Here We Go Again! This Time With Magnum Skunk.

• Thread starter Bathtubfarm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Does this look like an auto? I've been looking at the leaves, and they look a lot like the leaves on the autos. Three finger leaves, and the sarations are different from the photos I've been growing. When I planted it I just assumed it was a photo. It's a bag seed from some real good smoke my roommate bought. And here I've been training and pruning on it. It is about the same age as the autos. Only a few days older. Maybe a week tops.
It will tell you if its an auto by flowering soon if it is one.
A t5 light is pretty cheap compared to a led or brand name de or hps and they can be used from veg to flower just by buying different spectrum bulbs.

Smegal

Smegal

It will tell you if its an auto by flowering soon if it is one.
A t5 light is pretty cheap compared to a led or brand name de or hps and they can be used from veg to flower just by buying different spectrum bulbs.
well it is now growing fairly fast. It's an idk so I just assumed it was a photo. But that not bad because I have 9 more seeds! Also, I'll have to save up a little first but I'm leaning toward a black Diamond perfect sun led.

20170329 090636
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
You might be better off going with a timber framework, Im trying to move towards white Led as my full spectrum light didnt perform as well as white light.

Smegal

Smegal

Yes , when the remodel is complete the room will be sealed. That way I can augment with co2. The spectrum of the black Diamond is from uv through infared. It appears white. A little expensive but not as much as some others. And it comes with a light mover. The perfect sun 1000 has 6ft of penatration and competes with 1000w hids and uses only 525 watts. I got everything transplanted into 5gal buckets. I used the strawberry field soil. I don't see any signs of stress. In fact everything looks good.

20170329 090636
20170329 090603
20170329 090755
Last edited:
Smegal

Smegal

Everything is looking good. The skunks are getting bigger and all is well. I saw a bit of drooping in one last night but it looks good now. I've stopped messing with the small idk because it looks to be an auto. It's in a smaller pot but it will have to do because I have no more soil to put it in. But it's growing nicely.

20170330 110729
20170330 110750
20170330 110859
20170330 110742
Smegal

Smegal

Hey guys, I would appreciate a straight asnswer, and I know you will tell me. Are these plants smaller than they should be? I know cfls are not the the ideal lights and I've made a few mistakes but they look so small for going into week 4. I've been doing some reading and their is not a lot on super autos and their time schedules. Is the time schedule the same as regular autos or is everything a week or so later. Such as when preflower begin and so forth. When I Transplanted them their roots where just reaching the bottom and I saw no signs of stress. I mean they look good, just smaller than I was thinking they would be. They say that magnums take 77 days from seedlings to harvest and reach a height of 5 ft. and if that's right they will need to grow a hell of a lot in only 7 more weeks!

20170331 170032
20170331 170000
Smegal

Smegal

I did some comparing with some other growers of autos and came to the understanding that mine are on track. I feel better now. Last night I noticed that the two plants that didn't fit under the light were very unhappy about it. I had them at the end, only getting light from the side. They were all twisted up trying to get more light. So I moved them over and added my old t5. They are much happier now.

20170331 225128
Smegal

Smegal

20170401 224713

I had to raise the light to day. They are growing. One However looks like it may be a male. Its still to small to see in a pic on this camera but i will keep watch. Thats not entirely a bad thing as I do want some more seeds. And it is a bit crowded in here. So I can just let it go outside to finish. And maybe I'll put the small one with it for the seed. This fall I want to plant put some small clones outside to flower. Being small they won't be easy to spot, and I could place them in more places. So I put a trellis on the photo so I can pobigate some clones.

20170401 224917
Smegal

Smegal

Well I'm down one skunk. It's a boy. It's young yet so I'll wait to put him out until I see what others are male . The second batch was only 5 days behind so I should know soon. Meanwhile I'll set it to the side and make room for one of the other plants. You can't see the balls very good with this camera but I'll upload a pic anyway.

20170402 163045
20170402 163211
Smegal

Smegal

Well tomorrow starts week 3 and 4. Week four for the blue bucket and week 3 for the other three. The one under the blue bucket, if it's an auto is in week 5. However, there is still no sign of sex in any except the one male. And the little one is growing tall and with smaller leaves like the male so it may be a male also. The others are short with close internodal spacing so they are most likly female. We will see in time. They are growing faster now. I had to raise the light again. The one in the trellis is filling out nicely but has a ways to go.

20170403 150800
20170403 150749
20170403 150654
Last edited:
Smegal

Smegal

In the race for preflower the winner is...the runt. Maybe stressed by the root getting stuck in the peat pod caused it to preflower early. The others haven't made up their minds which way their going yet. This week though we should see some more changes. I had an infestation of fungus Nats too, but I fixed that with a spray of hydrogen peroxide and water. Still not sure if the one is an auto or not but it is looking more and more like a sativa. Other than that all is well. My phone camera sucks but you can see the pistols in this pic.

20170405 011148
jipp

jipp

They are startling to take off now.. iv only seen @MTBKush UK Cheese auto grow.. and you are right it grew so slow to start.. crazy but now the fucker has frost forming hah.

crazy autos. :D

chris.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
You should try small plastic trash cans for pots next time, they fit in small spaces much better and they dry out faster because of the tapered shape which makes the plants much happier.

Smegal

Smegal

Yes I've been thinking about alternative pots. Maybe burlap bags. The original smart bags. Nurseries have been using them for years. They do rot but should last long enough to complete a grow.

jipp

jipp

Yes I've been thinking about alternative pots. Maybe burlap bags. The original smart bags. Nurseries have been using them for years. They do rot but should last long enough to complete a grow.
iv read the problem with smarts bags is they do not dry out even. i have no clue if that is true tho. laughs.. made me buy plastic tho. * i have new smart bags , not sure what to do with them laughs*

Smegal

Smegal

I found burlap bags at tractor supply for 3 dollars for a pack of 50. They are about 3 gal. Cheap enough to try them. This fall I want to make a bunch of clones, veg them long enought to get some roots and spread them out around my yard. Single cola plants. Hard to spot. My yard stays about 3 ft deep in grass. If I put them out in groups, I can be harvesting them until late December. And the bags would be perfect.

Smegal

Smegal

Well the one I thought was male ,hasnt committed yet. But one of the others has. And I think k it might be hermied. So I separated it from the girls club. No other signs from the other two. So...I got one with pistles and one with pistles and balls, and three that hasn't committed. The plant I thought may be an auto shows no sign of preflower at all. It's really looking like a sativa or sativa dominant hybred. What ever it is , I like it. The photo is doing fine as usual.

20170406 031633
20170406 025458
Last edited:
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Well the one I thought was male ,hasnt committed yet. But one of the others has. And I think k it might be hermied. So I separated it from the girls club. No other signs from the other two. So...I got one with pistles and one with pistles and balls, and three that hasn't committed. The plant I thought may be an auto shows no sign of preflower at all. It's really looking like a sativa or sativa dominant hybred. What ever it is , I like it. The photo is doing fine as usual.
I only hope that I can be a cool old timer like you someday, coolest grandad ever...

Smegal

Smegal

I just saw I have two more females! I'm still waiting for the last one to show its colors. Everything is growing really good too. Had to raise the lights again. The bug man came to spray and got some on my plants! So I ran his ass out. It caused some burn on a few leaves but that's all the damage I could find. All is well .

20170407 132827
20170407 133014
20170407 132843
20170407 132853

Latest posts

Top Bottom