Here We Go Again! This Time With Magnum Skunk.

• Thread starter Bathtubfarm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Smegal

Smegal

Sometimes it seems the plants are growing so slow. But I looked back at the dates these were planted and realize it has only been a month and a few days since they broke ground or cloned! I measured the plants two days ago and they were 71/2 inches tall. Today the are 91/2 inches. 2 inches in two days! Amazing! The clone was just a slick 5 weeks ago. And it was March 6th the other idk was breaking ground. And after all the toping and pruning they're still impressive. The little runt skunk is out growing her siblings, and I have to raise the light every day. 2 of the skunks have me conserned a little as they are slow to commit to gender. They have pistels, but they are short. Makes me wonder if they too will herm. Only time can tell I guess. Looking at them every 20 minutes doesn't help either. But then a watched pot is slow to boil or flower in this case.

20170408 160002
20170408 155933
Last edited:
Smegal

Smegal

Well I have another male but I'm left with three females. And they are growing fast! I've been measuring and they have grown an inch each day just like they said they would. It's amazing! I put the male outside and destroyed the hermie. I do want to make some seeds so I'll let the male wait outside while the girls get dressed. Once I have some pollen then I'll get rid of the male. The idks are doing fine. The little idk is no doubt a photo as it would have preflowered by now so I started grooming it again for scrog. I guess that's all I got for now.

20170409 011418
20170409 011437
20170408 194328
Smegal

Smegal

Why are my leaves turning black? It's only on the top leaves. I thought it might be the light too close. But I moved it and its still doing it. I did a bit of research and found that dehydration or wind burn could be the problem. But that doesn't seem right. The fan is on low and not blowing the plants very much. And they are watered. It may be nothing but it's bothering me. I mean the plants look like they're doing fine. But the black doesn't look right.

20170409 011735
20170409 011838
Last edited:
Smegal

Smegal

I found a site that said it may be excess transpiation. The leaves were trying to cool themselves but we're out of water. So it appeared like over heating. I also noticed the margins curling up like teeth just like over heating. So I checked the soil and it was very dry. So I watered them real good and the color is starting to disappear. If that was it then it's all good again. It's strange though, the plants weren't wilting like they needed water. But the soil was bone dry about 3 inches down. I'll have to be more diligent with the water. I was haveing an issue with over watering and got nats, so I backed off. Too far I guess. Well it's good now.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Why are my leaves turning black? It's only on the top leaves. I thought it might be the light too close. But I moved it and its still doing it. I did a bit of research and found that dehydration or wind burn could be the problem. But that doesn't seem right. The fan is on low and not blowing the plants very much. And they are watered. It may be nothing but it's bothering me. I mean the plants look like they're doing fine. But the black doesn't look right.
What strain is it? Some strains turn that color, or could be low temps.

Smegal

Smegal

What strain is it? Some strains turn that color, or could be low temps.
They are magnum x skunk. The Temps have been between 78 and 80 day time and near 90% rh. I took Into account wind burn and redirected the fan a bit. And although there is still a little discoloration, the black has faded. The dicoloration was on more places and it seemed to be where the fan was blowing on them. Which would have increased transpiration. Basically wind burn.

Smegal

Smegal

The one I've been calling the runt is now out running the other two. So I started LST on it. I've been debating whether to scrog them or not. The other two look so good without that I hate to mess with them.
I'm going to have to make some more room soon. Right now it's like 4 people Sharing a twin size bed! I think I'll move the t5 across the room and put both of the photos under it so I can make more room for the autos.

20170411 162741
20170411 162828
Smegal

Smegal

Just a little update. Nothing really to say, everything is going great. They are growing fast and I'm pleased.
soon they'll be tall enough that I don't have to raise the lights or kneel down to see them. I havent been logging their height so far but I will from this point on. They are 14 inches tall now at day 3 of week 4.

20170413 132610
20170413 132624
20170413 132640
jipp

jipp

looking good. i notice the same black spot like in your picture.. i had the LED to close, and probably not enough wind.. for the larger plants. so yeah. bugged me too.
hard to see but same kind of dark spot showed up. since raised the light and adjusted fan so the larger plants get more air flower over there leafs. but leaf burns no go away. :(
IMG 1518   Copy

Smegal

Smegal

I've found that out. The black on mine faded a bit but it's still there. It hasn't gotten any worse though since I moved the light and fan. I've never had that before and couldn't find anything on my charts about it. Yellow, brown, even dark green but black? Well their fine now and I learned something, a win win.

jipp

jipp

I've found that out. The black on mine faded a bit but it's still there. It hasn't gotten any worse though since I moved the light and fan. I've never had that before and couldn't find anything on my charts about it. Yellow, brown, even dark green but black? Well their fine now and I learned something, a win win.
good morning. yeah the whole tip where the black burn started is now dead.. imagine dead leaf color in fall..

glad yours came back.. mine could of been to far gone. my eyes are not so good yet.. so yeah.

glad yours recovered.

hope you have a great day.
chris.

Smegal

Smegal

Very good tnread! Lots of great info there. I book marked it for reference. Thanks !

Smegal

Smegal

I transplanted the small idk today. It wasn't root bound yet but the container was too small. It's roots were starting to go around the bottom. I topped the roots and put it in a 5gal bucket. It should reform more roots to fit the new environment now and get bigger. The skunks are growing nicely. They are 16 inches now! All of the side branches are keeping up with the main stem and looking real good. The large idk is starting to grow some clones. Autos are, for the most part, hands off. But the photos give me something g to play with while I wait. I will grow the clones for the fall planting outside. Everything is going great.

20170414 143819
20170414 143708
20170414 143730
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I had a sugar black rose plant and almost the whole plant turned jet black, could just be genetics. You might have a dark purple/black plant there.

Smegal

Smegal

That would be so cool! I was looking at different strains last night and saw one called rainbow kush and fuity pebbles. The rainbow was very beautiful with red and blue leaves and the fruity pebbles had beautiful buds. And one that was a Russian something that was black.

Smegal

Smegal

I built a small scrog trellis for the small idk. It will fit the footprint of my cfls. Hopefully I can get the trellis filled enough by the time the autos are done. then they will go to flower next.

20170415 213657
Smegal

Smegal

Tomorrow starts week 5. Just 35 days and they are 20 inches tall. They are healthy and looking great. The small idk got topped again last night and already the secondaries are starting to fill in the center . Soon there will be 16 sprouts filling the net. If my timing is right it will be filled and ready to flower as the autos are finishing. There are a few clone candidates rising on the big idk but they're not big enough yet to cut.

20170417 172710
20170417 172609
20170417 172550
20170417 172500
Smegal

Smegal

Growth is absolutely amazing! The autos are 23 inches today! Yesterday they were just 20 inches! I have noticed the top crown is starting to develope. I hope it doesn't take off like a spike. If it does I'll have to LST that raskle so I can keep the light close to the canopy.

20170418 114935
Top Bottom