Help With Soil

• Thread starter Slowgrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Slowgrow

Hello all and thanks for your help. ok so I’m planning on growing 5 plants (wonder woman) this spring in 25 gallon smart pots. I plan on using super soil, but I am composting this year it is a anything compost so meat,dairy etc.. SO my idea is I want to add my super soil ingredients (includes lava rock an rice hulls)to my compost, let cook for 60 days. Then fill my grow bags 3/4 up with that then add potting soil to the top. I would start my plants in normal poting soil till maybe third node then transplant to big pots. So would this work? I’m worried it will be to hot and just burn them to a crisp.
This would be the beginning of no till ,living soil. Worms will be added and cover crop grown.

MGG Nubie

MGG Nubie

Hello all and thanks for your help. ok so I’m planning on growing 5 plants (wonder woman) this spring in 25 gallon smart pots. I plan on using super soil, but I am composting this year it is a anything compost so meat,dairy etc.. SO my idea is I want to add my super soil ingredients (includes lava rock an rice hulls)to my compost, let cook for 60 days. Then fill my grow bags 3/4 up with that then add potting soil to the top. I would start my plants in normal poting soil till maybe third node then transplant to big pots. So would this work? I’m worried it will be to hot and just burn them to a crisp.
This would be the beginning of no till ,living soil. Worms will be added and cover crop grown.
That's some serious big pots. How much cured do you average in the end?

MGG Nubie

MGG Nubie

That's some serious big pots. How much cured do you average in the end?
I use 5 and 7 gallon, but I grow indoors in 3x5 closet conversion. Me and outdoor grows are no Bueno. Bugs, mother nature, and looky loos. Plus everyone in the area is popping beans and not killing their boys so my whole last grow was seeded.

S

Slowgrow

I use 5 and 7 gallon, but I grow indoors in 3x5 closet conversion. Me and outdoor grows are no Bueno. Bugs, mother nature, and looky loos. Plus everyone in the area is popping beans and not killing their boys so my whole last grow was seeded.
If done well you can get a pound + per plant, I watch a guy on YouTube named grow pot cheaply he does indoor growing he had a 3lb auto flower awhile back... I’ve heard stories of a pound in a 1 gallon pot but couldn’t confirm that.. I would love to do indoor grows but just not a option for me

Dunge

Dunge

Lots going on.
My thought is composting is mediated by biogenic heat.
Mixing will not improve heat.

Top Bottom