Hey Guys I'm Erik And This Is My First Grow.

• Thread starter HoldenMcNiel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

Ethanb11290

This is my first grow. I’ve got everything to make it happen successfully but I’m having trouble with my plants. They seem stunted they have been growing for about two weeks. I need some advice

2EBC40FF 22AC 4C3C B1C0 4CA9B2AFFA2F
779B5133 7532 4BB0 A8BD 20D1F7A73DBF
H

HoldenMcNiel

This is my first grow. I’ve got everything to make it happen successfully but I’m having trouble with my plants. They seem stunted they have been growing for about two weeks. I need some advice
Are you feeding yet, ? If so stop. What are your lights and soil like? The soil doesn't look like it has any perlite in it which cannabis loves for root air. You at least got coco in there?
Also IDK what lights are on them but they look kinda yellow and burnt but also like the roots may not be receiving enough oxygen.

E

Ethanb11290

Are you feeding yet, ? If so stop. What are your lights and soil like? The soil doesn't look like it has any perlite in it which cannabis loves for root air. You at least got coco in there?
Also IDK what lights are on them but they look kinda yellow and burnt but also like the roots may not be receiving enough oxygen.
I just got a 1200 watt led in there. I was having an issue with temp but I got that figure out. The one with more leaves was kind of a trial plant for me and I burned it up with nutes so I stopped and flushed the soil. But can I add perlite and coco at this stage in the game. I order quality seeds and don’t wanna mess them up so that why I started with these

E

Ethanb11290

I just got a 1200 watt led in there. I was having an issue with temp but I got that figure out. The one with more leaves was kind of a trial plant for me and I burned it up with nutes so I stopped and flushed the soil. But can I add perlite and coco at this stage in the game. I order quality seeds and don’t wanna mess them up so that why I started with these
A lot of the issues I was having with insufficient light and temp I figure out in the past day or so. I’m hoping that makes a difference. The smaller one looks good but idk if I’m being impatient or it stunted

H

HoldenMcNiel

A lot of the issues I was having with insufficient light and temp I figure out in the past day or so. I’m hoping that makes a difference. The smaller one looks good but idk if I’m being impatient or it stunted

Sounds like your light is fine as long as you keep it at proper distance.
You probably nute burnt them a little. Flush for 3 waters and be patient. She'll probably bounce back.
You can add perlite or coco if you want (I would next time)
If you do just be careful with the roots.... In fact I might not mess with that this time around but for the future I have had really good results with fox farm ocean floor soil or the other fox farm seed starting soil.

E

Ethanb11290

Sounds like your light is fine as long as you keep it at proper distance.
You probably nute burnt them a little. Flush for 3 waters and be patient. She'll probably bounce back.
You can add perlite or coco if you want (I would next time)
If you do just be careful with the roots.... In fact I might not mess with that this time around but for the future I have had really good results with fox farm ocean floor soil or the other fox farm seed starting soil.
Thanks for the advice. These were test plants more or less anyways. So in a few weeks I’m gonna start again depending on these and get coco and perlite. That should make a huge difference

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Don’t try to add perlite or coco now just water less also you can stab the soil with a pencil couple of times to create air pockets. Then when you up pot add as much perlite, lava rocks, pumice or zeolite as you like to your new soil, i add all of those because they all have different benefits.

H

HoldenMcNiel

I went in there today and I wish I had a better camera because my biggest Animal cookies which I trained into a 4 main cola Hydra is starting to get frosty. The tallest purple Kush looks amazing.... Over 4 feet without the 5 gallon bucket lots of bud sites working. I pulled a few blue knight males and looks like I'll only have 4 12/12 from seed blue knights (out of 9) :( oh well at least I caught the males before pollination. Everything else in there is cooking nicely. I think I'm almost done with the flowering stretch for most of them. Should be just making buds in about a week. This is the 18th 12/12 light cycle and they look like this...

IMG 20180624 151846
IMG 20180624 151819
IMG 20180624 151925
IMG 20180624 152038
IMG 20180624 151955

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

I went in there today and I wish I had a better camera because my biggest Animal cookies which I trained into a 4 main cola Hydra is starting to get frosty. The tallest purple Kush looks amazing.... Over 4 feet without the 5 gallon bucket lots of bud sites working. I pulled a few blue knight males and looks like I'll only have 4 12/12 from seed blue knights (out of 9) :( oh well at least I caught the males before pollination. Everything else in there is cooking nicely. I think I'm almost done with the flowering stretch for most of them. Should be just making buds in about a week. This is the 18th 12/12 light cycle and they look like this...

View attachment 810730 View attachment 810731 View attachment 810732 View attachment 810733 View attachment 810734
Looking good man! I tried to take some pics without the leds on, and it's hard. But if you can manage pics in regular light, they do the plants more justice. I agree your stretch is pretty much over. Good job! :cool:

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Welcome to the farm man. Since this is an introduction thread but looks like it will also be a grow journal I would suggest you start a grow log/journal in the general growing forum. Or if you want I can move it there for you. Then you wont have to deal with setting another thread up.

Again welcome to the farm and thanks for your service...….. :D lemme know if you want me to move it for ya.

H

HoldenMcNiel

Looking good man! I tried to take some pics without the leds on, and it's hard. But if you can manage pics in regular light, they do the plants more justice. I agree your stretch is pretty much over. Good job! :cool:
I know lol sorry about the burple lighting.

H

HoldenMcNiel

Welcome to the farm man. Since this is an introduction thread but looks like it will also be a grow journal I would suggest you start a grow log/journal in the general growing forum. Or if you want I can move it there for you. Then you wont have to deal with setting another thread up.

Again welcome to the farm and thanks for your service...….. :D lemme know if you want me to move it for ya.
If you could please move it for me that would be great. :) Thanks

H

HoldenMcNiel

It looks like I will have only 4 of the 9 12/12 from seed blue knights because 5 were male. *sigh* Oh well, I'm pretty sure I caught them before pollination. I fed them today with Fox Farm Grow big, Big bloom and Tiger bloom. Everything is going well. I can see more and more buds/crystals each day. You know, some people say that you can't finish in 1 gallon pots but I think I'm about to prove them wrong. I've had no problem keeping the pots damp and IDK, it just seems like these ladies are loving it. I really don't foresee any issues finishing in them. Maybe if my veg time was longer but I think I have a good rhythm down for what I want to do which is a month veg in 1 gals. . Like 12 or so in my 4x4 creating a SOG producing I'm guessing around a pound every 3 months or so. That MIGHT be enough medicine to get me by lol(if it's fire)
We will see but so far that's what I'm thinking.

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

It looks like I will have only 4 of the 9 12/12 from seed blue knights because 5 were male. *sigh* Oh well, I'm pretty sure I caught them before pollination. I fed them today with Fox Farm Grow big, Big bloom and Tiger bloom. Everything is going well. I can see more and more buds/crystals each day. You know, some people say that you can't finish in 1 gallon pots but I think I'm about to prove them wrong. I've had no problem keeping the pots damp and IDK, it just seems like these ladies are loving it. I really don't foresee any issues finishing in them. Maybe if my veg time was longer but I think I have a good rhythm down for what I want to do which is a month veg in 1 gals. . Like 12 or so in my 4x4 creating a SOG producing I'm guessing around a pound every 3 months or so. That MIGHT be enough medicine to get me by lol(if it's fire)
We will see but so far that's what I'm thinking.
It varies some, by strain. But yeah, I just harvested 19.5 oz's from 8 plants, in a 4x4, no scrog, grew small Indica plants. :cool:

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Hey everyone my name's Erik and I love cannabis. I am an Army veteran who has chronic pain and I swapped about 14 different prescriptions for cannabis about 4 years back and never looked back.
I'm in a legal state (California) so I decided to try my hand at growing. I didn't quite know what method I wanted to stick with in the long run so I have many different veg times and containers in my 4x4 but how do you think they look so far?

This is 4 days into flowering and the oldest in 5 gals have veged for 6 weeks.
Hello and welcome bud!!

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

Looking good. Now, we can watch and see if your lamps are gonna yield good. Much better pics, btw. :cool:

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

Thanks for the advice. These were test plants more or less anyways. So in a few weeks I’m gonna start again depending on these and get coco and perlite. That should make a huge difference
10-1 it’s probably just the light intensity, it’s not unheard of to feed if your soil isn’t super rich of amendments. Back the light off a bit, those bloomers are looking nice, green and healthy cheers to a nice yeild!

Top Bottom