Hermi Seeds. What To Expect? (sog From Seed)

• Thread starter Lorisss
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lorisss

Lorisss

Hi all :) I have some questions about seeds from hermi pollen.
Last year a friend of mine started 2 projects indoor and outdoor. One of indoor and one of outdoor females turn hermaphrodites and the rest was only females so the both hermis (in and out) pollinate the rest of the plants. So I started to grow those seeds and i don't know what to expect from them.
I read about hermis pollinate itself turns 80% hermaphrodite but if the hermi pollinate a female plant the seeds they will produce will turn feminized?!?

I'll attach photos of the indoor cross combinations and pic of the plants im currently growing(day 16(12/12 from one week)).

P.S. Sorry for my english
b28b2050ee736dcb.jpg

40bd29f5c7f8fbe5.jpg

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
When you say they hermied, I'd be curious to know more precisely what occurred, as there are variations on the theme of hermaphroditism.

Lorisss

Lorisss

A friend of mine grow them so i don't know any extra info but i tried the final product which have some seeds in it but was great expirience. So i decide to grow them. What about feminization by the hermi pollen true or mith?

Pictures of plants
acb46e4eff41b33f.jpg

626ee945fb408006.jpg

Last edited:
primordial

primordial

I love threads like this, expect the unexpected, like preparing to be surprised hehe. So I have a special interest in hermies and will have a seat if that's cool @Lorisss

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
A friend of mine grow them so i don't know any extra info but i tried the final product which have some seeds in it but was great expirience. So i decide to grow them. What about feminization by the hermi pollen true or mith?
I honestly don't know enough about how feminized seeds are created (let alone whether or not they're truly "feminized") to be able to say.

I ask because of my own experiences with hermaphroditism. If the plant hermied later on in flower, continued to grow female buds instead of switching over to growing male flowers, then I think you'll be ok here and may even get some very good results.

Lorisss

Lorisss

I honestly don't know enough about how feminized seeds are created (let alone whether or not they're truly "feminized") to be able to say.

I ask because of my own experiences with hermaphroditism. If the plant hermied later on in flower, continued to grow female buds instead of switching over to growing male flowers, then I think you'll be ok here and may even get some very good results.
I guess i'm waiting for good results then but time will tell its novelty for me to grow SoG from hermi polen seeds.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I have about 25 gorilla glue x strawberry cream. my CSG strawberry cream hermied on me and douched my glue. I popped 2 of the seeds the glue produced, but culled them and tossed the remaining seeds in the bin. its not worth (to me) to lose another entire crop from a hermie plant.

and FVCK connoisseur genetics, their genetics are SHIT!!!!!!

J

jinxjj

I have about 25 gorilla glue x strawberry cream. my CSG strawberry cream hermied on me and douched my glue. I popped 2 of the seeds the glue produced, but culled them and tossed the remaining seeds in the bin. its not worth (to me) to lose another entire crop from a hermie plant.

I agree man, i will be getting rid of my shady unknow genetic plant as soon as i get some solid genetics. Not worth ruining your good plants becuase of a shit herm.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

ruining them, LMFAO. I ruined an entire 8x12x7 room. 9, 6' gorilla glues that would normally yield 4+zips per plant are fvcked. looks ill be obtaining meds for my patients from my buddy for 2 months now. don't trust FEM seeds, and don't trust hermie seeds from a fem plant douching.

J

jinxjj

Herm is like a kick in the nuts after busting your ass for months!!!!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl

Hrm... my Chemwreck came out pretty nicely.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

well myself and another member on the rag both popped the same strain ,same fem seeds, same exact everything minus soil/nutes/lighting, he is in another stste across the USA. BOTH of our strawberries hermied and produced seeds on 2 of 4 plants that we germinated. so FVCK CSG!!!!! that have shit for genetics. ive since SOLD all the remaining strains (seeds) I bought from them. I will never run CSG strains ever again.

Lorisss

Lorisss

Please give me advice. To keep growing them or not...What to expect buds or balls? The mother seeds are from DNA Genetics,Medicann...

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I didn't notice mine hermie'ing until it was too late. I mentioned above, it ruined (as in barely good for a hash pile) 9 MONSTER gorilla glues that would/should (7 cycles always harvested 4+ z per plant) HAVE yielded 4+ zips per plant. that's 36 ounces x215.00 per ounce = paying my building lease, power costs, soil costs and my time. looks like im going BROKE for the next 11 weeks until the next harvest. so as you can see my HATRED for CSG at this time.

you do what you need to do. ill never run another CSG strain again. I did find 1 keeper strawberry. im giving it 2 more runs in the flower room to produce adequate medicine or its in the bin she goes.

Wisher619

Wisher619

I saw an article written by Soma in High Times where he talks about Fem seeds....He said he waits for his plants to throw nanners by extending his growing beyond harvest...collects the pollen from said Herm Nanners and pollinates the other fem of same cut...which will then produce Mostly fem seeds...Usually plants only herm if they are stressed in some way ( for that genetic) some plants are very finicky...or left longer than harvest...anyways...true Herms will show up immediately and you won't have to worry about them...just like males you toss them...true Herms will never ruin a crop...because at the onset of sex they will show both male and female at that time....in any case grow them and keep a watchful eye...if you are not a commercial grower you will probably be checking your plants at least once a day and a small grow will be easy to detect...if any have swung that way....and if you do find one....grow it out...collect the pollen...back cross to the clone that you hopefully cut from one of the other plants as it is always good to take cuttings before flower to make sure if you like one plant you can save it and keep cloning...blah blah blah.....make sure that the plants that you are chucking at shows similar growth and flower...those seeds will be fem seeds of that genetic...a very basic and small scale deal but to me....is pretty fun

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I normally get clones from reputable people, and have grown 5 strains from FEM seeds (barneys farm is awesome, no hermies) and NEVER had a hermie from those fem seeds or any other plant ive gotten from said reputable person.. the hermie plant in question was from connoisseur genetics and was a FEM seed (strawberries and cream (kyle kushman strawberry cough x the white)).

it wouldn't bother me that much if this plant only hermied in MY garden, but these shitty genetics hermied in TWO different growers gardens states away, both popped same time (+/- a few days), and both hermied with in 5 days of each other. sorry, but I do NOT believe in coincidences at all.

I have ZERO light leaks, pretty near perfect growing conditions, my nutes are spot on, my ph is always perfect 6.2-6.4, my temps are always spot on, great air exchange in my room, nothing that would make a plant hermie but the genetics.

Wisher619

Wisher619

@DemonTrich I wasn't really referring to your grow habits as apposed to the genetics themselves...also to keep in mind if not done how I described....if using chemicals to induse herm or fem seeds...which is usually the case of bitty fem seeds...but to answer the q of should I grow my herm seeds...my answer is above...absolutely...and as I stated real Herms will show immediately....natural nanners thrown during the middle or end of growth cycle is natural....we only have in recent years been able to...with selective breeding slowly breed out the natural instinct but as time passes and more hybrids are made that instinct will slowly show back up....just the way life goes

Latest posts

Top Bottom