Helpppp What’s Wrong With My Plant!

• Thread starter Gracen89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Gracen89

hi all, I have done my research and honestly there is so many nutrient deficiencies, toxicities, ph issues and block outs that it’s only left me as lost as when I started! I have ph tested my plants run off and it seems fine (pictured below) but I haven’t started adding any in to the water as of yet so could this be a deficiency, I have general hydroponic flora set so should I start introducing that and see how it goes?
Also I recently moved them bit further away from the LED light as I feel they were not coping so well at that distance.
Only other issue is trying to keep the grow tent cool as some afternoons it is getting close to 30•c, my extraction fan is keeping it down most of the time to 26•c but I’m worried that still may be too hot? Opinions please

Helpppp whats wrong with my plant
Helpppp whats wrong with my plant 2
Helpppp whats wrong with my plant 3
Helpppp whats wrong with my plant 4
Helpppp whats wrong with my plant 5
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Welcome to, The Farm!
Many, many more info before anyone can even attempt to help you!
Soil Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones?
2. How old are your plants?
3. How tall are your plants?
4. What size containers are they planted in?
5. What is your soil mix?
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use?
7. What is the pH of your water?
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
11. How close are your lights to the plants?
12. What size is your grow space in square feet?
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
14. What is the pH of the soil?
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
16. How much experience do you have growing?

G

Gracen89

Okies I’ll try my best to give as much information as possible

They are ganja dwarf auto-fem grown from seeds

They are approx 5 weeks from germination

At the moment the are bit over 30cm one is slightly taller then the rest but they are only said to grow max 60cm

Not completely sure size of the pots I have but medium size plant pots

Soil mix is an organic soil mixed with perlite.

I haven’t been watering them much at all as soil still seems damp and I use two eater that I let sit for 24hr then ph balance if need be.

I balance the water ph to 6 to 6.5 to the best of my abilities

I have general hydroponic flora set but have not started giving plants any yet as they seemed happy with soil nutrients

No

10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
I have a 600w VIPARSPECTRA LED full spectrum light

Now they are approx 60cm away from light

My grow tent is 240cmx120cm

I haven’t got anything to measure humidity but temp is between 25 am at its hottest it can get to 30 degrees c

Ph of soil has been a little high at the 7 level but I have been trying to get it lower and the water run off is at 6

I did have little flies but sticky traps have seem to cut nearly all of those out

Zero experience this is my first ever attempt at growing and I am flying blind, figured I would just try and Learn from there as I go.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Nice, good answers. Looks like the beginning stages of potassium deficiency, possibly. I would start your nutrient regiment at this point. I would also check for bugs. Do you have a quality magnifying device?

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Okies I’ll try my best to give as much information as possible

They are ganja dwarf auto-fem grown from seeds

They are approx 5 weeks from germination

At the moment the are bit over 30cm one is slightly taller then the rest but they are only said to grow max 60cm

Not completely sure size of the pots I have but medium size plant pots

Soil mix is an organic soil mixed with perlite.

I haven’t been watering them much at all as soil still seems damp and I use two eater that I let sit for 24hr then ph balance if need be.

I balance the water ph to 6 to 6.5 to the best of my abilities

I have general hydroponic flora set but have not started giving plants any yet as they seemed happy with soil nutrients

No

I have a 600w VIPARSPECTRA LED full spectrum light

Now they are approx 60cm away from light

My grow tent is 240cmx120cm

I haven’t got anything to measure humidity but temp is between 25 am at its hottest it can get to 30 degrees c

Ph of soil has been a little high at the 7 level but I have been trying to get it lower and the water run off is at 6

I did have little flies but sticky traps have seem to cut nearly all of those out

Zero experience this is my first ever attempt at growing and I am flying blind, figured I would just try and Learn from there as I go.

Can you please upload a pic you took using flash or normal (non purple) lights.

Monster762

Monster762

hi all, I have done my research and honestly there is so many nutrient deficiencies, toxicities, ph issues and block outs that it’s only left me as lost as when I started! I have ph tested my plants run off and it seems fine (pictured below) but I haven’t started adding any in to the water as of yet so could this be a deficiency, I have general hydroponic flora set so should I start introducing that and see how it goes?
Also I recently moved them bit further away from the LED light as I feel they were not coping so well at that distance.
Only other issue is trying to keep the grow tent cool as some afternoons it is getting close to 30•c, my extraction fan is keeping it down most of the time to 26•c but I’m worried that still may be too hot? Opinions please

What soil and is it draining good? Personally I’d up the pots a little. Fabric bags breathe better too. That leaf looks like moisture issue that may be issue in future. Airflow ?

G

Gracen89

I’ll get a few pictures with just phone flash and bit closer so you can see more of the plants issues, but if it helps it seems to be all the tips that have spots I’ll try and get that in the picture

Phylex

Phylex

What I'm learning quickly is most issues are related to PH, and PH is the first thing to check when trying to diagnose an issue. Whether it's a miss-calibrated PH pen, or PH to high or low in medium, and or watering/feeding. Once you're certain your PH is in order, and there's still issues, turn left and proceed down the rabbit hole.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

The pH pic above looks like the pH is 5 ish. Is that the soil? Am I right in seeing 5-ish? (I'm partially colorblind) If so, that's likely the root cause (i love that pun). As mentioned above, soil pH wants to be 6.3 to 6.5 for optimal results. Lilly Soil Sweet is really good for raising pH gently, and is pretty cheap at Home Depot.

I use a $15 soil pH meter from Home Depot to check this, has solved a couple of problems for me.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Use your cameras flash. Usually you’ll have to turn it on manually but it will show much more natural colors and doesn’t require shutting your lights off.

A good quality ph meter can easily pay for itself in just avoiding frustration from not knowing. By not having one you’ll always pin the problem on that and many times it’s not even ph that’s the problem but since you can’t cross it off the list it’ll always haunt you until you get it figured out. Once you get the hang of your environment and conditions you’ll find yourself using it less and less. But that’s good. Because then you’re well on your way to growing dank in ideal conditions.

In this case ph very well might be your biggest issue. I like to keep my ph between 6.3 and 6.8. If it drifts a little lower I know to hit em with some liquid lime to bring it back up a tad. Nutrients are notorious for dragging down the ph of your soil or growing medium. In some cases it’s great, in others it’s not so great.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
What I'm learning quickly is most issues are related to PH, and PH is the first thing to check when trying to diagnose an issue. Whether it's a miss-calibrated PH pen, or PH to high or low in medium, and or watering/feeding. Once you're certain your PH is in order, and there's still issues, turn left and proceed down the rabbit hole.

Ph is one of the easiest problems to remedy. So it’s a great place to start.

But sometimes it’s an environmental issue and those usually require spending much more money to resolve. And they are usually harder to diagnose because many times the plant shows it as a nutrient deficiency.

If the plant isn’t transpiring enough the nutrients won’t get taken up by the root system. If the plant is perspiring too much it’ll take up too many nutrients and show burn or toxicity.

So your soil not drying out regularly is your first indication that the plant isn’t taking up the available moisture and in turn nutrients.

This is where VPD comes into play. By using a VPD chart you can figure out if your plants are transpiring too much or too little and make adjustments to either your environment or your feeding schedule.

In your case I think the problem is two fold. Ph not being in the ideal range but also the environment not being dialed in. Fix them and you’ll be well on your way.

Not knowing your humidity is like visiting a doctor and them not taking your blood pressure. They might know your weight but your blood pressure is also very important. So make sure you get a good hygrometer and use it. It’s a vital tool and without it you’re only getting half the story.

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Best investment you can make pretty much is one of those digital temp/humid units. They aren’t expensive and the ones that keep track of peak low and highs when your not in your tent are best

Latest posts

Top Bottom