Hi Everyone

• Thread starter Jbkb17
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jbkb17

Jbkb17

I’m a complete novice and need all the help I can get!! I’ve managed to sprout my seeds, they are about 2”. I put them under a 400w and they just dropped!! Too close I suppose??

sixstring

sixstring

If that's the only light you have raise it up away from them until they perk back up.i would be about 30inches away if they are droppy already.welcome to the farm :)

Jbkb17

Jbkb17

If that's the only light you have raise it up away from them until they perk back up.i would be about 30inches away if they are droppy already.welcome to the farm :)
Thank you, I took them away and put them back in my heated seed tray.. there now fine again but I’ll try again tomorrow!!

sixstring

sixstring

Thank you, I took them away and put them back in my heated seed tray.. there now fine again but I’ll try again tomorrow!!
So does the seed tray have a smaller light or is it just in natural light ?

Dan789

Dan789

Welcome, maybe put them under a desk lamp till they’ve gotten out of the seedling stage, my $.02.

Jbkb17

Jbkb17

So does the seed tray have a smaller light or is it just in natural light ?
It was just in natural light... soon as I put it under bulb they droop!! Tried again tonight but same and they were a good way off the light!! Back in windowsill!!

madgrower

madgrower

It was just in natural light... soon as I put it under bulb they droop!! Tried again tonight but same and they were a good way off the light!! Back in windowsill!!
Are they in soil

C

Crohnsabis

Just leave them in your windowsill or under some cheap cfl light just hbtil they get some leaves then hit them with the 400w. I commend you getting the 400w for veg though

Patience grasshopper...patience

Joser420710

Joser420710

Hey Jbkb17 I'm new to this site too, I've always browsed, I've never been a fam of social media. You should go to Hydroshop and buy a 2ft 2 bulb fluorescent light l. It's about $20. Put them in a tray with a dome and set the light over it. You can open the vents on top if you want, your 400w is too hot for them

Dan789

Dan789

Are they still alive @Jbkb17 ? Have you gotten them out from under that 400 watt whatever you’re using?

Jbkb17

Jbkb17

Are they still alive @Jbkb17 ? Have you gotten them out from under that 400 watt whatever you’re using?
Hi, one is out of the two, but the light is costing me a fortune, is there any alternative!!!

Jbkb17

Jbkb17

Hey Jbkb17 I'm new to this site too, I've always browsed, I've never been a fam of social media. You should go to Hydroshop and buy a 2ft 2 bulb fluorescent light l. It's about $20. Put them in a tray with a dome and set the light over it. You can open the vents on top if you want, your 400w is too hot for them
Hi, thank you.... can I get these from eBay???

Joser420710

Joser420710

Of course I buy my stuff from Ebay and Amazon all the time. Try an LED light for flowering. Full spectrum it'll keep the bill down

Jbkb17

Jbkb17

You can tell I’m a complete novice.. lol... right so LED full Spec...thanks

Monster762

Monster762

Hi, thank you.... can I get these from eBay???
Yup I got em on amazon and t5 good solid advice for starting plants. But t5 will only get you so much in flower. It doesn’t have penetration power which is what saves seedlings under them. If your 400w Is hps that will be fine for flower. You always want a breeze between the light and tops of plants. Also at seedling stage you want a light wiggle on plants. Not strong wind. That wiggle is what builds the strength in your stalk. No wind no wiggle no stalk. You end up with a sprout shooting for the sky on a paper clip sized stalk that can’t support anything. A 400 w shouldn’t really show in power cost but to keep draw low I run a combo of t5 with led. But leds are tricky and misleading if you got a hps 400 and get t5 to start em you should be good for 2 plants. The hps is pretty reliable compared to led.

Latest posts

Top Bottom