Help With Trichomes Please :)

• Thread starter KaylasKush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KaylasKush

KaylasKush

I think you have done a great job for a beginner. That you have learned skills along the way you will apply next time. Not everyone gets as far as you have this grow, enjoy the buds, they've been grown with love, that's obvious.

Thank you so much :cry:. That made me a little teary eyed. I’ve been dealing with a few know-it-all trolls on Rollitup and it’s made me hate asking for any help on these forums. You just don’t know what backlash you’re going to get for simply trying your best. But I need to remember that there’s a few arrogant assholes amongst hundreds who genuinely want to help. Shouldn’t let them drive me away. We all have problems and learn from them like you said :)
Thanks for noticing that I really do want the best for my plants. I can’t wait to grow next year with new knowledge, and to knock into bigger problems that need solving. It’s a fantastic hobby.

Dan789

Dan789

Kayla, We’re all learning Day by Day, believe me. Our mistakes reinforce what we’ve done right and illuminate what not to repeat, next time. Congrats on your grow.

Monster762

Monster762

Damn really? That’s pretty cool. I think I read about someone else doing that a couple days ago. Might give this a go.
However I can’t give them complete blackness for that period of time, the light through the window during the day will interfere. And it’s not worth buying a blind to put up now. Do I have to do that?
Also the water I’m giving them is pretty much already just below ice water as it gets to -3 degrees at night. Unless I put a few blocks of ice in and then take them out?
You don’t have to do the dark period at end.

brazel

brazel

what part of south af you from? You can score good herb on the train between cape and Durban for dirt cheap and them seeds are good!

brazel

brazel

Hey growers, so it’s been a little over 9 weeks of flower now and I’m still not seeing amber trichomes. I’m an indica girl and prefer more of a couchlock effect, hence patiently waiting to see a few amber trichs appear.
I understand Durban Poison is completely sativa and that sometimes 9 weeks is actually 12 weeks. So maybe it just needs more time.

My babies are inside as the weather is in the minus now. But even so, the soil on top was a bit white the other day so I covered the stalks with scarves (haha). I’m stuck between just harvesting now whilst they seem cloudy, and giving it a couple more weeks. I just fear for rot as even I feel a bit cold in the room they’re in. My mom is going to try and bring a portable heater from work.

I will upload some pictures that I took through the loupe (they’re not great, it’s difficult not to be shakey) and would appreciate if anyone could tell me if they seem on the milky side or not :) I’m not sure personally. Thanks in advance!
cut branches at different times to see what's the best for you. Cold doesn't promote rot

brazel

brazel

Sorry to reply again but I was just curious as to what makes you think it’s not ready?
If it’s the size of the bud please know it will not get any bigger as all my plants have small buds, the summer was awful.
I just checked out a gallery of “ready to harvest” plants and one of them are pretty much identical to mine.
Either way I’ll give it another 2 weeks as I’d like some amber trichs.
The leaves will tell you when it's ready typically. Your leaves look like mine, and I'm on day 5 of flower
What!? This is wrong info

brazel

brazel

Yeah the closer to harvest the more you want to get it done. I’m pretty patient with it though as I just want it to be the right time. As long as she needs, I will give :)
However I must say that I’ve watched various amounts of people on YouTube who have ready-to-harvest plants and they’re still vibrant green. Some strains just don’t get that leaf fade. I’ve been flushing them for over 2 weeks now (because I thought harvest was close) and the leaves don’t seem to have changed much even with that.
Nevertheless I know most strains do show when they’re ready by leaves so hopefully over the next 2 weeks I see the leaves change in colour.
Thanks!
That's cause flush is bullshit.

brazel

brazel

Seriously water them with cold cold water. If you plan to chop soon either way push the cold water once. Cold cold but not ice water. It will shock the plant to believe the end is here. It turned my trichs to pure amber in less than 48 hrs after doing it. They were about 20% when I hit em with the cold water. Hit once hard with cold water. Let the soil dry and lights out for 24-36 hrs then chop.
Myth

brazel

brazel

You have a lot of wrong info on this post. You're not gonna peak, you're growing in the wrong time of the year for outdoors in South af. If you're in j berg I can past your info to a buddy if you're south get on the train and pick up on the stop in the country between Durban and cape.

Monster762

Monster762

Cant say 100% that was the only thing. I dropped temps n pushed cold water. I have trich pics 48 hrs apart where you can clearly see the difference. But it could also matter how much the temp difference is. If your water is usually cold than might not do a lot but drastic temp change did something for mine. N leaves never turned as you can see.
65033A28 31DA 437E A05A FD554BBE5B53
286F8007 92CB 4CF1 BF48 9EE4053FF6CA
C77ED941 571F 4225 B1B4 0E8C31AFB36C

Monster762

Monster762

brazel

brazel

Cant say 100% that was the only thing. I dropped temps n pushed cold water. I have trich pics 48 hrs apart where you can clearly see the difference. But it could also matter how much the temp difference is. If your water is usually cold than might not do a lot but drastic temp change did something for mine. N leaves never turned as you can see. View attachment 762492View attachment 762493View attachment 762494
If that's what you believe then go further, find out why that happened. If you don't know why it's happening then you don't know that's what's happening ... correct? You're just assuming, do you agree?

Monster762

Monster762

If that's what you believe then go further, find out why that happened. If you don't know why it's happening then you don't know that's what's happening ... correct? You're just assuming, do you agree?
True. I can not garuntee that is what did it. So many things play their part. I was at the 10 weeks of 10 weeks breeder said too. I also did light tricks adding more dark time as I got further into flower. Ending with 14 hrs dark every day.

Monster762

Monster762

True. I can not garuntee that is what did it. So many things play their part. I was at the 10 weeks of 10 weeks breeder said too. I also did light tricks adding more dark time as I got further into flower. Ending with 14 hrs dark every day.
It was my first grow. I’m still learning too. But those are the changes I made. All temps got dropped at end. Air and water. People did tell me once I saw amber they would turn quick though. Without the cold water.

brazel

brazel

cold water shocks the roots not good, a plant doesn't make trichomes on the flower and leaves to protect roots!?! Some times you gotta step back and think from a different view

MW7945

MW7945

why would you get banned, we're here to learn if you know something share it!

That's my point.

"No that's wrong"

And then you add nothing on top of it.

You constantly show off your pile of books but I never see any pictures or valuable input. Then there's the constant shoving of the organic dick down throats. But that's not just you, that's most of the organic growers.

brazel

brazel

That's my point.

"No that's wrong"

And then you add nothing on top of it.

You constantly show off your pile of books but I never see any pictures or valuable input. Then there's the constant shoving of the organic dick down throats. But that's not just you, that's most of the organic growers.
That's wrong, leaves are not something to go by for harvest. There's too many variables to effect leaves.
I post pics, how's what I post not valuable? posting a pic of them books is valuable.

I don't shove it down throats!? Show me how I did

MW7945

MW7945

That's wrong, leaves are not something to go by for harvest. There's too many variables to effect leaves.
I post pics, how's what I post not valuable? posting a pic of them books is valuable.

I don't shove it down throats!? Show me how I did

Did I say it was the only indication of when a plant is ready? No. Is it one indication of a plant being ready? Yes.

You must grow oak tree sized plants by the way you talk.

Top Bottom