Hey Farmers, Better Hold On To Your Seeds And Genetics Wow

• Thread starter jumpincactus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Wolfe

Wolfe

People have been already doing gmo through chemical polyploidy induction. I’m going to assume the big guys have been doing it for a while now. A monopoly over seeds though... I hope not. Coca-Cola is trying to jump on the cbd bandwagon too.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
You guys worry too much about what others are doing,just stay in your own lane and do your thing.If we wiped out monsanto tomorrow three new (probably worse) companies would pop up to take their place,its just the way it is.All you can do is not support them and their nonsense and live your life the way you see fit.
@Freshone I hope this doesn't rankle you, but truly this is sort of the thinking I believe has gotten all of us in the mess to begin with. I'm talking "complacency" or a more accurate appraisal of most folks would be "apathy"

Lets just all stick our heads in the sand and "hope" Some day things will get better as long as I stay in my lane and mind my own business. The only way to change the world around us is to "rise up" there is strength in numbers and acceptance of being bent over year after year isn't going to get the job done.

Remember "the truest form of patriotism is dissent" As a whole I do believe we have all let things go way to far by not taking action.

Again Fresh, please don't take this as a personal attack, just speakin my mind. I have no issues or problems with you.

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

@OldManRiver

https://www.gwpharm.com/about-us/news/gw-pharmaceuticals-reacquires-full-rights-develop-and-commercialize-sativex®-us

Below : 2007 press release speaking of product development for the global market including the US

https://www.gwpharm.com/about-us/news/gw-pharmaceuticals-reacquires-full-rights-develop-and-commercialize-sativex®-us

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Sounds like a similar battle fought against the war in Vietnam..eventually the truth came out (the Pentagon Papers) and sentiments shifted rapidly after that....I would hope that the folks of today stand up for their beliefs (and to make sure..prepare for the worst)!
this is what I hope and pray we see someday soon before it is too late. Strength in numbers.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Um, not to derail the conspiracy theories, but y'all know its been illegal for Monsanto to be be growing these seeds anywhere in the world until Canada legalized, right? I am unaware that Monsanto has been able to grow the multiple generations of weed necessary to stabilize a strain in the few months since Canada legalized. Maybe they invented a time machine. Where, exactly, is Monsanto supposed to be doing this work, which would be highly illegal under US federal law?

Really, folks, put on your critical thinking caps. Weed is a tiny market compared to corn, wheat, soybeans, where a single farmer will plant more seeds for a single crop, than all the weed farmers in North America will use in a year. Why would Monsanto worry about a dink market?

Finally, you GMO lunatics need to get a life. There is exactly zero evidence that any GMO crop has ever done any harm to humans.
and there is no evidence that gmo's don't harm human life. Show me your studies. You going to believe the studies paid for by Monsanto? Sort of like the fox in charge of the henhouse, don't ya think

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

LOL

Pollenate

F

FutureGrower

Well one upside would be cannabis would be accessible to everyone. I dont believe they can really stop production on a personal level legal or illegally. It will proba ly stay very similar to craft beers

But it would be nice to just get our agriculture right in general. I honestly dont see the major argument, GMO based stuff is everywhere, but we can still go hunting, and though that's not even free, it's as organic as it gets...

Control is a mother fucker and psychedelics put that control at risk in my opinion so I'm not disagreeing I'm just not jumping to the doomsday scenario.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Well one upside would be cannabis would be accessible to everyone. I dont believe they can really stop production on a personal level legal or illegally. It will proba ly stay very similar to craft beers

But it would be nice to just get our agriculture right in general. I honestly dont see the major argument, GMO based stuff is everywhere, but we can still go hunting, and though that's not even free, it's as organic as it gets...

Control is a mother fucker and psychedelics put that control at risk in my opinion so I'm not disagreeing I'm just not jumping to the doomsday scenario.
If you are old enough to remember Thalidomide and the insecticides DDT and Roundup(SAFE at the time..LMAO)..you may think differently..Took at least a generation to BEGIN showing genetic damage..Those bastards and the ones that approved it, needed serious jail time or worse!!..As for GMOs..I try to avoid anything that I know contains them (Like Lays chips..now using Tim's chips) ..Since I grow, and now breed my own..I will also grow some veggies this winter..That way I know what went into them..No one said anything about Doomsday per say..Just being prepared for the worst, insofar as our weed/medicine goes..The Thought Police can't be far behind..

Not aimed at you, but you get the idea..LOL

Thoughtpolice

622bafb8f8c413f6e79bce682547346c

F

FutureGrower

If you are old enough to remember Thalidomide and the insecticides DDT and Roundup(SAFE at the time..LMAO)..you may think differently..Took at least a generation to BEGIN showing genetic damage..Those bastards and the ones that approved it, needed serious jail time or worse!!..As for GMOs..I try to avoid anything that I know contains them (Like Lays chips..now using Tim's chips) ..Since I grow, and now breed my own..I will also grow some veggies this winter..That way I know what went into them..No one said anything about Doomsday per say..Just being prepared for the worst, insofar as our weed/medicine goes..The Thought Police can't be far behind..

Not aimed at you, but you get the idea..LOL

View attachment 830714

View attachment 830713

Man I can't disagree with anything you've said. I

People are scum, that's the real thing that needs to change. I honestly feel like your local community is all you should focus on unless you're a super human go getter type. Goto the dog park say good things to people speak nicely and eventually you'll be having a real conversation with people local to you that impact your relationship between your community. There's no telling how far love spreads.

Man I wanna start the same thing next year too! I'm 29 and I'm in the middle of my third cycle, I never grew a thing before and I have fallen in love with growing I want to grow some of my own foods next year as well :)

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

People are scum, that's the real thing that needs to change. I honestly feel like your local community is all you should focus on unless you're a super human go getter type. Goto the dog park say good things to people speak nicely and eventually you'll be having a real conversation with people local to you that impact your relationship between your community. There's no telling how far love spreads.

Man I wanna start the same thing next year too! I'm 29 and I'm in the middle of my third cycle, I never grew a thing before and I have fallen in love with growing I want to grow some of my own foods next year as well :)
LOL..I totally agree..people are scum and will put $$ ahead of everything else..We can only use our best efforts to stay on the right side of the equation..I was one of those unfortunates that was exposed to DDT in the 50's before the shit was exposed as a killer..Luckily as a senior in my early 70's..no effects that I am aware of..Probably smoked tons of weed back inb the day, that was sprayed with Paraquat..still here and still no Pharm. Medications..Asprin and an allergy tablet once in a while but that is!!

Do enjoy everything that growing has to offer..BETTER weed, and healthier too.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Forgot..I have 3 dogs and can't go to a dog park here, without the fear od the ever present Dog Viruses and worse in those parks (Reno)..
6 13 18
6 13 18 3

F

FutureGrower

LOL..I totally agree..people are scum and will put $$ ahead of everything else..We can only use our best efforts to stay on the right side of the equation..I was one of those unfortunates that was exposed to DDT in the 50's before the shit was exposed as a killer..Luckily as a senior in my early 70's..no effects that I am aware of..Probably smoked tons of weed back inb the day, that was sprayed with Paraquat..still here and still no Pharm. Medications..Asprin and an allergy tablet once in a while but that is!!

Do enjoy everything that growing has to offer..BETTER weed, and healthier too.

No shit man. My first 2 cycles were ran with bad genetics. The first run was bad al the way through but my 2nd cycle even though I had a small yield was one of the better smokes I've had. Flavor and aromas shine through SO much more. Not stinkier just a better smell:)

But I owe everything honestly to organikz brazzle and ecompost in no particular order, they sent me the way of living soil :)

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Ah that's a bummer man! I'm over here in Oregon and as fall is setting in my dog is gonna turn into a recluse lol. Too cold for her
Funny stuff...my two older dogs love the cold and snow..the younger one has yet to see snow..Can't wait for that one..
Here is a 5 yr old Aussie that I had to put down (mouth cancer)..she loved eating and playing with it..like forever, if I didn't bring her in. She was a queen bitch,,sort of like the people running the GC forums..LMAO
But I loved her all the same:(

The Border Collie (Rescued) is now thirteen and still going strong:)
MindyRebba in the snow2 12 2013

F

FutureGrower

Funny stuff...my two older dogs love the cold and snow..the younger one has yet to see snow..Can't wait for that one..
Here is a 5 yr old Aussie that I had to put down (mouth cancer)..she loved eating and playing with it..like forever, if I didn't bring her in. She was a queen bitch,,sort of like the people running the GC forums..LMAO
But I loved her all the same:(

The Border Collie (Rescued) is now thirteen and still going strong:)
View attachment 830799

They're family man. Doesnt matter if they're a terror or not haha

Latest posts

Top Bottom