Help With Soil Mix/my Plans For Spring

• Thread starter Slowgrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Slowgrow

Hello all and thanks for your help. ok so I’m planning on growing 5 plants (wonder woman) this spring in 25 gallon smart pots. I plan on using super soil, but I am composting this year it is a anything compost so meat,dairy etc.. SO my idea is I want to add my super soil ingredients (includes lava rock an rice hulls)to my compost, let cook for 60 days. Then fill my grow bags 3/4 up with that then add potting soil to the top. I would start my plants in normal poting soil till maybe third node then transplant to big pots. So would this work? I’m worried it will be to hot and just burn them to a crisp.
This would be the beginning of no till ,living soil. Worms will be added and cover crop grown.

Smerb

Smerb

It will work. As long as the plant is healthy, transplanting should be successful. Plants only take what they can use. Nute tip burn is just a plant that's on that edge of too much nutes added. Less is more keep it simple stoner.

V

vagiboy1987

Here's the way to mix soil. Forget everything about this material or that material and base your media mix on this. You need equal thirds of 1. A drainage material. 2. A water holding material. 3. Organic material. Amend for PH. Feed by balancing your micro and macro nutes to suit your plants needs. If in flower use multiple kinds of nitrogen and veg nutes for flowering use flowering nutes. But always remember start low and go slow. Its better to give too little and need to increase nutes than to much and scorch or have to flush.

Top Bottom