Help With Russet Mites!

• Thread starter Gidgetinore
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Gidgetinore

Expensive and an unregistered pesticide, folks say it's leaving burn marks from the NON EPA approved inert ingredients....
I can only say, that I sprayed every other day for a good two weeks, then sprayed every three to four days up till two weeks before harvest. I used two tablespoons per gallon. I had ZERO negative affects. No burning of the leaves, no shock, nothing. It killed the Russet Mites, and by spraying on a regular basis, I was able to break the life cycle of the Mites. I harvested and there is no taste or smell. Trifecta is basically oils, garlic, clove, rosemary etc. Trifecta to the best of my knowledge, is 100%organic. I was able to have a very successful harvest, with each plant yielding 2+ pounds per plant. I grew o a large farm consisting of indepent growers. While others were battling mold and bud rot, I experienced none. I would strongly recommend that for anyone who is battling Russet Mites, trifecta is the way to go. The only thing I would do differently, is to not screw around with cheaper organic pesticides, and start using trifecta as soon as the plants recover from transplant shock, to prevent the Mites to begin with. Live and learn!

G

Gidgetinore

I just dealt with a huge infestation of Russet Mites in my commercial grow. The only thing that was able to really kill them has been Sulfur mixed with DE. There is simply no combination that will work as well as this. I have used everything mentioned above and I repeat nothing worked as well as this.

Stop feeding your plants for a week because the Russet Mites feed off Nitrogen. Mix Sulfur (2 tablespoon per gallon) with DE (pour enough DE that will make your mix a milky consistency) I used soap as a wetting agent - APPLY AS A FOLIAR SPRAY. The DE works after it is dry, the sulfur works on impact. Repeat this spray every two-three days. The results will be immaculate.

Keep in mind that this cannot be applied if you have sprayed any type of oil. In the case, that you have sprayed something with oil, such as Mantis, you will have to wait two weeks to spray this

G

Gidgetinore

I would agree with using sulfur, unfortunately since I had been using a less expensive oil product, I could not use the Sulfur. I thought about waiting the couple of weeks for the oils to wear off, but by then the temperatures were too hot to use sulfur.

Top Bottom