Help??

• Thread starter smkyjoe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
smkyjoe

smkyjoe

Was wondering does this look ok it seems that its starting to go a lighter shade of green on the inside of the leaf

Help
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Looking at the soil and perlite I will suggest overwatering. The perlite should remain bright white and the soil looks muddy.

There is even algae growing. It's too wet. Let it dry out a few days until the soil is a lighter color and the pot is light.

I hope there are drainage holes.

Good luck.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

ok cheers il do that! What's algae?? Can that harm the plant

It's the green stuff growing on the bark and perlite. It's harmless but it is like mushrooms. It grows because the environment is right.

The problem with the soggy soil is the roots are drowning. They need moisture and space and air to uptake.

I water my seedling carefully and slowly without disturbing the roots as much as possible the first time or two. And it usually takes most of a week to dry out so the soil is lighter colored and the cup is light again.

Then repeat. Water evenly to a little runoff. This works well with good draining soil.

Some growers water a little everyday. But same effect. Moist soil with plenty of air space.

xenon730

xenon730

Looks like the start of ca problems from ph and the overwatering. do you have a ph pen? how often are you watering now? it's harder to diagnose a seedling but i reckon you were not only over watering but over watering with wrong ph.

smkyjoe

smkyjoe

Am watering with a ph of 6.2 and havnt started with nutes as am using biobizz all mix , I haven't watered since Saturday

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

MiMedGrower do you know if this look right leafs are starting to twirl

Seedlings do that sometimes while they get acclimated to the soil. And in the first waterings soil has not had its lime charged to bigger the ph yet. Takes about a week. I have read in Greenhouse guides and Grow books that it is better to start with unadjusted tap water to help keep the ph up in the first week or two.

Look to the new growth for improvement.

And most tap water and even my deep well water do not need ph adjustments to their source water. If it is not high in alkalinity it needs no adjustment likely in soil grows. The lime and peat in the mix buffer the ph. The water will just change to the medium ph.

My well water is 8.0 ph and only .3 ec. Or 150 ppm. It has never been adjusted.

Here is a shot of my veg tent last night. Plants are in ocean forest since sprout or clone and have had only my well water.
IMG 4949

The larger seed plant on the right need a little fertilizer I just noticed. Lol. The thickening dark green low fan leaf shows a lack of potassium. Early sign.

I only just started vegging plants past 6 weeks last few months. So I have not needed to feed in veg. I am noticing better flowers as a result of longer be times.

I am babbling now. Sorry. Good luck with your grow.

smkyjoe

smkyjoe

Cheers mate il giv it a week or so see if she sorts herself out n am using bottled water as I've found one with ph of 6.2

xenon730

xenon730

I've found its more about the fluctuation, not so much the ph number. i started seeds at 8 and they showed no problems, when i watered them with 6, they had huge symptoms from lockout. same with the other way around.

can you tell me more about your grow? just for curiosity sake.

I

Imdr

Looking at the soil and perlite I will suggest overwatering. The perlite should remain bright white and the soil looks muddy.

There is even algae growing. It's too wet. Let it dry out a few days until the soil is a lighter color and the pot is light.

I hope there are drainage holes.

Good luck.
help?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Read a Grow book?

This link provides dozens of them free.

http://catnews.org/FREE Pot Books/

There are so many variables. You should provide clear pics. And all of the pertinent information to the thread or a new one. And get Growers opinions if you want them.

I learned from books first.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Am watering with a ph of 6.2 and havnt started with nutes as am using biobizz all mix , I haven't watered since Saturday
I've found its more about the fluctuation, not so much the ph number. i started seeds at 8 and they showed no problems, when i watered them with 6, they had huge symptoms from lockout. same with the other way around.

can you tell me more about your grow? just for curiosity sake.
Its because your soil is hot... 6.8 in soil is a good start point.

Latest posts

Top Bottom