then add food to your 5 gallon brewing bucket ever 5 to 7 days accordingly. Being able to take a culture sample for examination is extremely helpful and takes all the guess work out of monitoring your tea, but you can use the famous smell test as previously mentioned to make sure everything is ok.......

For smaller setups and needs you could simply use a brewing bucket smaller than 5 gallons, but I would not suggest going smaller than 3 gallon brewing buckets, and brewing at least 2.5 gallons at a time. You should still be able to keep a batch brewing, and not waste any tea or powder.

Another advantage to this method is that it saves on money and makes the product from Capulator last longer as you only need to actually add more powder about every 3 weeks instead of every batch you brew.

If anyone is interested I can map out the exact schedule used of what was added and how much and when that could be used as a "guide" or reference point that you can use to create your own custom feeding/inoculating schedules.

It saves money and product and also IMHO you get a much more diverse and concentrated and more effective tea full of amino acids, proteins, and enzymes ect.....

I am most sure that having these compounds in your feeding schedule is what makes organically grown products "better" in aromas and taste as well as potency.

Be Well
HR

cheaplastic

cheaplastic

My two cents are that during the veg and flower cycles, that you keep a batch "brewing" pretty much the entire time. This eliminated the problem of making too much as at first I would always brew a 5 gallon batch which is actually only 3.5 gallons of tea as I leave room in the 5 gallon bucket for foam and to keep things from spilling over the edge, and also keeps splashing to a minimum from the air stone...but instead of trying to use the entire batch up or store the batches, I would just use the tea as needed in the amounts needed, and keep the brewing tea brewing.

This eventually is what led to the evolving tea project currently under way, but for those not interested in that, you can still apply the procedure to your current set up.

Just use a 5 gallon bucket and fill with 3.5 gallons of solution and add food on a weekly basis, or a every 2 to 3 days basis depending.

Apply the tea once every 3 to 4 days, and replenish the 5 gallon bucket with however much water you used in your inoculating application. By the time your next inoculation application is due, the bacteria and fungi should have had enough time to reproduce and build the micro colonies back up.

Then add food to your 5 gallon brewing bucket ever 5 to 7 days accordingly. Being able to take a culture sample for examination is extremely helpful and takes all the guess work out of monitoring your tea, but you can use the famous smell test as previously mentioned to make sure everything is ok.......

For smaller setups and needs you could simply use a brewing bucket smaller than 5 gallons, but I would not suggest going smaller than 3 gallon brewing buckets, and brewing at least 2.5 gallons at a time. You should still be able to keep a batch brewing, and not waste any tea or powder.

Another advantage to this method is that it saves on money and makes the product from Capulator last longer as you only need to actually add more powder about every 3 weeks instead of every batch you brew.

If anyone is interested I can map out the exact schedule used of what was added and how much and when that could be used as a "guide" or reference point that you can use to create your own custom feeding/inoculating schedules.

It saves money and product and also IMHO you get a much more diverse and concentrated and more effective tea full of amino acids, proteins, ect.....

Be Well
HR

Bro your killing it with the great ideas you've been dropping here on the farm recently.. Props!! :D
Im gonna try this tomorrow

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter

It saves money and product and also IMHO you get a much more diverse and concentrated and more effective tea full of amino acids, proteins, and enzymes ect.....

I am most sure that having these compounds in your feeding schedule is what makes organically grown products "better" in aromas and taste as well as potency.

Be Well
HR

HYDROrocks bringing the organic HEAT. Thanks, bro. I'd love your perpetual schedule and know of another farmer who would also love it!

outwest

HydroRocks

HydroRocks

Thank you for the kind words cheaplastic, but I should make note here that it is people like you and people like outwest, and Capulator and the many other members here that inspires me to want to help and to try and find new ways to improve our methods and the work we do for these amazing plants that has shown some of the most effective medicinal properties known to man and the earth. The other motivation/inspirations is when seeing or reading about how it helped someone sick get better.

If you have never seen MMJ at work up close and personal, you get a almost "divine" feeling about you, especially when it is someone close to you like a relative cured of skin cancer by simply using a lotion type product as opposed to the deadly cancer treatments with radiation that modern medicine would have you do instead.

This will change your entire perspective of things I assure you. I saw a single mother that was still a child herself practically, and had a very nasty brain disorder that made her studder and choke when trying to speak so bad that nobody could understand her at all. Her child of 2 years old was trying to learn to speak from the mother, the childs only teacher. One hit from a small pipe or vaporizer and this young girl could speak as fluent as a professional speaker.

Of course she was arrested for possession, her child taken away by the courts as she was voted "unfit" to be a mother with her nasty drug habit and all which consisted of one hit a day of MMJ from a small pipe. I think she said she used about a1/4 of an ounce every 2 weeks......she would not eat herself so she could have the money to afford the MMJ as she had to buy it off the street from some gnarly drug dealer, but this was a sacrifice worth it to this mother because it allowed her to be able to communicate with her 2 year old child at such a critical learning time in the young child's life. She said she would thankfully skip a few meals for herself and go hungry in trade for time she would get to communicate normally with her young daughter.

What a world....sorry for the off topic subject and post.

Be Well
HR

click80

click80

Thank you for the kind words cheaplastic, but I should make note here that it is people like you and people like outwest, and Capulator and the many other members here that inspires me to want to help and to try and find new ways to improve our methods and the work we do for these amazing plants that has shown some of the most effective medicinal properties known to man and the earth. The other motivation/inspirations is when seeing or reading about how it helped someone sick get better.

If you have never seen MMJ at work up close and personal, you get a almost "divine" feeling about you, especially when it is someone close to you like a relative cured of skin cancer by simply using a lotion type product as opposed to the deadly cancer treatments with radiation that modern medicine would have you do instead.

This will change your entire perspective of things I assure you. I saw a single mother that was still a child herself practically, and had a very nasty brain disorder that made her studder and choke when trying to speak so bad that nobody could understand her at all. Her child of 2 years old was trying to learn to speak from the mother, the childs only teacher. One hit from a small pipe or vaporizer and this young girl could speak as fluent as a professional speaker.

Of course she was arrested for possession, her child taken away by the courts as she was voted "unfit" to be a mother with her nasty drug habit and all which consisted of one hit a day of MMJ from a small pipe. I think she said she used about a1/4 of an ounce every 2 weeks......she would not eat herself so she could have the money to afford the MMJ as she had to buy it off the street from some gnarly drug dealer, but this was a sacrifice worth it to this mother because it allowed her to be able to communicate with her 2 year old child at such a critical learning time in the young child's life. She said she would thankfully skip a few meals for herself and go hungry in trade for time she would get to communicate normally with her young daughter.

What a world....sorry for the off topic subject and post.

Be Well
HR

I don't know if you personally know this lady but here is a link (i am sorry also for being off topic) for a story about the same thing happening to a father who won his case at the California Appellate level and it also lists the attorney. So there is now precedent on her side.

Link is here

First part of story.... Defense Attorney Lauren K. Johnson won a major court victory for parents who legally use marijuana for medical purposes last week in Los Angeles. In the case of Drake A. (case # B236769), Division Three of the Second Appellate District, California Court of Appeal ruled on December 5, 2012 that there was no evidence showing that the defendant, a father, is a substance ab user for simply being a legal medical marijuana patient

K

kushsmoker30

great thread outwest n hydrorocks kick ass advise, i my self had been wondering bout this 4 some time cuz of teas going anaerobic cuz plants not ready to eat but was too lazy to ask as i know it would require a long post. my probs been that not all my plants a ready to be wet at the same time, i would wet em all anyways n u can tell when a plant get too much water.

K

kushsmoker30

sooo is any else trying this? if so what u think so far?
i've been trying this out, after i 1st took out tea to use n replaced with water tea did not foam as much so i added a lil molasses n it bubbled n foamed. next day i took more out more tea n put more water in n tea looks pretty black not sure how i feel about it.

any other reviews help esp. if u r noticing anything happening good or bad

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

awesome write up hydrorocks! thanks for that man :)

outwest - I always water in my tea at a 50% dilution rate in coco- 5 gallons tea to 5 gallons water. I also add 1 ml/ gal. sea green and a light feeding of base nutrient, I keep it light enough to foliar with and usually will foliar the mix right before watering. Plants love it every time, I do it once a week. Thursday is tea day for me :)

bibbles

bibbles

You've given a number of suggestions about LPM for pumps, from the above zero on up to 80 at the website... 'sup with that? I have a 5 gallon water-bottle vortex-brewer I made, and I wanted to use that along with a 20LPM pump (GH Dual Diaphragm) because it's so quite... would that work?

Actually, I think I have three of those air pumps, so I could use more than one, though I was hoping to package them with some other equipment I'm getting rid of. :/

Top Bottom