Hermie/male Breeding

• Thread starter WatWouldMJDo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

WatWouldMJDo

Curious as to why you would bother making s1 seeds rather than keeping clones???

Honestly the only reason I want to get seeds is because I don’t want to lose the strain and I don’t want a mother taking up room for the rest of my growing days lol

W

WatWouldMJDo

I somewhat understand but if its that good then you shouldnt/wouldnt mind it taking up the space and research bonsai mothers,take up very little space.

I’ll definitely do that!!! I honestly have never even heard of bonsai mothers! Doing it!

chillywilly

chillywilly

Greetings,
In my experience, I had a rare Hawaiian indica and only 10 beans...most were males and females...the strain was killer...I had no more beans but one and grew 'him' ...males can b coaxed to produce pistils by placing in continual 12/12...but the trick to it is that the male plant somehow goes through changes...produes pistils and sacks, self pollination...now through experience I now have what I call a selfing male (sm1)... currently I have C99, Hawaiian indica, TGA Dannyboy and one other all from selfing male...the grows of all of them did produce males, fems, and herms... I did the Hawaiian last year and was surprised at the grow, produced m/f plants but we're different from the true fem of the original set, when self crossed to self produced the original 'lost' genes ...they said C99 would not hermie, I've seen it...one male cut down, leave one or two nodes at bottom, place back in 12/12 flower, the plant will reveg and start to pollinate itself...the C99 was totally different from the others but still kick...hope this helps ...I've done over and over...
cw

W

WatWouldMJDo

Punto rojo is out there in masses. Just sayin....most of it is already crossed out.

Yea these seeds are from a friend in Columbia. He he said he is 100% sure these are landrace seeds. Now if it’s true or not remains to be seen but I do trust him. I will eventually cross it but I will absolutely keep a bonsai mother and father if it’s male

Greetings,
In my experience, I had a rare Hawaiian indica and only 10 beans...most were males and females...the strain was killer...I had no more beans but one and grew 'him' ...males can b coaxed to produce pistils by placing in continual 12/12...but the trick to it is that the male plant somehow goes through changes...produes pistils and sacks, self pollination...now through experience I now have what I call a selfing male (sm1)... currently I have C99, Hawaiian indica, TGA Dannyboy and one other all from selfing male...the grows of all of them did produce males, fems, and herms... I did the Hawaiian last year and was surprised at the grow, produced m/f plants but we're different from the true fem of the original set, when self crossed to self produced the original 'lost' genes ...they said C99 would not hermie, I've seen it...one male cut down, leave one or two nodes at bottom, place back in 12/12 flower, the plant will reveg and start to pollinate itself...the C99 was totally different from the others but still kick...hope this helps ...I've done over and over...
cw

Absolutely what I was looking for! Thanks CW

chillywilly

chillywilly

Greetings,
I have what I believe to be a landrace Columbian seeds unhybridized that had the sweet earthy taste and smell and huge flowers, got ten from a sack almost 20 years ago...
cw

M

MrGreenGreen

Yea these seeds are from a friend in Columbia. He he said he is 100% sure these are landrace seeds. Now if it’s true or not remains to be seen but I do trust him. I will eventually cross it but I will absolutely keep a bonsai mother and father if it’s male

Absolutely what I was looking for! Thanks CW
Even so i guarantee they are f20 at least. Landrace becomes so so after a while. There are some exceptions. They are very prone to hermaphroditism as this is a survival expression. An outcross of similar genetics or another south American IBL would do justice.

Krippie94

Krippie94

Humans,were like,well our gene pool is all jacked up lets see what other DNA we can mess up too.
So true...and like humans, not every specimen is SPECIAL lol!!!
Sorry ya'll, had to throw a hike in.
I'm a chucker...AT BEST. AT BEST!!! And I don't chuck bag seeds...like ma' man says...the cannabis gene pool FUBAR. I'm all for preserving and...preserving strains. But, just proceed with caution. No one will benefit from 1 more strain out of thousands of its messed up. Ya dig?

Latest posts

Top Bottom