Help

• Thread starter Deerslayer22
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Deerslayer22

Deerslayer22

have been growing in bubble buckets for years but have to make some major life choices and don't want to just kill the mother plants I have had for a long time so I want to know if I can just switch the plants to a regular bucket with dirt and drainage or will they not survive the switch and just die on me anyways

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

have been growing in bubble buckets for years but have to make some major life choices and don't want to just kill the mother plants I have had for a long time so I want to know if I can just switch the plants to a regular bucket with dirt and drainage or will they not survive the switch and just die on me anyways

I'm not sure you can do that with a full grown mother from a bubble bucket. It's worth a try but I think I would grow a new mother from a clone and go directly to dirt and then try to convert the water mother to a dirt mother. That way, if the transplant doesn't work, you'll have a new growing daughter to become you new mother... This all assumes you have time to do that };-)

Deerslayer22

Deerslayer22

I'm not sure you can do that with a full grown mother from a bubble bucket. It's worth a try but I think I would grow a new mother from a clone and go directly to dirt and then try to convert the water mother to a dirt mother. That way, if the transplant doesn't work, you'll have a new growing daughter to become you new mother... This all assumes you have time to do that };-)
....... ya I have baby's of the mom started to go that way just the two moms are big moms and would finish nicely in natural lighting since it's almost middle of aug here at most all plants outside are starting to grow hairs so natural light has started to flip them over and it's either outside or dead at the moment so wanted to hope if I converted to dirt style growing if it was possible is all I wanted to know I have never made this type of switch and didn't know if it's even possible

Bannacis

Bannacis

You can probably prune some of the roots off, (lightly).
Make your soil mixture with perlite and vermiculite more than normal.
Also add a lot more drainage holes, even up the side of your pot a few inches. the more airy your soil is will help the roots assimilate. (Not the Borg way either...lol.) that way you can add a lot of water at first, cause its used to it. then slowly back off the water. maybe raise the lights some so that its need of water is reduced...less stress!
Good luck...

Leew421

Leew421

I would flood the soil and then add it in, shake or move the pot or bag so the roots settle. You may need a way larger pot so the roots can grow out

Deerslayer22

Deerslayer22

Thanks I'm going to check into these options I'm going to go to me local grow store and see what should be done exactly or how exactly I should do it and try it out tomorrow thanks for any and all the suggestions I'll keep you all posted as to what I did and how it worked out

Top Bottom