Help With Weather These Are Auto Or Not

• Thread starter Irishmick
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

Irishmick

Ok all quick run down for a first time grower.
I’m using 600W mh/hps in a 4X4X6.6 foot tent.
I thought I had bought white widow auto flower, but these plants are HUGE. I measured them today at 61 inches.
They are 10 weeks 2 days old right now.
I did switch the lighting to 12/12 when I thought they weren’t autos.
There are a ton of small buds and I’m hoping for a good harvest but being completely new to this I don’t have a clue to what they are.
If anyone sees where I need help please say so. Thanks all.

Help with weather these are auto or not
Help with weather these are auto or not 2
Help with weather these are auto or not 3
I

Irishmick

I thought I had bought white widow auto flower, but these plants are HUGE. I measured them today at 61 inches.
There are a ton of small buds and I’m hoping for a good harvest but being completely new to this I don’t have a clue to what they are.
By the way I got the seeds from “Ilovegrowing”

I

Irishmick

Yea my plants are taller than my light,lol. I wanted to make sure everyone knows this was my mistake! I bought photos not autos.
I went back and checked my purchase and sure enough I bought white widow photos. So now I just have to try to trim these big girls somehow.
Thanks for all the help.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
The tent is so full even supercropping will be useless :) but you can give it a try. If not you can always give up on some of the yield and clip off the tops i guess. If they’re touching or resting very close to light they’ll burn or bleach anyway.

I

Irishmick

I’ve got to research super cropping now. I’m a first time grower and don’t know anything,lol
Any help would be appreciated.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
You just bend and squish at the same time till the tissue inside the stem feels soft enough to fully bend without braking the skin, then tie it to the main stem it grows from to keep it there.

Phylex

Phylex

When did you flip, 2 maybe 3 weeks ago? I'm not a pro and I don't have any finished grows under my belt yet (still on my first), so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Definitely watch some videos on super cropping. There's a plethora on youtube. I personally liked the ones by HygroHybrid.

Now this is what I would do if I was faced with your situation.
1. Raise my light to its highest possible placement.
2. Measure the minimum distance allowable for my light and the top of the plants. I use a 1000w HPS, so for me, I use 16"
3. I'd install a SCROG net above the plants and slide it down as far as I could. Preferably 32" below the light, but in your situation, I'd probably be happy with 24" below the light.
4. Most of your branches look pliable still and you should be able to tuck and weave those branches through the net keeping them low
5. My main concern would be your main stalk. It's hard to tell from the pictures, but it looks pretty stout. That could be hard to manipulate. The woodier it is, the harder it is to manipulate and you run a higher risk of it snapping. I'd be very patient, take my time taking it slow, and pinch and squish where I want the bend. You do want to break down the fibers inside but carefully not tearing the outer skin. With a thick stalk, you will most likely need to break down a larger area of fibers, (Not just the area of the bend, but rather an inch or so above and below also.) For very sturdy stalks I've read you can gently use pliers to break down these inside fibers, but I haven't tried this method. If you try this, make sure to pad the tips of the pliers by applying a few wraps of tape. Worse case, if you accidentally snap a branch, and there's plant material holding some of it together, duct tape it. There's a good chance it will repair itself. It's not ideal, but not all is lost.
6. I'd defoliate and clean up some of the lower plant.
7. I've been super cropping and bending my plants every 5-7 days throughout veg. Granted I'm just beginning the second week of flower. Over growing my tent is what I'm currently trying to avoid. I have plenty of room still, but I'm also trying to figure out when I can stop tucking, weaving, and bending.
8. If I can't quite bend or weave a branch, I'm tying them down to the net in some form or fashion. I've used a combination of bailing wire, clothes pins, and that green plant tape. Once the growth holds the shape or direction I'm looking for, I remove the tie.
9. I'd want my plant height when I'm done, the same height as my net. Then I would re-adjust my light height to 16" above the plants.

That's what I would do. I wish you the best on your journey. Good Luck

Last edited:
Phylex

Phylex

Yea my plants are taller than my light,lol. I wanted to make sure everyone knows this was my mistake! I bought photos not autos.
I went back and checked my purchase and sure enough I bought white widow photos. So now I just have to try to trim these big girls somehow.
Thanks for all the help.
Any updates?
Any updates?

Monster762

Monster762

Thanks for all the help.
Holy chit buckle the seatbelt

Monster762

Monster762

Its a jungle out there.....lets see if the super cropping guys come to your rescue and concentate on getting those tops under control and the light lol..its a good problem and great learning from it..
I see a million marijuanas can be cut off of there to help a bit.

Monster762

Monster762

Thanks for all the help.
All good you made a good choice with the photos. Raise the roof

I

Irishmick

Update.
They are doing great. Have not lost much at all to the light bleaching.
The buds are almost doubling by the day. Height has stopped thank god,lol.
I’ve also been trimming them the last few weeks, and they seem to love it, but I want to be careful and not get too much at once.
I had to try this and holy shlt biscuits it is good. I’m about to go fire it up right now,lol.
I’ll post some pics soon. God I love seeing thos white pistols.

Top Bottom