Hermaphrodite Seeds?

• Thread starter mauiinfinity
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mauiinfinity

mauiinfinity

I always wondered this? If a plant hermaphrodites and pollenates the same plant are those seeds feminized?

str8smokn

str8smokn

Those are str8 hermy prone from what I've read. You want the seeds off of other plants that have been pollinated by hermy, they are supposed to be female. That's just how I've gathered it.
STR8

symbiote420

symbiote420

That all depends on if the female plant produced pollen earlier or later towards the end of flowering.... if the former yes they'll be hermie prone, if the latter they're "natural" fems and should produce mostly female seeds. If you're referring to any of the gear you got from you know who I probably wouldn't be taking any further risk with em bro!

mauiinfinity

mauiinfinity

Ok so Im getting mixed answers on this... lol Is there a good thread or article on this that I can read up on.. @symbiote420 yes we are talking about you know whos gear... I am not going to touch any of the herm plant strain but it did pollenate a few other girls just a few seeds and wanting to ah shit I dont know why I would even want to mess with these. crap I guess its cause of all the love for the plant and life in general...

420circuit

420circuit

This is a good question, and the advice that I got, from a few experts, is to toss hermies unless there is an exceptional plant involved, because the hermies plants can cause so much trouble in the garden with accidental pollination and seeds. The advice was that it might be possible to find a plant that doesn't herm in a batch, but that you would have to germinate and flower dozens or hundreds to find one that doesn't. Even if you find that one it will carry the herm gene, so probably not worth the effort. Because environment can cause hermies, you do need to be certain that isn't the cause. Good luck!

brock1

brock1

cannabis is male/female no real thing as a male or female well maybe 1 in a 1000 Or so but their really rare. So all cannabis is hermaphrodite in it's sex. Thing that stops a plant expressing male is it's ability to produce ethylene plant hormones. When you grow a plant and it's shows all male flower's it's because that plant doesn't produce ethylene gas. If a plant shows all female flowers it's produces enough ethylene gas hormones. Now if Ia plant produces both male and female that plants has a genetic hormones imbalance. To produce a female population you have to take 2 plants that produce a lot of ethylene gas hormone and breed them but they both only produce female flower's? You have to stop one of the plants producing ethylene gas by using chemicals sts, silver nitrate, ect. Them the plant will have no choice but to reverse sex expression and produce male flower but all seeds produced will generally produce high ethylene gas producing plants. Natural hermaphrodite plants shouldn't be used to breed because they have a hormone unbalance.

soserthc1

soserthc1

OK I'm still confused
If the plant or the female plant went herm by producing male organs that pillibated a female plant next to it in a room . would those seeds be fem or both sex's
I would think possible to be either male or female ?
I'm aware you dont wanna use these seeds but that was the ops original question ?
But you have a thread dogging the herm gear to begin with so its not plausible to use seeds from that as what would you name that thread after they hermed
Something like kick me I'm an ass. ... Lol .

420circuit

420circuit

Hahaha, this subject still gets me weirded out because there are so many theories about what is really going on when we see nanners. At the risk of over simplifying, or being wrong, or both... if you have plants throwing nanners, and they were not caused by the environment, then you should toss the rest of those seeds because their genetic makeup is bad. Maybe toss them into a ditch. in springtime. I think that really covers it.:D

str8smokn

str8smokn

Ok when you spray a female plant with silver nitrate are you not stressing the female plant out to cause both sex? The plants that were pollinated by said hermy should by theory be female but like all feminized seeds there's a possibility of herms.
Do like 420circuit said and toss seeds outside next season and see what happens. Don't do by your grow just in case though.
But again I'm still learning everyday.
STR8

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
if a plant is a female it only has the X chromosome for a plant to be male it would need the Y. so no matter how you do it if the plant is female it can only produce X chromsome offspring. if the plant is very hermie prone you may produce hermie plants that look male but i havent seen one yet. i have seen females that hermie but not just a straight male.

so yes if you take a female and reverse it anyway stress light or chemicals the offspring will be females

brock1

brock1

if a plant is a female it only has the X chromosome for a plant to be male it would need the Y. so no matter how you do it if the plant is female it can only produce X chromsome offspring. if the plant is very hermie prone you may produce hermie plants that look male but i havent seen one yet. i have seen females that hermie but not just a straight male.

so yes if you take a female and reverse it anyway stress light or chemicals the offspring will be females
bro that's so wrong I used to think the same but cannabis is more like this xyxx because it's a hermaphrodite specie's if you have a xy male plant then you have a 1 in a 1000 plant same with a true female xx. If you treat a female plant with sts or silver nitrate it does cause stress but that's not what causes the plant to change sexual expression. The sexual expression changes because of the silver reacting with the glands that produce ethylene gas ( female plant hormones ) if they can't produce hormones that simply can't female but the gene's don't change you still breed 2 plants with gene's that produce high levels of ethylene.

to answer the main question asked hermi expression plants produce a little ethylene not enough to be female and to much to show male or react badly to environment factors and produce high levels stress out and stop. Ether way these are undesirable and you wouldn't want unpredictable hormone producing gene's breeding into a strain unless your growing hemp. High hormone producing plants produce higher levels of thc glands with is why people don't grow male expression plants to smoke.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
bro that's so wrong I used to think the same but cannabis is more like this xyxx because it's a hermaphrodite specie's if you have a xy male plant then you have a 1 in a 1000 plant same with a true female xx. If you treat a female plant with sts or silver nitrate it does cause stress but that's not what causes the plant to change sexual expression. The sexual expression changes because of the silver reacting with the glands that produce ethylene gas ( female plant hormones ) if they can't produce hormones that simply can't female but the gene's don't change you still breed 2 plants with gene's that produce high levels of ethylene.

to answer the main question asked hermi expression plants produce a little ethylene not enough to be female and to much to show male or react badly to environment factors and produce high levels stress out and stop. Ether way these are undesirable and you wouldn't want unpredictable hormone producing gene's breeding into a strain unless your growing hemp. High hormone producing plants produce higher levels of thc glands with is why people don't grow male expression plants to smoke.

have you ever made or grew out feminized seeds? i have reversed 3 differnt strains and not had one male yet. Im willing to bet raskal has had over 20,000 seeds popped without any males. Devine gentics, CSI: humbolt here have sold thousands of seeds there is no males coming from female plants. there are 2 alles on each of the chromosome and marjijunan gets a chromosome from each parent male and female, since there is no male parent when you reverse a female plant there is no way to get the Y chromosome. the offspring cannot be XY only XX. If this was not the case there would be reports of tons of clone only males by now.

brock1

brock1

have you ever made or grew out feminized seeds? i have reversed 3 differnt strains and not had one male yet. Im willing to bet raskal has had over 20,000 seeds popped without any males. Devine gentics, CSI: humbolt here have sold thousands of seeds there is no males coming from female plants. there are 2 alles on each of the chromosome and marjijunan gets a chromosome from each parent male and female, since there is no male parent when you reverse a female plant there is no way to get the Y chromosome. the offspring cannot be XY only XX. If this was not the case there would be reports of tons of clone only males by now.

Over the year I started with natural fems made with late hermi females and used them to make seeds to grow for sensi. Later I tried seeds that were regular, reversed sex with CS, STS, even revealed males. I have been growing fem seeds 20 year so to answer your question yes I have experience and read a lot on this subject to. In 20 years I have had 1 true female that wouldn't reverse. So a cannabis plant that is xx is really rare to find poping seeds fem or regular. Nearly all cannabis is genetically hermaphrodite not male or female but both that why cannabis reverses sexual expression so easy. If thier was no Y in female cannabis then you couldn't reverse them to produce male flowers that wouldn't be possible. Genetically that plant couldn't make male flowers to make female sex expressing seeds. I have been growing 20 year without a brake to give you a idea of the numbers I have grown over the year's.

brock1

brock1

I do think you are reading my post wrong probably due to me being night to much and not being good with punctuation. I agree with that your saying in my post 100% female expressing population can be breed from 2 high ethylene producing parents. But female expressing plants are not generally female plants otherwise they couldn't produce male flower's because they don't have the male chromosome. Cannabis sativa as been breed to express 1 sex or thee other for thousands of years but over all these years it's asexuality still remains the same.

dankninja

dankninja

as far as I know, all cannabis is hermaphrodite to begin with in its natural state. provided the genetics have been worked at all, the plants will determine their own sex once maturing. if you have a large number of femmed or hermie-borne seed, there will be pure females in there, but in very low pcts % out of a large population.

C

Chief Rick

I found a hermaphrodite branch on my flowering Sour Diesel. It looks like the rest of the plant is okay. Since I didn't want to ruin my crop, I cut the branch off. I snapped a pic so you can see what it looks like. I read in an earlier thread that the seeds produced mostly female plants, but a certain percentage of hermies as well, and even a few male plants. It would be a fun experiment, but I want my buds to be potent.

Hermiebranch
lino

lino

PM me and I'll explain the science and what is going to happen to your offspring. Recent discovery found a gay gene in cannabis that I spoke of years ago.

brock1

brock1

lino why cant you post it here? A gay gene really? Are you homophobic I gotta ask because how can something that's not male or female be gay or lesbian?

lino

lino

lino why cant you post it here? A gay gene really? Are you homophobic I gotta ask because how can something that's not male or female be gay or lesbian?
I feel kind of ignorant, I have to remember. This site sells seeds and frowns on trade of genetics, so this is not a complaint, its an explanation.
Hermy gene, gay gene , whatever political correct term science comes up with, I'd use the (expdaldoshus and M32Z7b 33 all made up terms) to show that crap dont mean anything to the average mental consumer here. So to be blunt in using laymen terms can be offensive and posting pics of cannabis plant and animal trade to make money is not cool with seed distributors who follow the rules of this site. And bad mouthing the reality of strain is not cool of me either, even in the name of science, So I get the Mods points of view to my censorship even tho they lack the ability to express themselves without insults I will still try to respect there job as Mods. Got to let em feel their power over you as an offering of humility and humbleness and respect,,, who am I fucking kidding , you leave your country , you aint got no country, lol, ya see you dont want my offerings, I get banned just like many want to do to Trump but I aint got 10 billion so I get banned if I spill the beans, no pun intended, I was speaking of information not beans+ ,

Its science now and I'm not allowed to speak of this on this site. All my post have been deleted.
DELETED post, threads, and Ive been banned, told to keep my mouth shut, go post on Facebook, and the last Mod said I'm childish so thats why. parts or all of my material is gone. My information is not worthy of the scrutiny.
Things I am unable to talk about here:
If I post animal or plant samples photo's, lab address,
how to profit from plant and animal specimens ,
give an ethics primer so we can talk bout this in scientific terms and I use offensive thoughts towards unethical breeding practices,
any recipes or ingredients,
any talk of science on the gay gene, hermy gene, maybe I'll think of something nice to say soon.
dom and rec in race,
But I'm censored on this site. I teach ethics thru scripture , Well cause religions is ethics and they define all the terms used in the science of the hermy gene, gay gene, indecisive gene, I'm trying to thing of polictical correct terms,,, selective gene, em how bout the Pride gene, gender identity gene ,,,, IDK how the hell can I calm the a primitive mind, my lectures are venom who deny science and Farmers sell genetics here so we got to respect everyone smart guys , dum ones and indifferent people,,, oh and we need to respect the guys like me, ignorant guys need luv to...lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom