Hi Everyone ! Please Help !6

• Thread starter RedTeamGrowz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Well, if you have a few good male prospects: identify what is what.
Put them in a separate tent.
Now identify which females are which, see if that female produces well, or if any particular characteristics you like.
Looking at plant vigor, male, select male to female,
Collect pollen, the flowers will burst and drop “flour” like pollen on leaves this should tell ya that , (he) has pollen ready, select a few flowers, into a ziplock baggies, collect as much as you can.
Now by this time you would have isolated a female or 2 to pollinate. Using a brush, dip into the bags, select the flowering sites on female, brush each cola you want to seed.
Remember males mature faster then females it’s why in the breeding game, one starts females 4. Weeks before males.
Provided you have e done some homework’ you can cross pollinate differently (strain wise)
What you are making is known as S1 , meaning the genetics will be somewhat scattered, you may get more from male and or more on the female.
It’s a crap shoot.
Usually folks will repeat the pollination 2-4 times to isolate the characteristics you desire .
Once that is done then you select your best repeatable female and will force it to change gender. This is achieved via a few methods, colodial silver being one easy method.
One would get a plant into flower , week one and start spraying the solution. Into flowering sites until the hormone responsible for male is turned on, weed is one of many plants that has the ability to switch gender .
Once she is a he, it will produce pollen, which one pollinates into the same breed female , this is now a feminized seed, meaning it will be a reliable female only plant from seed.
It’s not a 100% as I see even feminine seeds generate male plants, but it’s the most reliable for those growing a few plants.
S1 or normal male to female pollinated plants , there is a 50/50 shot of males vs females.
There is more to this but this is just a very basic explanation.
For your purposes, u need seeds, grab a male and female and pollinate. Make seeds, learn. Then repeat as you gain experience. You may make a killer or it could be junk. But don’t expect to smoke any seeded weed, potency is lowered once pollinated.
Also to know if pollination took, the pistils, the hairs will turn brown 24-36hrs after success.
Pollinate at week 4 of flowering and allow the flowers to finish off on its own. Usually strain depending, 3-4 weeks longer then what you would do for smokable weed. Seeds should be dried as one would dry weed. But longer. Color should be dark to black, strain depending.
Looks there is a whole thread about this, type , making seeds in the search bar and you can read more.

Madmax

Madmax

Gotcha ! So how do I make the strain show more vigor & produce big yields
Select the biggest healthiest plants of ea sex and your near halfway there.soil is the nxt important ingredient.this is how an old timer in my neck of the woods explained how he grows trees the old fashioned way..its not really relevant to your post but i will mention it anyway.first is you make your own compost.second select 2 of the biggest healthiest plants of a different strain.he said its like this .he used coke can and coke bottles as an eg..first year 2 coke cans represent your male female plant.375ml the off spring grow to 1.25 you then select a male female that grows same size 1.25..then the offspring of those grow 2.5 ltr so on and so forth.some of you might think bullshit but i have witnessed how he does it..put it this way he had bikies from another state trying to locate him and kidnap him to grow for them.he got busted with a several million dollar crop decades back..i got some seeds of him back then and were like ball bearings hahahaha

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Gotcha ! So how do I make the strain show more vigor & produce big yields

There are folk out there that have worked on strains for decades to produce as much as possible and best quality as possible. I recently bought some seeds from mike j over at peakseedsbc and so far one thing I’m noticing is how tight the nodes are. very efficient use of the plants energy. Although I had vigor with my buddies home brew seeds, only a small percentage of that plant was bud sites. What I’m getting at is I leave the breeding to the pros and just buy someone else’s hard work and grow it out. Have Mother’s, make clones. I never risk pollentating my crop. I get it tho. That desire to expirement. Make sure you have room to and just keep em seperated would be my advice. Who am I to piss on your dreams man. Don’t even listen to your ol uncle. He’s just bitter and jaded

R

RedTeamGrowz

No way I could know. It depends on the stability of the original genetics.

And you can’t change the genetics but learning about how plants grow and how light and nutrients can influence their growth, as well as training them to fit certain space can help.
1989NL5

R

RedTeamGrowz

IMG 20181110 102053 219

From Last grow , got one male one female and one died it's NL5 skunk1 x G13 widow

R

RedTeamGrowz

I still have alot to learn , I've only been doing this for a little longer than 4 years But I think I'm starting to get the hang of it sorry for not posting I'll put a pics or two up

R

RedTeamGrowz

Well, if you have a few good male prospects: identify what is what.
Put them in a separate tent.
Now identify which females are which, see if that female produces well, or if any particular characteristics you like.
Looking at plant vigor, male, select male to female,
Collect pollen, the flowers will burst and drop “flour” like pollen on leaves this should tell ya that , (he) has pollen ready, select a few flowers, into a ziplock baggies, collect as much as you can.
Now by this time you would have isolated a female or 2 to pollinate. Using a brush, dip into the bags, select the flowering sites on female, brush each cola you want to seed.
Remember males mature faster then females it’s why in the breeding game, one starts females 4. Weeks before males.
Provided you have e done some homework’ you can cross pollinate differently (strain wise)
What you are making is known as S1 , meaning the genetics will be somewhat scattered, you may get more from male and or more on the female.
It’s a crap shoot.
Usually folks will repeat the pollination 2-4 times to isolate the characteristics you desire .
Once that is done then you select your best repeatable female and will force it to change gender. This is achieved via a few methods, colodial silver being one easy method.
One would get a plant into flower , week one and start spraying the solution. Into flowering sites until the hormone responsible for male is turned on, weed is one of many plants that has the ability to switch gender .
Once she is a he, it will produce pollen, which one pollinates into the same breed female , this is now a feminized seed, meaning it will be a reliable female only plant from seed.
It’s not a 100% as I see even feminine seeds generate male plants, but it’s the most reliable for those growing a few plants.
S1 or normal male to female pollinated plants , there is a 50/50 shot of males vs females.
There is more to this but this is just a very basic explanation.
For your purposes, u need seeds, grab a male and female and pollinate. Make seeds, learn. Then repeat as you gain experience. You may make a killer or it could be junk. But don’t expect to smoke any seeded weed, potency is lowered once pollinated.
Also to know if pollination took, the pistils, the hairs will turn brown 24-36hrs after success.
Pollinate at week 4 of flowering and allow the flowers to finish off on its own. Usually strain depending, 3-4 weeks longer then what you would do for smokable weed. Seeds should be dried as one would dry weed. But longer. Color should be dark to black, strain depending.
Looks there is a whole thread about this, type , making seeds in the search bar and you can read more.
How many seeds will come off each branch I put pollen on ? At least a couple hundred you think ?

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
How many seeds will come off each branch I put pollen on ? At least a couple hundred you think ?

It depends on the concentration of pistils and the size of the bud, number of successful pollinized sites, concentration of pollen...a zillion variables can affect it. It also depends on the strains...some will be prolific and some won't produce large numbers. If you take a large branch and pollinate the shit out of it, you can expect a lot of seeds, but it is limited by the size of the branch...a branch off of a 4 ft grow is a lot smaller than the branch off of a 10 ft outdoor grow..and will produce fewer seeds. Its hard to judge without previous experience with the strains and the setup.
A fellow grower takes large branches during veg growth, cuts it off, and sticks it into a pot full of Promix. It sprouts roots quickly if pushed bare end about 5-6 inches deep. This will give you huge clones that you can either pollinate to your desired state or dose them with Colloidal Silver and get a full plant's worth of feminized seeds. No need to use rooting solutions...they root themselves if kept moist.

R

RedTeamGrowz

It depends on the concentration of pistils and the size of the bud, number of successful pollinized sites, concentration of pollen...a zillion variables can affect it. It also depends on the strains...some will be prolific and some won't produce large numbers. If you take a large branch and pollinate the shit out of it, you can expect a lot of seeds, but it is limited by the size of the branch...a branch off of a 4 ft grow is a lot smaller than the branch off of a 10 ft outdoor grow..and will produce fewer seeds. Its hard to judge without previous experience with the strains and the setup.
A fellow grower takes large branches during veg growth, cuts it off, and sticks it into a pot full of Promix. It sprouts roots quickly if pushed bare end about 5-6 inches deep. This will give you huge clones that you can either pollinate to your desired state or dose them with Colloidal Silver and get a full plant's worth of feminized seeds. No need to use rooting solutions...they root themselves if kept moist.
Wow I'm speechless no two hundred dollar machine needed ?

R

RedTeamGrowz

Just take a huge branch n stick it in a pot of soil ?

R

RedTeamGrowz

And today was my lucky day !!! :-D :-)
I got gifted 16 plants !
other NL on right , tall lanky fucker
On left is cherry p x jack

R

RedTeamGrowz

On the right idk what it was
On left is Lime Meringue pie the tag said so I got a couple more out back but my back is smoked so I need to get high

Top Bottom